cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

2 letter state abbreviation

2 letter state abbreviation

The USPS wants the 2-letter state abbreviation, not the spelled-out state name. Eg., "MD," not "Maryland." Constant Contact (CC) replaced all of my 2-letter state info with the full names. In addition to using CC for email, I use exported CC data for mailing. Why on earth did you wipe out all of my 2-letter state codes, replacing them with full names? This is completely contrary to USPS guidelines.
12 Comments
Occasional Contributor
I would like to use the 2 letter state name rather than the full state name so that when I'm exporting it to word to create mailing labels, it looks better. Is that possible?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your suggestion. Please let us know this is a feature you would like to see by voting for it.

"Thank you for your suggestion"? Is this a feature we'd like to see? Are these boards monitored by computers? What human would respond like this? I found this post because I have the same problem; Constant Contact has changed all the states from abbreviations to full names without asking users if that worked for us. It's not a feature suggestion, IT'S THE DESCRIPTION OF A FAULT! 

Occasional Advisor
With space as a premium in the My Contacts view, why are states spelled out in the city, state column? I have ludicrously narrow Company name columns, but all this space taken up by 'Washington, District of Columbia' instead of just 'Washington DC'. So dumb. Do you even use the products before you make unthought-out changes?
Occasional Contributor

I use my Constant Contact records for hard-copy mailings, too, and need the two-letter, standard USPS abbreviations back. VOTE FOR THIS CHANGE so the powers that be at CC will be motivated to change it back. Thanks, fellow-user community!

Occasional Visitor
When I check the addresses of my Contacts, the State Entry Box is inconsistent. Sometimes it reads CA with no Dropdown Menu. Sometimes it reads California as part of a Dropdown Menu.
Occasional Contributor

This is now such a hassle! I can't believe Constant Contact did this. Are they trying to add more work for us? I thought Constant Contact was all about making marketing easier! I am almost ready to switch companies!!

Thanks for sharing this feedback,  

Advisor