See which folder images are in

If I need to use the library to put images in folders, please make it clear which folder it's currently in

46 Comments
Regular Participant
When I pull up the list of "All images," it would be terrific if the list showed what folder the image was in and where it was used. This would help enormously in keeping my images organized and helping me find things.
Employee
Status changed to: New
Thanks so much for this feedback CarolynC479! We value your opinion and want to give you the features and tools you want. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!

This is a nightmare for me as well. And how can I tell if an image has NOT been used in an email without clicking in and out of each one? I have LOTS of images, all neatly organized in folders. Except there is no way to tell what folder they are in when in "all iamges" view. So good luck to me on organizing things.

Please PLEASE give us the ability to tell what folder an image is in, AND if it is not in any folder.

YES please implement this imediately. This would help a LOT. It should not be that hard to do.

HI WeSellPlants 

Thanks for posting. You can see what folder an image is in if you click into the image details but I can understand how it would be helpful to see this information in other places. 

1) It would be great if when in the "All" list, a column or tag shows which folder the email/image is tied to.

2) It would be nice if there was an automatic folder that lists all the emails/images not tied to a folder. I would make it easier to file the emails/images.

Occasional Participant
I want to move uncategorized images into folders. If I view all images, it would be nice to have the folders they are already in indicated on the chart. I have no way of knowing which images are already in a folder, or if they are in the correct one. So I have to go through the list and check each one for the folder I want them in, but they could already be in that folder. Then I have to repeat it for each folder. Ugh!

Thanks for posting this feedback, I understand how this can be a frustrating process!

Regular Participant

I totally agree -- and I think there are enough entries and comments for CC to understand it is a bad idea.

Bring back the Uncategorized folder!!

PS: this applies also to the emails.

Participant
Should be able to see what folder an image is in when viewing All Images. Also, should be able to tell if the image has not been assigned a folder yet.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Participant

I completely agree - it seems to me that this is fundamental requirement for any folder-based management system and I cannot understand why it was not there from the start of the 'new' system.  The principle also applies to 'Email Lists' in 'Contacts'.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More