Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More Frame Options in the Image Editor

Hate them! Also, hate the black background as I can't see anything.

13 Comments
Tikvat_Israel_Congregation
Campaign Expert

The supplied photo frames--both the Original and the Bohemia--are mostly unattractive and useless. The one simple frame, Borde, is much too heavy--it works for a funeral notice but not much else--and it cuts into the photo. Why doesn't Constant Contact come up with a nice fine line frame that is just heavy enough to distinguish a photo from the background?

Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for the feedback-- I'm opening this for voting

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @RobinL361, sorry to hear you're experience with the new editor hasn't been great. Are there any specific parts of the editor that you are having issues with other than the dark color theme to it? 

RobinL361
Campaign Contributor

I called and spoke with a  CC tech support person.  She could readily see the problem.  It wasn't possible to make a frame around an image that didn't exclude part of the image.  Additionally, an interior "frame" was created instead of a simple black border.  The black border (around the unwanted interior "frame") could not be seen against the black background.  I haven't tried the other image editing features.  The CC tech support person suggested I use another picture editing device before copying into my CC library.  This is certainly a step backwards in the software.  

PaulS2859
Campaign Contributor

Why did you change the photo editing system for photos in the Library. You no longer can edit the size of a photo like before. Nothing of the old system should have been changed until the new one had bugs removed. The rep I talked with this afternoon said it is being worked on. Not the kind of service I have come to expect from you guys from a usually happy customer.

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @PaulS2859, thanks for your feedback! We used a third party service (Aviary) to allow users to edit their images and this service was unexpectedly discontinued and while we tried to extend our usage of it, the discontinuation of supporting this editor was deemed permanent by that third party. Due to this, we were able to quickly implement a newer image editor that offers a lot of really cool features. We are aware of a few issues with this editor and we're working to resolve them as soon as possible. As far as being unable to resize a photo like before, what feature are you no longer seeing in this photo editor? It currently allows users to crop their images with present dimensions as well as custom dimensions with a drag and drop feature. 

Rhoda03
Rookie

I don't think I've ever really complained before in the 5-6 years I've been using CC, but I really am NOT PLEASED with the new editing tool. Some of the effects are very cool, but it's not pleasant to use them. First of all it opens to black on the left, which fades as you move the cursor up and down. Too dark and gloomy! If your graphic is light, you can't even read the writing on top of it with the names of the special effects! As people who do PR, you ought to know that writing is no good if you can't even read it. Against a dark background, it's also hard to see a black frame for instance. It's just not friendly to use! I do like some of the special effects and being able to adjust, for instance, the width of the frame. I see color choices for some things, but haven't figured out if there is a way to make frames other colors than black. The wood frame is cool and I like the multi as well. What does Brush do? So far I haven't figured that out either. It's a good start, but I expected more, since it was out for order for days! Back to the drawing board, please, and make it more attractive, easier to read and more pleasant to use. Usually I'm VERY complimentary of CC- just not this time! Thanks! Rhoda London Temple Sisterhood

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @Rhoda03, thanks for your feedback! We used a third party service to allow users to edit their images and this service was unexpectedly discontinued and while we tried to extend our usage of it, the discontinuation of supporting this editor was deemed permanent by that third party. Due to this, we were able to quickly implement a newer image editor that offers a lot of really cool features. This image editor was created by img.ly, a third party company, and is the editor we also use in the mobile app for Constant Contact. While we have some control over the image editor, the overall functionality and look and feel is something that we don't have direct control of. I am collecting all of the feedback that we get and providing it to the appropriate teams. Would having an option to toggle a "light theme" be useful? This would ultimately make the editor much less dark and more of a white background, black text interface. 

In regards to the brushes, these allow you to draw and paint onto the image that you are editing. Some users like to draw frames around images to give them a creative look. They can also be used to quickly "erase" part of the image by covering it up. 

CNSadmin
Campaign Contributor

Yes, please!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More