cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Alpha sort on images

Alpha sort on images

I just started a new email and needed to replace the image in the email that I was using. Although I very much like the folders that were added, I have not had the time to sort all my images into the folders. I am doing that as I use them. I know how to find my frequent users in the alpha sort even though I do not remember all of their titles. I was stunned when I found that I could not sort my images in alpha order. Please put that back as soon as possible. If not, you will continue add minutes to my day every time I have to look for an image that I have not yet sorted.

Thank you

Bob Cherner

scltd@scltd.biz

85 Comments
Status changed to: New
Thanks for sharing this idea, Bob!
All Star
PLEASE BRING BACK ALPHA SORT ON IMAGES! I USE UP TO 5 IMAGES PER CAMPAIGN EVERY WEEK AND NEED TO SORT A TO Z TO FIND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. I HAVE OVER 400 IMAGES IN MY LIBRARY AND NEED A MUCH FASTER WAY TO FIND THEM. NOT BEING ABLE TO ALPH SORT IS GOING TO COST ME WAY TOO MUCH TIME. YES, I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS A REALLY BIG DEAL TO ME. PLEASE HELP!
Visitor
no dates - this and all the above make it very difficult to edit pictures or use or delete items in my folder. I AM VERY NOT HAPPY WITH THIS. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE CUT OFF PIC UNTIL YOU HAD A VIABLE OPTION FOR THE USERS.
All Star
What happened to being able to sort images alphabetically A-Z, Z-A? I have over 800 images. I don't remember the file names or when they were uploaded. This is ridiculous! I dont' need to see dimensions, size and actions in a list. I need to be able to SORT and SCROLL QUICKLY! I dont' have time to click to "show More" when you only parcel out a few more images with each click. And now the pdf documents and images are all in one library, making it harder than ever to find what I need. And what happened to the PicMonkey editor? Do we get a refund on that? I am one VERY UNHAPPY customer!!! FIX IT!
Occasional Contributor
In what order at the images now displayed in the image library? PLEASE put the sort back. I can't find anything.
Occasional Visitor
Need to be able to show images in alphabetical order like before.
Thanks for posting. The images currently show in the order they were added or uploaded to the account. I can understand how sorting would be helpful, do you have any ideas of how you would like to sort? By Name, date, etc?
Thanks for sharing this idea!

We still need the "order" options that were previously offered "A-Z" "Z-A" "Newest to oldest" "oldest to newest"

It was a helpful feature to be able to sort images alphabetically or by the date added while searching for an image to add. Where has this useful feature gone?
Occasional Contributor
I want to sort my files by image name A-Z. I used to be able to do that and now I can't. Why did you remove that option??!?!
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately the sort options you mentioned are no longer available but this is great feedback moving forward. Currently the images will be sorted in the order they were added to your account.
Occasional Visitor
Love the new option to upload more than one photo, but what happened to the sort option when I am looking to insert from my library???
All Star
You have made modifications to the image galery and removed my ability to look for an image in alphabetical order. I have over 647 images to go through and although the search is nice when you know what you are looling for, the alphabetical search is essential to me. I use all the time. Please put this back. Thank you.
All Star
There doesn't seem to be any way to sort the viewing - i.e. by date uploaded. I can't figure out how they're being listed out. Would really like to be able to sort by date and also by name. Also, I'd like to be able to move files from a folder to all/unsorted, but can't seem to do that. When I upload an image while working on an email campaign, there doesn't seem to be a way to select which folder to put it in. Have to leave the email campaign and go into the library to do that.
Occasional Visitor
It is extremely difficult to find images when there are hundreds. Please streamline.
Frequent Visitor
Need to be able to change listing of documents and images to alphabetical order from uploading order. Also, the most important of all!!!!! Please, please restore the feature where we could resize the images that are already in the library, like we used to be able to. I cannot do without it. I work with speaker pictures that are sent to me in all different sizes and after uploading need to make them approximately the same size. Please restore that feature.
Occasional Visitor
In regard to the Image Library: Prior to your recent site upgrade (last week or so?) I was able to view the images from 2 options: 1) New to Old (Chronologically), or 2) A-Z (Alphabetically). Those options are no longer available. I can't tell what type of order the image library display is in. The first couple of images are new, the next bunch are very old. Not being able to find images Alphabetically does not make any sense to me. Please give me that option! I just talked with Nate from your Customer Service about this. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Jeff
I'm glad you like the multiple upload feature--that's a great time saver! There is no longer a sort option available like the old one v(files are shown in the order they are added to the account) but there is a detailed filter menu on the left. Use the Advanced options to narrow down your selection or search for a specific image!
Thanks for your feedback on this, Joanne! I am sorry to hear this isn't working for you but we appreciate the feedback. Have you tried out the filter on the left? The advanced options will allow you to narrow down what you're viewing on the right by lots of different settings--can you try this out?
Hi Julianne, Thanks for your feedback on this. You're right, there is no longer a wait to sort by date but the files are put into your library in the order they were added to the account. If you would like to find a specific image or document the filter options on the left are a great way to do so. Use the Advanced menu to pull just images or documents, filter by date or even show images that are horizontal only!

HI Jeff, Thanks for your feedback on this, this is very helpful. Images currently show in the order they were added to the account. Although you can sort by date or alphabetically anymore you do have detailed filter options on the left. You can use the search box or leave it empty but using the advanced options you can view only images/documents, by orientation or even by a specific date range.

no additional details or comments
Advisor
Thank you for your feedback! Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Occasional Visitor
It's too time consuming to scroll down page after page of images. The previous format allowed me to find them in a flash. If they were listed by alphabet versus date, that might help. But still seeing the whole thing is better.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Advisor

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I can certainly understand the importance of being able to sort in alphabetical order. As for being able to re-size the image, you will be able to do so by using the Image Editor when you click on the name of the image in the library. I hope this helps!

My_Library_Plus_-_Image_Editor.png

Frequent Visitor

Just want to add my vote to get back the ability to sort photos. I very much LOVE the ability to search photos, but I think I'd rather have the sort back if we have to choose between the two.

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. These are great suggestions. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Please add your vote to the top left to see this idea implemented.
This is very frustrating and it takes way too much time to sort through my existing images. Not having a stock gallery any more is annoying too.
Occasional Contributor
I WANT TO SORT MY IMAGES ALPHABETICALLY. WHY DID CONSTANT CONTACT REMOVE THIS USEFUL AND IMPORTANT FEATURE?!?!?!
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the annoyance that this is causing. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Hi, Since you made the changes you eliminated the sorting that allows you to sort through images in the library by A-Z, Z-A, Old-New and New-Old. I used to use those all the time and now I can't sort my images. It takes me much longer to find everything. Please bring those back. Thank you, DeborahGilbert E20Chronicles
All Star
We need to be able to sort the images A-Z or Z-A as well as oldest to newest and newest to oldest. Please fix this. Thank you.
Visitor
Just got off the phone with Gerald in Customer Support. Was told the ability to sort has been eliminated from new image library. After 4 years you have just eliminated my ability to publish a weekly Newsletter with this action. I am not going sort through 1,200 images to find the one I want. This was available to me almost instantly before. Why would you take such actions without testing it first? I have often felt like one of your beta test sites, and that's been okay, but this move finishes the use of Constant Contact for me unless you can reinstate the sorting process. Ron Brown Communications Director Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Club California
I can no longer sort my images. The option to sort A-Z, Z-A, Oldest to Newest, was removed. Yes, you gave me a search tool, but if I don't know the name of an image, I cannot find it without searching through hundreds of pictures. I pay extra for the privilege of storing pictures on your site, and you make it harder and more time consuming for me. I feel that your developers/programmers really do not use, or fully understand, the system that they are changing. If your people were going to correct these things, they would have been corrected by now. I am starting to believe problems are not being addressed because they don't want to admit their mistakes.

I can no longer sort my images. The option to sort A-Z, Z-A, oldest to newest was removed. Yes, you gave me a search tool, but if I don't know the name of an image, I cannot find it without searching through hundreds of pictures.

I pay extra for the privilege of storing pictures on your site, and you make it harder and more time consuming for me. 

I feel that your developers/programmers really do not use, or fully understand,  the system that they are changing.

If your people were going to correct these things, they would have been corrected by now. I am starting to believe problems are not being addressed because they don't want to admit their mistakes.

SuM
Occasional Visitor
It be great if you could access the photo library as we used alphabetically! I don't have to scroll through 500 random images. Very frustrating!!!
Advisor

I agree! I need to be able to sort new to old, or old to new! This is important to our workflow.

Visitor
In the past i was able to view all photos I'd used either alphabetically or by date used when creating and editing emails. Since I cannot sort photos now, it's very frustrating trying to find photos for newsletters. Please add these features back to the library feature.
Occasional Contributor
I need to sort my images either alphabetically or by the date I uploaded them. Neither is an option. Both used to be options. Your changes have made this site very user-UNfriendly. It is not appreciated. When something is not broken, please don't attempt to fix it!!!!!!
Occasional Advisor
image library no longer sortable A_Z or by date... so i have to sift through to find the images.
Visitor
It's making it a nightmare to look for images!
All Star
All Star
Why do you keep taking our sorting options away!!! Every new update is making more work. Please bring sorting back for images! DATE, A - Z etc. I have over 800 images and cannot keep scrolling!
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback! Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.

Occasional Visitor
Don't like your new library system. Before I could sort by old/new/alpha. Now it's all bundled together with my images + your stock images. Much too confusing. I'm on a hughes.net and it's not much better than dial up so it takes awhile to load all those jpgs.
Occasional Visitor

At first I hated your changes, but now after using the upload new files, I'm finding it faster EXCEPT for the results from the search feature. Once I search and fine the group (i.e. search for "beans") I have to scroll through the number of types of "beans" I have (i.e. green, fava, adzuki, pinto, etc.) and look for a picture. You should have these sorted alphabetically by default! Not newest as default, and certainly not by date.

Regular Visitor
There is no way to sort the images in the library. Before I sorted all the time both by alphabet and by order added, in order to locate image I wanted to use. I feel totally lost without the ability to at least sort by alphabet -- scrolling through almost 400 images each time is intimidating. Hope you all are able to remedy this and restore sorting! Many thanks, Cathy at mthermitage
Why can't we sort images in alpha order?