cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

New Uploader - Pictures distorted on upload

0 Votes

New Uploader - Pictures distorted on upload

My images are uploading distorted and I have to manually go in and enter the correct sizes.

30 Comments
Visitor
When I now upload a photo from MY files to FB the image is distorted and requires a good deal of alteration.
CTCT Employee

KristaP,

I am very sorry this is happening to you.  When you say "from MY files to FB", do you mean that you are having trouble loading images into your facebook account from your computer?  Or are you trying to upload an image to Facebook that is in your Image Library at Constant Contact?

If you are having trouble with getting a picture uploaded to Facebook from your computer, that I cannot help you much with since we don't support Facebook as it is not a Constant Contact product.  However, you should be able to use Facebook's help files to discover a solution.

If you are trying to upload an image from your Image Library in your account with us to Facebook, there is not a way to do this directly from the Image Library unless you are using one of the sign up apps or Social Campaigns.  You would first need to capture the image from your Library in order to save it to your computer and then you can upload it to your Facebook like any other image on your computer.  To capture an image, simply take a screen shot of it when you have it open and then crop the image.  Click here for instructions on how to do this.

If I have completely misunderstood, or if you have additional questions, please reply with more details as to what exactly you are trying to do, any error messages you are receiving, and what is happening exactly that you are seeing about the distorted images requiring a good deal of alteration.  Remember, more information is always better than too little so please overwhelm me. :smileyhappy:

If you have any additional questions, or if you just need some help, please feel free to respond to this message with the details, or call our Support Team directly at (866) 289-2101. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Regular Visitor

The new uploading system on Constant Constant is rubbish. Can I please havethe original back. This one seems to distort images when you uplaod them. It is to put it mildly a right pain in the arse and if itdoesn't change I will change to another system.

For them to appear normal you have to click edit, and then save (not actually changing anything!) and this seems to work, but the process of clicking on the 'edit button' can also take ages and mostly just freezes halfway through the process.

Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. What internet browser were you working in when you were experiencing this? Also, were you trying to upload your image from the "Insert Image" window while working on an email or were you uploading using the Upload to Library option within the Library tab? With more information, I can certainly look into what may be causing this.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. What internet browser and version were you working in when you were experiencing this? Also, were you trying to upload your image from the "Insert Image" window while working on an email or were you uploading using the Upload to Library option within the Library tab? With more information, I can certainly look into what may be causing this.
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

When you load a new picture and insert it the formatting is all messed up!! The pictures don't have the proper dimensions/proportions or whatever. It looks terrible. I tried numerous times. It's not working, and, obviously, I'm frustrated. Guess I'll just have to not put a picture in the email?!? Going to research other ways to create and send out my emails, because this is not working anymore.

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee
Thank you for reporting this issue. We have seen a few reports of this. Until we are able to get this fixed, you should be able to upload the image from the Library tab without it stretching.
I tried fixing contrast on a photo and everytime I saved the photo edits didn't "take" and the photo looked the same in the newsletter I was working on. Additionally, everytime I try to adjust the size of an image I'm inputting the size tool messes up the propotions - a lot. (Example: something that is 250WX150H image when trying to shrink it would pop up in the resizing tool as 300WX300H completely messing up the image.)
All Star
This new image library is not working correctly when I upload photos from my computer. It distorts them and doesn't hold true to the image's dimensions, so I'm having to re-size each one to get it to look proportional.

Occasional Visitor
Hi - I'd love some advice to fix this as I need to complete an email with many images, to send out very soon. Should I use Firefox instead of Safari? I never had this problem before.
All Star
Something in the new image library process is automatically resizing my images and making them fuzzy. I want to set these settings in Photoshop and have them retain their original look once uploaded. I am having to go into your image editor and sharpen once uploaded, which isn't always pretty either.
All Star
When I upload an image from my computer, the sizing seems to get messed up. An image that was 528x248 was squeezed into a 109x100, square box for some reason

All Star
When I upload any image, it appears stretched or distorted. But when I click on edit image, and then save (without doing anything to the image) it changes it back to the original file.
CTCT Employee
Hello, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. What browser are you using to upload your image? Are you uploading from within the email editor or on the Library tab? We are aware of a similar issue with uploading images within the Email Editor Insert Image overlay window using Safari and Internet Explorer 9. Our engineers are working to resolve it, but at this point I don't have any estimated timeframe for a resolution. We will update this topic once we have verified the issue has been fixed!
Occasional Contributor

I just uploaded a product picture I did not already have in my library but when I did this you distorted my image, making it look very wide.

Then I tried to edit it, to make it have its natural proportions height to width, but could only make it larger or smaller.

Next, I tried to upload another smaller picture of the product, but the same thing happened again.

It is after midnight, and I swear, almost every week when I come in on Thursday nights to do my newsletter, there is another change that requires extra time and effort on my part to use my newsletter capabilities.

I am angry and frustrated again.  PLEASE quit changing things that work just fine.  Every time you change anything, we have to try to figure out what is going on. I just hate it.

Occasional Visitor
HELP!!!!!!! look at from your side . I have a disturbed picture file in my folders, I click on by mistake when adding a new photo to CContact and now when I go add another picture it LOCKS
All Star

I don't know why - but ever since you've started using the new upload Library, EVERY single one of my uploaded images gets distorted. I have to manually tweak each and every one's dimensions to make it look normal again. Why is it messing with the dimensions??? I've been using Constant Contact for nearly 5 years now - uploading images every week - and I've never had this problem until the New Library changes came into effect.

Yuck.

Visitor

I too am have images distorted when uploading. I am using Safari and have tried everything I can think of to avoid this: dragging and dropping as well as uploading directly from my desktop; clicking on the "unlock" dimensions before and after uploading; resizing the original image, and so on. In every instance, the image proportions are distorted. Please fix...

Visitor
the photos are distored on upload; you can't make smaller while in edit, they jump around and usually get bigger; I have to upload more than once for many photos because of an error.

This idea has been implemented. If you have more feedback on this idea please start a new thread.

New Idea.jpg

Status changed to: Closed - Implemented