cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Uploader - Pictures distorted on upload

0 Votes

New Uploader - Pictures distorted on upload

My images are uploading distorted and I have to manually go in and enter the correct sizes.

30 Comments
Visitor
When I now upload a photo from MY files to FB the image is distorted and requires a good deal of alteration.
CTCT Employee

KristaP,

I am very sorry this is happening to you.  When you say "from MY files to FB", do you mean that you are having trouble loading images into your facebook account from your computer?  Or are you trying to upload an image to Facebook that is in your Image Library at Constant Contact?

If you are having trouble with getting a picture uploaded to Facebook from your computer, that I cannot help you much with since we don't support Facebook as it is not a Constant Contact product.  However, you should be able to use Facebook's help files to discover a solution.

If you are trying to upload an image from your Image Library in your account with us to Facebook, there is not a way to do this directly from the Image Library unless you are using one of the sign up apps or Social Campaigns.  You would first need to capture the image from your Library in order to save it to your computer and then you can upload it to your Facebook like any other image on your computer.  To capture an image, simply take a screen shot of it when you have it open and then crop the image.  Click here for instructions on how to do this.

If I have completely misunderstood, or if you have additional questions, please reply with more details as to what exactly you are trying to do, any error messages you are receiving, and what is happening exactly that you are seeing about the distorted images requiring a good deal of alteration.  Remember, more information is always better than too little so please overwhelm me. :smileyhappy:

If you have any additional questions, or if you just need some help, please feel free to respond to this message with the details, or call our Support Team directly at (866) 289-2101. Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7am-11pm ET, Friday 7am-9pm ET,  Saturday & Sunday 10am-8pm ET.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Regular Visitor

The new uploading system on Constant Constant is rubbish. Can I please havethe original back. This one seems to distort images when you uplaod them. It is to put it mildly a right pain in the arse and if itdoesn't change I will change to another system.

For them to appear normal you have to click edit, and then save (not actually changing anything!) and this seems to work, but the process of clicking on the 'edit button' can also take ages and mostly just freezes halfway through the process.

Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. What internet browser were you working in when you were experiencing this? Also, were you trying to upload your image from the "Insert Image" window while working on an email or were you uploading using the Upload to Library option within the Library tab? With more information, I can certainly look into what may be causing this.
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. What internet browser and version were you working in when you were experiencing this? Also, were you trying to upload your image from the "Insert Image" window while working on an email or were you uploading using the Upload to Library option within the Library tab? With more information, I can certainly look into what may be causing this.
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

When you load a new picture and insert it the formatting is all messed up!! The pictures don't have the proper dimensions/proportions or whatever. It looks terrible. I tried numerous times. It's not working, and, obviously, I'm frustrated. Guess I'll just have to not put a picture in the email?!? Going to research other ways to create and send out my emails, because this is not working anymore.

CTCT Employee