cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search

Advanced Search

It would be nice if the compare functions in the advanced search also contained a "contains" function so elements could be picked out of a single field. Also, the implied "OR" function with multiple qualifiers might be nice to also have an "AND" function
91 Comments
You removed the choice for Email Address "INCLUDES" and it is Imperative that it be added back in to the dropdown menu options in the advanced search field, as it is completely useless now with the current drop down options. Email Address IS or IS NOT are ridiculous and unhelpful options. If I knew what the email address IS then I would not have to do an advanced search (r any search for that matter). Email Address INCLUDES was the most helpful field on here but you removed it when you made some "improvements." Please add it back in, thank you.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting this feedback!

I have to click each individual name to see the custom field. For example, I chose "vehicle" from excel sheet to show up. Separating different types of bmws. When I load it to constant contact it allows me to advance search for various types in the "vehicle" field but doesn't have the option of "contains" to search through. Then even if I put each and every year of the vehicle model I want plus the model it pulls a list up and does not show me the model on the display screen. I must click each name to see it.

All Star
The contact advanced search is rather limited, as it only allows you to search text strings that are either = to the value presented, or begin with the value presented. It's impossible to do searches for people who have invalid characters in their contact so we can clean them up easily.
All Star
I would LOVE to be able to search my notes for key words... the search right now isn't working... for example, if I have the word "farmhouse" in the note... even if I go to search, note, there is that "is" or "begins with" function, but I need for their to be a "contains". I'm in real estate. Let's say I get a new farmhouse listing.... I'd LOVE to be able to search for all the contacts whose notes include "farmhouse" and send to just them. I know, I know... there are tags... but... the improved search function would be super helpful! Thanks, Kelly

The "contains" functionality would be great for any kind of search.

Elaboration on my earlier comment "The "contains" functionality would be great for any kind of search."  What I mean by this is when using any of the search boxes, whether it is searching contacts, searching lists, searching tags, etc., it should search for the text in any part of the information.  Example: if I’m in the “Search Contacts…” box and type STAR, the results should be STAR@yyy.com, yyy@STARyyy.org, yyy@yySTAR.net, etc.  The “Search by campaign name” search box under “Reporting” currently functions this way.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.