Display which images and documents are being used in campaigns

I could delete sooo many images from the library, if I knew WHICH version of a photo was actually used in an email. Every time I edit a photo a new image is added to the photo library and I don't have time to delete older versions at the time I am writing emails because I am pressed for time, but I would love to go back and delete images that never appeared in an email. A feature such as some kind of highlight of images actually inserted in a newsletter would help REMOVE sooo much memory being taken up by unused images - that should be a HUGE bonus for you if everyone could do some housekeeping in their images.

11 Comments

I totally agree with this! Also, being able to delete a lot of images at the same time would be great as well as going to the oldest images and documents first would help in deleting them.

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

CherylD6
Campaign Contributor

Constant Contact use to show you how many and which emails a photos was used in.  For some reason, they stopped this in 2019.  BRING IT BACK!.  It was a great link that appeared when you clicked on the photo and after the date the photo was uploaded.It might say "Photo used in 6 emails."  Then you click on it and it shows you which emails. It worked great for cleaning out your library without having to worry about decimating an existing email.

I know you can charge more if we have to expand our library space but it's a bad way to keep current customers happy.  

SandraA75369
Brand Visionary

PLEASE have something that would indicate in the library, when a picture is used in an email. This way I could delete so many images that might have been altered numerous times before the email completion. As a small business owner (as I suspect many of your clients are), I am always in a hurry and working on a deadline when I create an email, so I don't have time to delete unused images at the time I am creating. HOWEVER, I would love to clean up all the images I have stored. wouldn't it be great for Constant Contact not to have to store so many photos?

JanetH60
Rookie

Certainly there is a logical way to sort photos in library from oldest to newest?  What am I overlooking?   

WPinOhio
Campaign Contributor
It would be nice to know, at a glance, which images in my library have been used in an email and which haven't. I would love to clean up the image library to it holds only the ones I've used, but can't tell which ones were sent out in emails and which were.
Sometimes a picture uploads multiple times (usually due to it not showing up in the uploads area, or trying to upload directly to a square and not "sticking.") It would be fantastic if the library could show whether an image is currently in a campaign email. That way, if there are four of the same image, I know which one(s) are safe to delete. If there is already a way to do this, please let me know!
PamelaP72843
Campaign Collaborator

Agreed! It would help to bulk delete any images not needed anymore to save space in our library!

JeanneJ04
Campaign Contributor

Agreed. I would really like to intelligently clean out my images. Maybe this has been fixed but right now my library won't even open. So i can't test.

I do like the folder of 'unfoldered' images but wonder if it is accurate

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More