Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Faster way to crop image

I'm really upset that image editing has been made so difficult. I used to be able to crop an image from the library and use it over and over.  Now it's an 8 step process that I don't understand and it's done from the campaign.  So every time I want to use the image I have to go through the editing process all over.  This is ridiculous!  CC should go back to the old way!

7 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @SkyIslandChurch, thank you very much for this feedback! We had to quickly implement a new image editor as the editor we had been using and were so used to had been discontinued by Adobe. This new editor offers a lot of new and cool features, however, I am opening this idea up for voting as I understand how this editor takes a little more time to simply crop an image. If you have any further feedback on this editor, please feel free to share it with us by using the "Have Feedback?" button at the bottom of any webpage in your account. 

MurrayW6
Marketing Legend

I 100 percent agree. The new photo editor is terrible. It is literally unusable. First of all, for cropping, it has fewer standardized formats than the previous version. What happened to the useful formats like 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc.? But even if it had those formats, cropping is not saved. I have tried multiple times and different login sessions, and it just won't save images that have been cropped. Now I have to edit all my photos before uploading them, which takes much longer.

*** THIS IS AN EPIC FAIL. *** Please, Constant Contact, go back to the old photo editor, which was actually quite easy to use and actually worked. As far as I can tell, this "upgrade" simply created a different user interface with no real improvements. In fact, it has FEWER useful features than before. Form over function. It is utterly useless.

AndrewM3
Campaign Contributor

I'm in TOTAL agreement! Something that used to take me 30 seconds is now taking me up to an hour. There are no frames I can find. And everytime I make a change to an image, it distorts the ratio. Major fail. 

JohnG661
Rookie

Agree! I just posted this separately, but the new photo/image editor is slow, difficult to use, and often doesn't work properly. I notice this mainly when I try to crop an image. First of all, it will not crop unless I click "Save" and exit out of the image editor entirely. Secondly, often the images aspect ratio will warp to fit the crop. I must save, exit, re-open, and finagle with it a bit more to get it to crop properly. Or, just delete the image, re-upload, and try again. 

I am also disappointed that I can no longer re-size an image within a block unless I click change in the settings box of the image. In the past, I could drag the corners to resize the image within the block, which was much easier because I could see how it looked rather than having to guess the pixel size I want and then re-opening the settings box every time I need to adjust. 

AndreaC457
Constant Contact Partner

I'm trying to crop an image and can't save it to insert into my campaign. I click export and it just goes back to origianl size. You guys have got to fix this!!! Ridiculous and really frustrating!! 

AxisGallery
Rookie

Agree.  It's taken too long to figure out how to crop. This should be a no brainer!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to make changes to the image editor and it is not on our roadmap. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More