Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hannah_M

Thanks for posting!

I wish you could add an editing feature right in this upload location. It is really a pain to have to log out- go into photos, edit, log back in, etc. Our photographer sends us the larger high res files for printing purposes as we still print too.
KirklandM
Rookie
This 2016, adjust the document upload capacity to allow document uploads of at least 250 M. When we hit the 1024M limit we can delete, but remove the goofy limitation per document.
Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

EdD5795
Rookie

I had a file that was over 5mb and the Support Team Member tried to compress it for me but your system could not handle that size file.  If you could possibilty increase your systems ability to do larger files that would be great.

DavidT98681
Rookie

The 5MB limit is out of date. Many photos are 8-10MB fresh off the camera. Other programs let me upload these without having to resize them. Yours should too.

DMAWHOLESALE
Rookie

I totally agree.  I have ONE flyer that is apparently over the 5MB "limit" and now I cannot send it!!  What year is CC in?  Files are getting bigger people. 5MB by today's standards is nothing.  CC you need to get your act together and get with the times!  Really disappointed!!

CorinneS76
Brand Strategist

I'm confused. Our newsletters usually contain 3 pages. saved as either  pdf or png files . . . with at least one graphic on each page. Size  of the those files has never been a problem until today. Although the first page  had only 664 kb (.664 MB) I still had to  reduce the size in order to load it into the  library. The second page also is less than 5MB, but I've spent the last 24 hours  trying to get the library to accept it. The loading  icon just keeps spinning. Is there some way to delete  that process and start over. . .and will that take care of the problem?

CorinneS76
Brand Strategist

Could the total number of items in the  Library be the problem?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More