Allow users to unlink attached content after sending

I expect to have control over the content in my library. When I uploaded a file to an email and sent it I discovered that I no longer had control over the file that constant contact was hosting for me. Deleting the file from my library did not remove the file from constant contacts servers and users were still able to see the file that I had deleted from the system. A support representative was able to break the link to the file for me, but this is something that should be able to be done on the users side. I expect to have control over the files I upload.
2 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @SheilaR2. I'm glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you. In case others come across this post, there is a workaround to replace the file with a blank document prior to deleting it. It may take up to 15 minutes and require clearing the browser's cache to see the blank document. We'll open this idea up for voting in the meantime.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

We will be closing this idea as the ability to replace file links in a sent email is available. Please see the workaround listed above.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More