cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See which folder images are in

See which folder images are in

If I need to use the library to put images in folders, please make it clear which folder it's currently in

44 Comments
Regular Visitor
I like the way the emails show the folder. With the library it's hard to see what's been moved and what hasn't! VERY FRUSTRATING!
Regular Visitor

super frustrating. CTCT - Please change it!!

Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing this feedback! If you click into the image details you will be able to see what folder the image is part of but you wouldn't see this information in any list view. 

I am trying to organize my images. There is no way to see just the images that have not been organized already. It would be great if the images could be tagged in the same way that contacts are tagged; I could see immediately the folder or folders that they are in.
Frequent Visitor
It would be helpful to have a column showing which folder each picture is stored in. At present I have to select 'edit' to see where it is stored, or even if it is in fact in any folder. If I could see clearly which pictures had not yet been put in an appropriate folder, this would help me organise my library better. Thank you.
Advisor

Here it is, almost eight months after the most recent comment, and there still is no way to see *just* the images that haven't been put in a folder.  Nor is there a way to see what folder an image is in. Come on, CC, it's a database.  If you can get the image size to display, you can get the folder, or lack thereof, to display. The info is there.

Advisor

And why is there NOT an "unfiled" folder??  So many people want it. It shouldn't be that hard to do. (I'm a software developer/web designer/database admin, so I know whereof I speak.)

Occasional Contributor

I agree with this idea - we have just migrated to the new user interface with the selection boxes on the left of the screen.

I seem to remember that, in the original version of the GUI, when I hovered over the folder icon it would show if an image/picture was in a folder - Maybe I am mistaken on this.

But today there is no way to know if an image is in a folder - 

Could this piece of imformation be added to the information displayed when I view all pictures?  The picture dimanesion in pixels is provided and the size in kbytes - these two pieces of info are ... to my mind .... relatively unimportant.  In the display I want to know what the name is and where it is stored/folders the image is in.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
I can't tell which files have been filed. Please give us back the unfiled folder.