cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

See which folder images are in

See which folder images are in

If I need to use the library to put images in folders, please make it clear which folder it's currently in

45 Comments
makes it hard to find items that were not otherwise catergorized. Heads up would have been appreciated.
Status changed to: New
Hi Cheryl, I am sorry to hear this isn't working for you. The feedback is helping to develop future updates so can you share some ideas on how you would like to categorize your images? Have you tried out the folder feature on the left to organize?
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Occasional Visitor

Seriously. The combined library is the worst. I use CC for four different clients (four different paid accounts) and this updated library is a huge time waster now.  If you expect us to separate our files into folders, why didn't you leave it the old way when it was automatically separated.  Now I have to wade through all the stock banners, etc. to get to my own images/photography.  It's making me seriously consider jumping ship to MailChimp. 

Established Member

I sought help with this in the library forum, only the learn that the feature has been removed.  

I have several folders that I use to organize my library.  I wanted to find out where I can see the images that I haven't filed, but learned that it isn't possible.

Why not?  It's very helpful to be able to see the images that are not in a folder ... so I can put them in a folder.  With multiple previous users over several years, our library is not consistently organized.  It's impractical to have to look through every single image to maybe, possibly, hopefully find the one that isn't in a folder.

Can Constant Contact please bring that helpful feature back?  Just like I can see my emails that have not been organized into a folder, I'd like to see my unfiled images.

Thank you.

It would be helpful to have an unfiled folder to help organize past images that were under the old system and therefore not able to belong to a folder. Currently under the library tab you have the option for All, Recently Added, My Computer and Trash. I would add Unfiled to that list. Just like you have that option for Emails. Otherwise I have to keep scrolling to find them and individually select them to file them. Thank you!

All Star

I'm trying to organize my images in to folders but I can't tell which ones are already in a folder or not. An "unfiled" grouping would be very helpful.

Visitor
- For the initial organization I need to have a folder that will remove images so that I can tell what I have filed and what still needs to be filed. - Need a de-select all button because if you have a lot of images it's hard to find what is still selected. - It would be great if when I hover over an image it tells me what folder it is in. - Also would be great if it gave me a suggested time frame to keep an image if I only needed it for one email. Is it best practices to delete after 6months, 1 year? You tell me.

Occasional Advisor
It would be wonderful when looking at all images to be able to see which folder they are in. I'm trying to reorganize my library, and without that ability, it's very difficult!

Thanks for this feedback!

Frequent Visitor
Why isn't there a place to see only unfiled photos (or unfiled emails, for that matter)? I don't know what's in a folder and what's not unless I switch back and forth between what's in the folder and images I'm looking for. It's very clumsy.

Thanks for this feedback., Sheryl. All of the images will show in the "All" folder but there is not currently an unfiled folder. 

Occasional Contributor
When I pull up the list of "All images," it would be terrific if the list showed what folder the image was in and where it was used. This would help enormously in keeping my images organized and helping me find things.
CTCT Employee
Thanks so much for this feedback CarolynC479! We value your opinion and want to give you the features and tools you want. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!
Occasional Contributor

This is a nightmare for me as well. And how can I tell if an image has NOT been used in an email without clicking in and out of each one? I have LOTS of images, all neatly organized in folders. Except there is no way to tell what folder they are in when in "all iamges" view. So good luck to me on organizing things.

Occasional Contributor

Please PLEASE give us the ability to tell what folder an image is in, AND if it is not in any folder.

Occasional Contributor

YES please implement this imediately. This would help a LOT. It should not be that hard to do.

HI WeSellPlants 

Thanks for posting. You can see what folder an image is in if you click into the image details but I can understand how it would be helpful to see this information in other places. 

Occasional Contributor

1) It would be great if when in the "All" list, a column or tag shows which folder the email/image is tied to.

2) It would be nice if there was an automatic folder that lists all the emails/images not tied to a folder. I would make it easier to file the emails/images.

All Star
I want to move uncategorized images into folders. If I view all images, it would be nice to have the folders they are already in indicated on the chart. I have no way of knowing which images are already in a folder, or if they are in the correct one. So I have to go through the list and check each one for the folder I want them in, but they could already be in that folder. Then I have to repeat it for each folder. Ugh!

Thanks for posting this feedback, I understand how this can be a frustrating process!

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree -- and I think there are enough entries and comments for CC to understand it is a bad idea.

Bring back the Uncategorized folder!!

PS: this applies also to the emails.

Visitor
Should be able to see what folder an image is in when viewing All Images. Also, should be able to tell if the image has not been assigned a folder yet.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Visitor

I completely agree - it seems to me that this is fundamental requirement for any folder-based management system and I cannot understand why it was not there from the start of the 'new' system.  The principle also applies to 'Email Lists' in 'Contacts'.

Regular Visitor
I like the way the emails show the folder. With the library it's hard to see what's been moved and what hasn't! VERY FRUSTRATING!
Regular Visitor

super frustrating. CTCT - Please change it!!

Thanks for sharing this feedback! If you click into the image details you will be able to see what folder the image is part of but you wouldn't see this information in any list view. 

I am trying to organize my images. There is no way to see just the images that have not been organized already. It would be great if the images could be tagged in the same way that contacts are tagged; I could see immediately the folder or folders that they are in.
Frequent Visitor
It would be helpful to have a column showing which folder each picture is stored in. At present I have to select 'edit' to see where it is stored, or even if it is in fact in any folder. If I could see clearly which pictures had not yet been put in an appropriate folder, this would help me organise my library better. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here it is, almost eight months after the most recent comment, and there still is no way to see *just* the images that haven't been put in a folder.  Nor is there a way to see what folder an image is in. Come on, CC, it's a database.  If you can get the image size to display, you can get the folder, or lack thereof, to display. The info is there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And why is there NOT an "unfiled" folder??  So many people want it. It shouldn't be that hard to do. (I'm a software developer/web designer/database admin, so I know whereof I speak.)

Occasional Contributor

I agree with this idea - we have just migrated to the new user interface with the selection boxes on the left of the screen.

I seem to remember that, in the original version of the GUI, when I hovered over the folder icon it would show if an image/picture was in a folder - Maybe I am mistaken on this.

But today there is no way to know if an image is in a folder - 

Could this piece of imformation be added to the information displayed when I view all pictures?  The picture dimanesion in pixels is provided and the size in kbytes - these two pieces of info are ... to my mind .... relatively unimportant.  In the display I want to know what the name is and where it is stored/folders the image is in.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
I can't tell which files have been filed. Please give us back the unfiled folder.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Anonymous
Not applicable

And show us if it has been used in an email - and/or the last-used-in-an-email date.  I mean, if we used it in 2012 and those emails are going to be nuked for us anyway, we don't need the email.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Solution Provider

Observation / suggestion:

In the graphics library when we assign graphics to a folder it would be extremely helpful to have the option to no longer see them in the general listing. If you are seeking something not already in a folder it requires massive scrolling and waiting for the "LOAD MORE" button to do so.

THX -

JoeO.

Occasional Visitor
I need to see which folders my images are in when I am looking at a list of my images. Try managing 100's of images without being able to see which folder there in without having to go to a specific folder. Really disappointed in the lack of this basic feature.