cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Alpha sort on images

Alpha sort on images

I just started a new email and needed to replace the image in the email that I was using. Although I very much like the folders that were added, I have not had the time to sort all my images into the folders. I am doing that as I use them. I know how to find my frequent users in the alpha sort even though I do not remember all of their titles. I was stunned when I found that I could not sort my images in alpha order. Please put that back as soon as possible. If not, you will continue add minutes to my day every time I have to look for an image that I have not yet sorted.

Thank you

Bob Cherner

scltd@scltd.biz

85 Comments
Regular Visitor
The new library is difficult to use and is killing my productivity. Please tell me there is a way to sort the library by file type (image vs. document) and by file name (alphabetically). If I'm missing it, let me know. If the functionality is not there, PLEASE add it asap. Feeling disgruntled... Also would be helpful if the document/image name in the email reports (click-throughs) matched the file name in the library. The long link name "https://origin.library.constantcontact.com/doc..." etc is not a helpful way to easily see what pages have been viewed. Thanks!
All Star
Hi, I would like to make a suggestion. Is it possible to have our photos in the library be grouped in an a-z or z-a order for easier functioning and locating of our photos? Thanks! Paula

Horrible update! Why did you guys drop the alpha sort? Do you realize how much time it now takes all of your paying customers to find their images?

I do not like the new system. There is no page to quick glance at the images (had no pictures) ALSO I want to be able to sort from "old to new" and A-L or whatever the other options were!
Please add sort alphabetically, old to new and new to old. Right now, unless you know the exact name of the image, the search function does not find the image.
Occasional Visitor

SO FRUSTRATED! I have hundreds of images and need to be able to sort by DATE and ALPHA!

PLEASE add this feature back- it seems like such a simple thing to add back in...you have made my job SOOOO much HARDER!!!!

Occasional Contributor
WHY WHY WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY MY ABILITY TO SORT MY IMAGES ALPHABETICALLY??????? I have over a thousand images I use regularly. I have to be able to find them and the easiest way is to do an alpha search. But no, you all "improved" the image library and now my job takes longer every day!!!!! Please change it back and stop trying to fix something that isn't broken!!!
All Star
How can I fund images by name or date added? What happened to that function?
Status changed to: New
Thanks for this feedback. I am glad you are finding things faster overall. When you search, have you tried out using the "filter" options to narrow it down more? This would allow you to search and or show only images uploaded in a date range, with a specific orientation or specific file types. You can view these options by clicking "Advanced".

I agree! I do not like the way the new library displays the images, nor that it is difficult to sort the view by recent/a-z. PLUS there is the wide open space in "all" through which we have to search in order to find previously unfiled images. Ick, ick, ick.

Please improve the search function ( i know the photo has been uploaded, but damned if I can find it!)

Visitor

Before the "improvement" to the image libraries I used to be able to sort by other criteria that upload date. This has become a real hassel using your new system.

Frequent Visitor
Don't like the sort command of your image gallery...please include the a-z, newest to oldest options.
Visitor
this makes clearing my inventory very time consuming and inconvenient
All Star
Need to be able to sort images in the library.
All Star

Lumping documents and images together in one library is confusing and more difficult to use.  I had to spend the time to manually separate them to simplify things.

Not being able to sort my images is a big step backward when searching for an image.  Also, when I am scrolling through the unsorted images trying to find the one I want, it often appears that not all the images are shown. When I know that an image exists but cannot find it visually, I must guess the name of the graphic and enter it as a search parameter to select it. 

This new setup apparently no longer lists usage information on images.  How is one to avoid inadvertently deleting an image that appears in previous emails?  I just ran into a user who forwarded an email and wound up with the dreaded Image Deleted X of death on the primary graphic.

Help!  It wasn't broken.  Why did it need to be fixed???

I agree with Cheryl.  Now I have to sort through over 800 pictures because I can no longer alphabetize my files.  How am I supposed to find anything here?!

All Star
Can there at least be a way to sort the files? Alphabetically, for instance?
All Star
I like to sort by date so I can delete files I'm no longer using more easily.

HI MacEgel

I just wanted to answer your question about usage. We still provide usage information inside the image details. It will show at the bottom of the window with a link to view the names of the emails. Hope this helps!

10-3-2013 10-41-34 AM.jpg

All Star

I can't stand the new image library. I'd like to be able to see all my photos in alphbetical order.

I loathe the search feature--it gets stuck on a few photos, and that's it. If you can't remember the name of the photo you're looking for, there's no looking for it.

The old way was better.

Frequent Visitor
Please provide the ability to search for images alphabetically.
Frequent Visitor
Previously had the ability to sort by date added/used or alphabetically by file name. My file names may or may not be accurate to the topic of the photo, and with 800 plus photos, this is a real pain to find what I'm seeking. Also, stock photos I previously were all dumped into the same file, so now I have even more to sift through.
REALLY miss the ability to sort images by New to Old, Old to New, A to Z and Z to A. Also would apprediate smaller thumbnails in the thumbnail view, and would like to see the name of each pic appear as a caption below each picture.
P L E A S E - bring back the alphabetizing of the pictures. I select files by names and would really appreciate keeping it simple for me by re-implementing the A-Z sorting. Not everyone wants to always single search or go by the date. thank you
All Star
All documents are hard to find now. Please, at a minmum, offer an alpha sort option by document name.
All Star
Documents are very hard to find now. Please add an alpha sort option. Please expand the number of doucuments that can be viewed at once. Please separate the photos from the documents. Please add a list view.
Occasional Visitor
I really hate the new library program because it's slow, cumbersome and doesn't allow you to search by date. The old one at lease allowed you to do newest to oldest or oldest to newest. It also very slow to move several pictures into a file - when you do it by bulk, you have to scroll to the top and then it is awkward to pick the file. The other choice is to do it one at a time. The editing feature isn't as easy as it was with PickMonkey. I am very disappointed and can tell you that the new library ads at least an hour or more in time and work to each newsletter. Honestly, it's easier and faster to just upload it again than to navigate the library.
Occasional Advisor

I'm unsure why sorting the columns doesn't exist.

Firstly, I think there is a bug with having numbers and punctuation in the files... see attached... so maybe it is actually alpha sorted but the bug is causing mine to not sort...

but in the insert image panel we should be able to sort by date uploaded NEW...OLD like we used to, and A...Z as we were able to before. 

There is a "filtering system" in My Library, but there is no filtering system in the Insert Image dialog... unsure why.

The column should include "date added" and "last date used" and all be clickable to sort by clicking on columns as well as filename Z...A or A...Z

searchresult.jpg
I can't find the sort button for re-sorting my images by alphabet.
Occasional Visitor
The new image library arrangement is frustrating. The images used to be in alpha order and now are scattered and are thus difficult to find. Having all th images in one area adds to the confusion. Moving to folders helps but doesn't solve the issue. I don't find a way to sort images. Please advise.
Occasional Visitor

My goodness, why do you let your engineers create the interface, rather than people who actually use the email program? Why would you not include sorting of the images? New to old, old to new, alphabetically. If I ever have the time to move my emails to a new program ... I am gone! I do this for two organizations.

Occasional Contributor
The new library is cluttered and cumbersome and difficult to use. Support was not helpful and only suggested I do things their way and not the way I wanted to which I've been doing for 6 years. I am not able to sort or delete images because I can't find them alphabetically.

Hi All,

Just wanted to share an update. We got lots of feedback on this and we heard loud and clear thaty you wanted to be able to sort. As of today, it's back!

Use the options in the header to re-order the library for you.

10-23-2013 2-45-10 PM.jpg

Occasional Contributor

It is 10-31-13. I do not see the option to sort!

Status changed to: Closed - Implemented