Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

No option to Narrow by Tag in accounts with over 10k contacts on the scheduling page

When I used Hubspot, I was able to select a list and then choose "do not send to anyone on this list if they are on ____ list." It was helpful for new customer promotions - i could select our general contact list and then choose to NOT allow it send to anyone on our existing customer list. 

18 Comments
Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

TedH90
Campaign Collaborator

Yes, I really really need this.

I feel like I am in effect spamming people who are on two lists, if I want to send different messages to those two lists, but can't suppress the people who I already got by virtue of them being on the first list.

Either I do not send separate/custom emails, or I send emails to some of the same people twice. Bleah!

SAHMA
Brand Visionary

When our contact list reached 10,000 contacts we lost the ability to use contact tags to include/exclude from email lists for our campaigns. It would be VERY helpful for us if Constant Contact clients with 10,000+ contacts could utilize the contact tag feature when selecting email recipients for campaigns.

curecadasil
Brand Visionary

Yes, improvements to the tag function is GREATLY need and this is a good idea. This feature is a good idea and even broader if you could use the tag function to limit the emails sent on a specific list (instead of the whole campaign) that would be very useful. 

EliseA71
Rookie
Extremely frustrated this morning to discover that I cannot use tags in the 3rd generation editor. I received no announcement so that I could reorganize my contacts...and the support person...while informed of this issue did not understand why this existed. I had to rebuild an email using one of my old campaigns and this was extremely frustrating to discover AS I was trying to send my email.
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @EliseA71,

I apologize for this issue that's occurring, when an account has over 10,000 contacts, the 'narrow by tags' option is unavailable for 3rd Generation Editor campaigns. I've gone ahead and passed your feedback along.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

What does it mean to "pass feedback along"? This is just broken! Is it on the list of things to be fixed, or not???

TedH90
Campaign Collaborator

We've actually started migrating our lists to a competing product. That's how important this is.

Goodbye to Constant Contact!

IslandRec
Rookie
I REALLY miss easily sending emails out to different tagged groups. I will be looking for another email service that provides this.
Candace_M
Employee

Hello @IslandRec,

I'm sorry that you do not currently have the ability to send to your tags. At this time accounts with over 10000 contacts do not have this ability. I'm interested in learning more about what you need/ used your tags for. Are you unable to accomplish the same tasks you were using tags for with your contact lists?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More