Automatic tagging when contact clicks on a link or image

I really wish there was an "auto tag" feature. Say, if a contact clicks on this image or button, they are automatically tagged as intereted in _____. This would save me a tremendous amount of time of going through the stats of every email, and adding everybody who clicked on something to the tag myself.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Great feedback! Although it doesn't use tags, we did recently add a click segmentation feature that allows clicks on a click to be automatically added to a list. Here is a Knowledge Base article with instructions.

6 Comments
StephenE867
Regular Participant

It would be great if I could set up an action that automatically tagged someone once they clicked a link in an email. I see Constant Contact already reports who has clicked, so this info is already tracked. I would like to remove those contacts from a campaign list and send a follow up reminder email to anyone that hasn't clicked yet. But it looks like the best way to do this now is manually apply a tag as close to the next sendout as possible, remove them from the list, and then send the new campaign to the curated list right away. Thanks, Mark

Hannah_M

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Nathan_L
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Nathan_L
Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Great feedback! Although it doesn't use tags, we did recently add a click segmentation feature that allows clicks on a click to be automatically added to a list. Here is a Knowledge Base article with instructions.

DavidG5236
Regular Participant

I need a tag feature for people who join a list 

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More