cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search

Advanced Search

It would be nice if the compare functions in the advanced search also contained a "contains" function so elements could be picked out of a single field. Also, the implied "OR" function with multiple qualifiers might be nice to also have an "AND" function
91 Comments
Visitor
I can longer do searches using part of the email address.
It would be helpful to have a contact search field that is "contains", as some of the things we are searching for are in an field but not at the beginning or at the end.
Occasional Contributor
The advanced search should give you more options, ie, search in actives or unsubscribed. The advanced is far from advanced.
Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing this feedback! You can control which list you are searching in using the "List" selection option from the drop down menu but otherwise the search will search All contacts. 

Regular Visitor
the microscopic label "Advanced" does take you to a customizable search routine but you have no approximate choices e.g. if I think the email ending incudes "sbc" I cannot search by just that. I have to know the entire "sbcglobal.net" to get any results. please dont take me literally this lack of approximation applies to all the other categories of advanced search
Occasional Contributor
I used to be able to search in a custom field for a word that was contained in the field, not necessarily the only word, nor the first word. Now I can't. Why is that? For instance, I want to find a contact whose Note field includes the word Addis Ababa, or Emirates, but I'm sure these would not be the first word, nor the only word, because we start most of our notes with the year of the contact. I don't know the year. How can I search for these words in this field now?
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. We are currently in process of collecting feedback and making adjustments to this feature. Stay tuned for some great changes to come. In the mean time, please continue to vote for the changes that you want to see made inside of your account. And as always, don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us! Don't forget, you can call our support team seven days a week at 866-289-2101.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

All Star
If searching a Custom Field, would be helpful if one of the options is "Contains"