cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Library Space Confusion

0 Votes

Library Space Confusion

I used to be able to have five .pdfs and five .jpgs. Now I'm allowed only five total for both types combined!! What happened?

476 Comments

Hi @CarrieO05 

Thanks for posting! I see you have four images and one document uploaded currently so you are out of space. With the basic library you have space for five files, images and documents included. If you would like to view images and documents at the same time it is best to click the Library tab of your account. To upload more you would need to remove a file, upgrade the account or use an external image host.

Hi @FranB7 

Thanks for posting. I took a look in your account and see that you have four files uploaded so you have room for one more. With the basic library you have space for a total of five files, this includes images and documents. 

Hi @susanc539 

I see you have five documents uploaded right now so your Library is full. With the basic library you can have a total of five files uploaded at once, this includes images and documents. You are welcome to remove some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more files. 

To see these documents you can click the Library tab of the account or click to insert a document into your email. You can also manage the uploaded files from these locations. 

Visitor
Limiting the amount of images in the Library to five files before requiring the purchase of Library Plus - at an additional fee, of course - is a great way to lose customers nickel and diming them to death. VERY POOR POLICY!
Regular Visitor
I'm supposed to have space for 5 images, I only see four, what gives....again!

Hi @GlenD1 

It looks like we've replied to you here and here previously! I'm sorry that you didn't see those replies before.

I see that right now you have four images and one document uploaded to your account so your Library is full. With the basic library you are allowed a total of five files to be uploaded at once, this includes images and documents. If you wanted to upload more you could byremoving some, upgrading the account or using and external image host! When you delete an image it will show in the trash but the files there do not count toward your active files.

Hi @TomZ769 

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I see you have space for one more file currently so please let me know if you are having trouble uploading. 

Occasional Visitor
greetings, I have had this problem several times. I delete pictures to make space for others and and they are not removed from my file count so currently I have just 2 pictures saved but when I try to ad new pictures it says that I am using 5 pictures. How can this be corrected?
Occasional Visitor
There seems to be a glitch. When I delete images to free up space, the image library tells me I have 2 images. But when I choose download, I receive a screen that tells me I'm out of space. Why aren't they talking to each other? Hmmmm.

Hi @JanaW38 

I took a look in your account and see that you have a full library with four images and one document uploaded. At this time the basic library allows for a total of five files to be in your library at once so you don't have room for more. If you would like to upload more you can do so by upgrading the account, removing one of the existing files or using an external image host.

A good way to see and manage all of your files at once is to click the Library tab of your account. 

Thanks!

Hi @ThomasD27 

I took a look at your account and see that you have five files uploaded at this time. They look to be all images so you should be able to see these five within the insert window of your email. With the basic library you are allowed a total of five files, images and documents. If you run out of space you are welcome to upgrade the account, delete some or use an external image host for more.

Visitor
I have only 2 pictures loaded in my "library" and it will not allow me to upload anymore photos because it is "out of space." This has been happening to me a lot. Can anyone help me? I'm about to switch e-mail marketing providers because I don't want to pay more for more space.

Hi  @TanyaJ 

I took a look in your account and see that you have three images and two documents uploaded at this time. With the basic library you are allowed a total of five files, images and documents together. If you wanted more space to upload you would need to remove at least one file or upgrade the account. You are also welcome to use an external host instead. 

To view all of your files at once click the Library tab of your account.

Thanks

Your program will not allow me to replace the 2 I took out. Why
Occasional Organizer
I only have 3 images in my Image library, yet when I try to upload another image CC will not allow it. I get the message "You are out of space. and Using 5 of your 5 files." I only have 3 images on the free storage. What is the problem here?
i am using 3/10 files. not 10

Any suggestions? My computer is new using the latest version of windows and Internet explorer but in constant contact keeps crashing

Occasional Visitor
Why is it saying my library is full? I thought we could use up to 5 images and I have only used 4? What has happened?
Occasional Visitor
hi there, I've deleted images and it still tells me I have no space? I'm confused about how the uploading library works and there is no clear information and steps to follow. Please help.

Hi @KatherineT22 

I took a look in your account and see that you have four images and one document uploaded right now so your library is full. With the basic library you are allowed a total of five files to be uploaded at once. This includes images and documents. You are welcome to remove some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more.

Thanks!

HI @JayH5 

Thanks for posting about this. I see you were able to talk to someone in support as well and they helped you see that you have a full library with images and documents uploaded.

Thanks!

Hi @PinkeyS 

I took a look in your account and see that you have five images uploaded right now. You would need to remove at least one in order to upload more. 

Hi @AmyL72 

I see you have six images and four documents uploaded so your Library is full. With your version of the Library you can have ten files uploaded. In order to upload more you will want to delete some or upgrade the account. 

Hi @AshleyW731 

I see that right now you have five images uploaded. With the basic library you can have a total of five files uploaded at once, image and documents. You are welcome to delete some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more files if you would like. 

A good way to see all files at once is to click the Library tab of your account. Here you can view your images and delete them if needed.

Just a heads up, when you delete an image the file will show as a delete image in the email you sent out but will show fine for your recipients. 

Occasional Contributor
There was a time when your image gallery indicated if an image was used in an email. Do you still have this feature? If so, where can I find it?
Visitor
Deleting image function is not working correctly.
I was attempting to upload a new file to my Library and it says, "You are out of space . . . " and asks me to upgrade now, then at the bottom it says I am using 5 of 5 files. The issue is there are only two files in my image library. So if they are supposed to allow five images why can I only use two and it says I am using five.
Honored Contributor

Hi @BermudaBDA 

Thanks for your question! We do stil have this functionality. You want to go to the Library tab > click on one of your image files to open it. You'll notice in the overlay that it does tell you how many emails the image is used in. This is also a clickable link that will show you which emails.

Used in Email.png

Hope that helps!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I see it!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome! Happy to help!

Occasional Visitor
Your site keeps telling me that I have 5 files uploaded and am out of space. I have only 3 photos uploaded so have space for 2 more. Please correct this.
Visitor
I have no documents uploaded. Why is it asaying my library is full?

Hi @PieterL 

I see that you currently have three images and two documents uploaded so your Library is full. You are welcome to remove some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more. A good way to see both images and documents at once is to click to visit the Library tab of your account.

Just a note, with the basic library you can have a total of five files uploaded at once.

Hi @BeckyR114 

Thanks for posting! I took a look at your account and noticed that you have three documents and two images uploaded to your Library. With the basic library you can only have five files uploaded at once. You are welcome to remove some, upgrade the account or use an external image host. 

A good way to see all of these files at once is to click the Library tab of your account.

Thank!

Hi @AudreyC73146 

I took a look at your Library and see that you have four folders uploaded so you can upload one more file. Can you give it a shot and let me know if you are still having trouble?

Just a reminder, you can only have five files total uploaded at once, this includes images and documents.

Thanks!

HI @AprilD23 

Thanks for posting. I do see that you have five images uploaded at this time. With the basic library you have space for five files at once, this includes images and documents.

You are welcome to upgrade the account, use an external image host, or delete some existing files to upload more!

Occasional Visitor
It is saying I have 5 images when I only have 2. Can you rectify this asap please!!

Hi @PaulV350 

I saw your email to support so I will reply to you there as well. You have five files uploaded currently. It looks like two images and three PDF files so your library is out of space. With the basic library you have room for a total of five files, this includes images and documents. If you need to upload more you are welcome to do so by upgrading the account, removing some of the files or using an external image host. 

A good way to see all of these files at once is to click the LIbrary tab of your account directly. Here you can see and manage both image and PDF files. If you are inserting an image into your Library you will only see the images and if you are inserting a document link you would only see the PDF files.

Hope this helps!

It is saying I need to upgrade because I have used 5/5 of my pictures but I only have used two...
Deleted issues that really don't delete is an ongoing issue that delays my emails from going out. I am showing 2 images and yet the message says I am out of space. Please help.

Hi @CarolO32 

I took a look at your account and see that your Library is full with five images uploaded at this time. You are welcome to delete some to make room for more. They will show in your trash but won't count toward your active files. 

Hi @AmandaB87 

I took a look at your account and see that you have three images and two documents uploaded so your Library is full. You are welcome to delete some, upgrade the account or use an external host for more. Just a reminder, the basic library allows for five files total. This includes images and documents.

A good way to see and manage all of the files at once is to click the Library tab of your account. 

Do not have 5 images showing or in file, yet it shows full when I try to upload.

Hi @KnoxvilleJewishAlliance 

I looked at your library and see that you have four images and one document uploaded so your LIbrary is full. You are welcome to delete some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more. With the basic library you can have a total of five files, images and documents combined. If you want to view all of these files at once you can click the Library tab on your account. You can also manage from here!

Regular Visitor

please look into this. **Removed By Moderator** thank you.

Hi @PeterS730 

I took a look in your account and see that you have four images and one document uploaded at this time. With the basic library you can have a total of five files at once, images and documents so your Library is full. A good way to see all of your files at once is to click the LIbrary tab of your account and manage from here. You can remove files, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more.

Occasional Visitor
I've got 4 images on file and being told I'm out of room. Why?
Visitor
Even if I delete old pictures, it always says I am out of space. I should have space for 5 pictures, yet I only have two and it tells me I am out of space right now.
Occasional Visitor
can't upload anymore. I'm really frustrated. I'm going back to Mailchimp if this isn't fixed. the girl who helped me last time didn't help. Hi AshleyW731, Hannah_M (Moderator) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below: Re: no space Hi @AshleyW731 I see that right now you have five images uploaded. With the basic library you can have a total of five files uploaded at once, image and documents. You are welcome to delete some, upgrade the account or use an external image host for more files if you would like. A good way to see all files at once is to click the Library tab of your account. Here you can view your images and delete them if needed. Just a heads up, when you delete an image the file will show as a delete image in the email you sent out but will show fine for your recipients.

Hi @AshleyW731 

I am sorry this wasn't helpful. I took a look this morning and it looks like you now have 14 files uploaded but since you have the basic library you are only able to see 5 of them. Please click the Library tab of your accoiunt and delete at least ten images. You will then be left with 4 and be able to upload one more. 

If you are still getting an error after deleting at least ten images please let us know.

Thanks!