cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabetical Navigation

Alphabetical Navigation

I would like to see quick jump links to the first letter of last names in the top bar. A B C D E F G...

45 Comments
add at the top bar A, B, C ...Z so i can jump to names starting with any letter add navigation bar of lists from 51-100 etc at the top so i dont have to scroll down and click on the arrows.
Visitor
Please add an index at the top of the my contacts page, so you can peruse the list by jumping to a first letter. the index could look like: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ The user could then click on M, for example, and the contact list would jump to the M's and later.
Frequent Visitor
Put a list of each letter on top, so we select each letter to go to that page.
All Star
Need to quickly access an alphabet tab line so we do not have to guess what page contact is on to update
All Star
It would be nice if you had the alphabet out to the right hand side. And the ability to click on a letter, and have our contacts automatically zoom to the first entry of that letter. For. ex., if I clicked on the letter "M", then the contacts would go to the first entry under "M". The only way we have now to navigate through the contacts is page by page which is quite long if you have lots of contacts.
Occasional Contributor
Once I have added a contact, it would be nice to have links to alphabet letters to find that contact incase i need to edit that person's information rather than clicking the next arrow 50 times.
It would be SO much quicker and efficient to put an A-Z button at the top of the page and/or at least put the arrow buttons at the top of the page, if nothing else.
Occasional Contributor
Can you make the search process easier for searching contacts? Perhaps being able to place a letter and having contacts go to the beginning letter of the name? This current method is more trouble and the old system was easier.
When I am scrolling through my contacts to select some for a group, I like to do it sections in case something goes wrong. It is a hassle to get back to the next name. For example, if I type the next name it only retrieves that name, not all the following names, so I can't use search and there is no alphabet for quick access.
Visitor
Is there an easier way to look up an ACTIVE contact, without having to go thru the whole alphabet Thank you
Occasional Visitor
There needs to be a tab for each letter of the alphabet (above the list), so we can get to a name much faster! It will also keep us from having to start back to the beginning of the list after we made changes to a particular contact!
All Star
Have the letters of the alphabet when viewing contacts on a specific mailing list. This way you can jump around the page while clicking on the appropriate letter instead of scrolling. This is especially helpful when viewing 500 contacts on a page.
If not an A-Z option, maybe the next page and page back could be added to the top of the page.
All Star
it would be nice to have page forward arrow at top of page so you could get thru alphabet easier
Afternoon, As contact lists grow, they become more difficult to manage effectively. It would be great to have "A" to "Z" hot links located above the active contact list so we can go to just that section of contacts.
In the new Contact Management page it would be nice to have a Letter bar across the top to quickly go to a specific set of names.
Regular Visitor
It would be great if there was an option to jump to a certain letter in the alphabet or to a page. When I remove contacts it brings me back to the beginning so I have to search through all of the contacts again.
Occasional Visitor
It is cumbersome to have to page through 900 contacts to get to the letter w. I know you can go backward and forward but this is so time consuming to have to page through the whole list. We should be able to type a name in a search bar and then delete it or put it on another list. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
when editing the list it is wonderful that you allow a min of 50 contacts to edit however you have to scroll four days down and then you realize the action buttons are back at the top and then you have to scroll four days back up to choose an action. wow once you have completed that action (example removing certain emails that begin with the letter "M" ) then you realize that the list now refreshes and defaults back to the "A" - how convenient when you were in the ""M" there fore you must scroll scroll scroll to get back to the area of the alphabet you started with.
I am updating some of the contact lists and find it very time consuming. I am doing it alphabetically and have to scroll through the alphabet. Is there a faster way to move through the contacts other than scrolling or searching a single contact? Nancy
All Star
Often I search my current (long) contact list to see if a particular person is on it. Right now, as far as I can tell, you have to keep clicking the right arrow over and over to reach the first letter of the last name you want to search for. It would be fab if you would provide a shortcut by first letter of last name (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, ...) like many lists do.
Occasional Visitor
Y'all need to add a function that allows you to jump to contacts based on the first letter of their last name. For example, being able to jump right to all of the P's without having to scroll through page by page to get there.
All Star
Make it easier to find names using A - Z quick link
It would be nice to be able to search for a contact that is either to be deleted from a list or whose email address has changed. It would also be nice to be able to search by imputing my own page number to go to instead and moving one-by-one until I get to "z".
Occasional Visitor
We have over 800 clients and in order for me to go to all the M's I have to keep going page by page because there is no easy way for me to go thru the list, I know I can search by client name but in order for me to go thru the list there is no way of doing this. Xiomara
It would be a great help to have better page organization when viewing the contact list. It is a hassle to click next page, by next page. To be able to just click on the letter A-Z in a bar or something would be awesome!
Regular Visitor

Well, I found it!  In the advanced search for Contacts you can choose First name starts with "P" or you letter.  I got to P before I figures it out, but now we know.

All Star
YOu can only click on the people on the page that is showing. Can't click them, and move on to another page, and another, and then do the Action you want to do (with all of them). Also, when I click the arrow to move to the next page of contacts, it takes me to the top of the next page-- but if I want to click to say, all the D's, I have to start at A, go to the bottom of all the A's, click to the next page, scroll to the bottom of them, click to the next page, scroll to the bottom, etc. Instead of just clicking on the letter of the names you want. Am I just missing something?
Regular Visitor

Additionally when i look at all my contacts i would like it an additionally view where these contacts are added instead of double clicking on the name. Once my clients have finished i put them in alumni status. They then move out of the files of prospective clients. By double clicking to see which folders they are in is very time consuming. Also i would like a bar at the top a-z Also if you can not to the viewing of email list at least add color code selections so i know which contact file they are in As always feel free to contact me Concealed Carry Safety for Personal Defense Inc

All Star
I do not know why this list is not in alpha order like the other list are. I do not want to export and then sort just to get and alpha order listing. Could there not be an option to alpha sort the name and / or the email field? Seems like this would already be something that customers would have requested.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting! If you click to View all of your lists we do give you the option to "Favorite" the lists you would like to see listed first. Does this help?

I would like a search box above the contacts list where I can type in a specific name and the list be able to pull it up. Currently I am having to go through each page trying to get to the last names that start with the letter H and it is taking forever.

Contributor

Status changed to: New

We are going through contacts alphabetically to check for errors. After editing a contact and pressing back or other, page reloads to beginning of list (letter A). Is there anyway to go back to where we are in the list at the letter we were just at (ie M). Thanks!

Occasional Visitor

It would be more user friendly to have the page arrows at the top of the contact lists rather than at the bottom of the list.  If I want to scroll alphabetically, I have to page down to the bottom, hit the arrow key, which puts me at the top of the next page.  I then have to repeat this process for each page. 

Solution Provider

It would be helpful to have a clickable alpha index when viewing all contacts.  Just the letter so you can quickly go to all contacts within a letter.  i.e.  A  B  C  D  etc.

Regular Visitor

Perhaps displaying an alphabet at the top of the contacts list so that I can jump to the contacts that begin with "S" by clicking on that letter without having to scroll through A through S.

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to show all the emails starting with a certain letter rather then having to scroll through all the pages until you get to it?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @LindaCQ,

At this time we do not have a way to navigate in that way, however this is great feedback and we have passed it along to our engineers. Currently, what you can do to work around this is use the 'Advanced Search' functionality under Contacts toward the left, and use the criteria 'Email Address Starts With A', or which ever letter you're looking for. I hope this is helpful.

2018-06-06_1035.png

Visitor
THE CURRENT SCROLLING BY PAGE IS VERY TEDIOUS. I DO KNOW THAT WE CAN SEARCH ONE AT A TIME BUT THAT IS VERY INEFFICIENT. IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF WE COULD NAVIGATE RIGHT TO A LETTER TO FIND A CLUSTER OF NAMES. FOR EXAMPLE, IF WE COULD GO TO THE "N" SECTION QUICKLY TO VIEW ALL THE NAMES ENDING IN "N' THAT WOULD BE GREAT. IF THERE IS A WAY TO DO THIS AND I JUST AM NOT SEEING IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO DO IT. THANK YOU!
and add a search by alphabet letter A thru Z