Deleting or editing image in library brings user back to top of page/page 1

It's frustrating when I try to organize things in my library and I've scrolled down pretty far into it, made one change, and it takes me back to the top again. I wish there was an easier way to work into the library! Thanks for considering!

12 Comments
ASC2002
Campaign Contributor
Frustrated! I am doing a major cleanup of our photos. I'm 6 pages in to the 1600 photos, and every time I edit a photo, I am returned to page 1. The system SHOULD stay on the page that I'm working on. Please advise if there is another way to work with photos that is more efficient. Thanks, Holly
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @ASC2002. I am not able to replicate this issue. The library does not use pagination and when I went in to edit one of my own photos that was further down the page, I was left off at the same place and did not need to scroll to get back to where I was working. Were you working in the Library tab? Also if you could get a screen recording of what's happening, this would be helpful for us. 

ASC2002
Campaign Contributor

Hi Caitlin,

I kept at my cleanup project and learned NOT to use the FOLDER icon when I want to assign a photo to a folder. To retain my place, I now know to use the EDIT icon, instead. There I can do as little or as much with the image as I want - it just wasn't apparent when I first started working in the Library.

See what happens when you use the Folder icon just to add an image to a folder. I hope Constant Contact will either remove the Folder icon, or update it to function as the EDIT icon does (returning to listing of last image worked on).

Thanks for getting back to me.

Holly Zemke, Waterworks Visual Arts Center

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @ASC2002 thanks for following up with these details! We have opened you idea up vote to so other users can weigh in as well.

OakChamber
Constant Contact Partner
Hello, I am working on organizing our library and it would be helpful if once I added an image to a folder, it wouldn't take me back to the first x number of images/docs. Every time I move something to a folder it goes back to the first several listings and I have to click "Show more" until I get back to where I was.
Frankie_P

Hi @Doylestown_UMC  thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Being able to be brought to the last place you left off after deleting images from your library is a great feature request. We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

ALC_Volunteer
Campaign Expert

I just searched for an answer to the same problem. I'm going to try ASC2002's advice to use the edit instead of the folder icon. It's tedious to try to organize an image library. I tried selecting several at once but as soon as I clicked the folder button, it deselected the folder checkbox on that photo.

SarahH7450
Rookie
I'm trying to organize my images in Library, when I click on Show More, choose the image to file, it goes back to the beginning. I'd like to be able to have it show where I left off.
Frankie_P

Hi @SarahH7450 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have tracked your request with the appropriate teams and opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

YVCF
Rookie
I'm trying to go through our image library to put images in folders or delete but after each time I select images and take action (move to folder), the page goes back to the 1st page of images and I have to click "Show More" MANY times to get back down to where I was. It's extremely NOT user friendly. Can you program it to show Pages of images so I can return more easily to the place in the library where I was? Pages 1...2...3...4... More
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More