cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Separate Stock images and My Images

Separate Stock images and My Images

I noticed this morning that stock images are now included with my list of web images. Please do not combine my images with stock images. I do not like this change.

26 Comments

The new myLibrary Plus is onerous and time consuming to use.  I just love Constant Contact for it's great service, advice, easy to use functions, etc.  The only thing I don't like is the new library.  It's terrible.  You can't access your folders easily - we have many images and documents and now when you want one you need to scroll through hundreds of items.  I wish you would switch back.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for this feedback. Please vote for this idea if you want to keep stock images out of your library.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback. Please vote for this idea if you would like to have separate document and image libraries brought back.
Occasional Visitor
Not liking that what I had already set up in folders for my photos has changed. Now they are all bundled together and it takes me time to search for those particular photos as I work on emails etc. I liked have my photos and documents in separate folders. Will there be a possibility of better sorting and filing of my photos separate from my document folders? It would be helpful.
All Star
MUCH easier to find certain documents when you don't have to scroll through all the images (we have around 300) to find the document.
Occasional Contributor

Add that many of the pictures coming up in "My Library" are CC stock images I have used in the past, not mine but a search will find the image I previsously uploaded. Terrible waste of time.

Occasional Visitor

I hate that I have to scroll through all the stock images to find my images previously used.  I have hundreds that I've uploaded and since we're a retailer, my images are necessary.  This is a HUGE time waster.  Please separate the libraries again!!!

Turn the library back to the older version so that when I upload a file it goes to the folder I would like it organized in within either the image library or the document library. I don't like this new layout because the images all just go into the main folder and then I have to go organize them later.
Regular Visitor

I am not thrilled that you are now grouping all of the images together.  I reuse quite a few images and now it is that much harder.  Previously I could at least sort them by alpha or date of import.  It doesn't appear that I can do that anymore.  You talk about "managing" the library but in your info offered I don't see anything referring to a help session on how to learn to manage it with the new layout.  

All Star
It is more difficult to find things. We have more than one person in the office that uses this account and it makes it harder to decipher where items are. It appears to have combined almost everything. I liked the separation if images and documents as it was previously.
Occasional Visitor
I am not at all pleased with the changes made to the library where documents and images are all displayed/listed together.
What on earth makes you think that combining documents that have uploaded with images that have been uploaded makes sense? i'm searching through twice as many files now.
Occasional Visitor
Also, if they are going to be in the same folder, make them all show up when you are going to upload an image while creating an email. I had to call customer support to figure out why all my images were being used up because nothing was showing up on my end in the image library.
Occasional Visitor
I can't upload a new picture, and the pdf files and the jpg files are now combined. By now deleting the pdf files, I still can't download a new photo. Very awkward and trying, and a change without any warning when I thought it would be so simple to edit and send out a new e-mail blast. Well, you've taken the Simple out ot it.
Occasional Contributor
The move from separate document and image libraries to a combined library is so non-intuitive and ineffective. It takes a tremendous amount of time to look for items, especially if one doesn't remember the exact title of either. This "new and improved" system is for the birds.
I prefer documents and photos in separate files.
Occasional Visitor
1) It makes no sense to have clumped pictures and documents together 2) There does not seem to be a way to edit the folders 3) Creating a new folder requires a refresh or leaving the page & coming back in order for the folder to be available from the drop down list when moving an object This is just the start. I have work I need to get to! But please put the old library back!
Regular Visitor
I hate that we no longer have folders to hold our applications and they are lumped in with the photos. This is not an improvement.
Regular Visitor

Jodi is not talking about images but documents - applications.  A whole different world.  You have taken the folders off these applications and dumped them in to images as pdfs which they are NOT IMAGES.  Hate the new update.

Frequent Visitor
Overly complicated and does not do what you'd logically expect it to do. Highlight all of the files on right, select folder on left and it uploads them to the general folder, not the one selected. Then need to reselect them and move them to working folder. Lost functionality for the sake of flash with this new upgrade.
Visitor
Previously I could just upload a document link without a problem. But I file all documents that are to be blasted by date first, and now cannot do that. It really stinks!!!!
Please change the library back to seperate folders... Images and Documents need to be septerated!
Occasional Contributor
Don't need all the extra image folders...but you DO need to put documents in one called Documents SEPARATE from the images. You can still put your My Computer and Stock Images and Recently Added folders IN Images and IN Documents, if necessary, but simplify the way it LOOKS when you first open Library with JUST a file folder for images and JUST one for documents
All Star
I am not happy with the free selection of pictures. I like the pictures in the Pro gallery but do not like that I have to pay a fee to access each one.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Closed - No Action