Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
HarryD
Campaign Contributor

If you don't increase the file size back up to 10mb I will have to look elsewhere to send out my newsletter.  That's really too bad because, generally speaking, I like Constant Contact.  I think it was a "cheap shot" to cut us in half like that with no warning.  Terriby inconvenient and takes a great deal more of my time now to prepare my newsletter.

I think you folks have made an awful lot of people unhappy and you need to change it back.  hd

hoomanl
Campaign Expert

I also want to ask that the file size limit be raised. Today's modern PDF newsletters are simply not this small, particularly if you are designing it to be read on a tablet.

christyn45
Rookie
This new look of constant contact is awful. It is not letting me upload any of my files. It keeps saying that my 8MB file is too big, even though I have used larger files in past. I am very disappointed because I am out of the country right now (away from my office) and trying to send an email out to my customers.... but cannot because of this. I am a very unhappy customer now.
FELTG
Brand Influencer
The very same Excel file I have been uploading for years is now suddenly Too Large -- I had to call tech support, save to new CSV and go through multiple steps. I don't see this as an improvement at all. Also, the help hints when the file was rejected -- to delete empty columns -- makes no sense in an Excel file using only one column listing emails. No way to remove extra fields. Uploading a column of 10,000ish addresses should be an accepted file size. Tech said this is "improvement" is to facilitate customers who need to find non-exact matches and pull up similar emails -- if we don't need this service we should be able to opt out.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: New
I am sorry to hear of this frustration. I saw in your account that support was able to help you import with the CSV file you mentioned. Thanks for your feedback on the updates!
LauraR1
Constant Contact Partner

We used to be able to upload one file for our newsletter that was just under 10MB. Now we have to split it up into smaller size documents which is not only inconvenient but looks unprofessional coming from an organization such as a Chamber of Commerce. We would all greatly like to see the 10MB file size restored!

SylviaC830
Rookie

I check my file size before uploading. I just tried to upload a 2.9mb file. Then an error will appear saying the file is over 5mb. How can we fix this?

ARC_N11
Rookie
Files error size received and it's tough to have to divide lists into subsets so that all contacts can be uploaded.
ErnestP7
Rookie
Limiting Excel files to 1 MB and text to 1.4 is silly, and new with this current redesign. It's 2013 for pity's sake and the best you can handle is a 1 MB EXCEL FILE?? Why the step BACKWARD?
BRBG2
Rookie
Trying to download a holiday flyer from my computer and it is discouraging that it wants me to re-size it! other programs are much more acceptable!
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More