cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Back and Forward button in list view

Back and Forward button in list view

Please put "back" and "forward" buttons on the top of contacts lists, as well as the bottom, so we don't have to scroll through everyone to advance to the next page. Even better, add an alpha tab so users can go right to the that section of the alphabet. Or put it back to the old way, which was better. It's SO annoying how programs have to constantly change and it's not always for the better.

94 Comments
All Star
Possible to have page numbers or Forward/Back arrows at top of contact lists, not just at bottom? It's tedious to have to scroll to bottom of each page when editing - would be easier to flip through complete lists of contacts (eg straight to last page I was working on, or even page 5 of 9)
All Star
Please put an option on the top of the contact page so you can go directly to a particular letter of the alphabet vs. scrolling through every page. Also, checking a contact's name doesn't "stick" when you go to the next page, so names can only be edited in batches vs. at one time.
All Star

gosh dang it. I'm trying to describe my feedback in section above and other previous feedback pops up and erases what I have written. The complaint that I'm trying to post is there should be arrows at the top of the contact list like there is at the bottom so we don't have to scroll to the bottom to get to the arrows.

Regular Visitor
I miss the back button on pages
Occasional Visitor
When the entire contact list appears on the screen, in order to get to the next page, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the next button. This feature should appear at the top of the page as well thus eliminating the need to scroll down the page.
All Star
Why are there no paging controls at the top of the contact list, only at the bottom. I am cleaning up my contact list and when I have to edit an individual entry it is very cumbersome to get back to my place in the list. I have to reload the list, scroll to the bottom, go to next page, scroll to the bottom, etc. At least if there were paging controls at the top I could more easily navigate back to my next item.
Occasional Visitor

It would be nice to be able to navigate back to your previous page, especially if you were searching for a contact. When I hit my back button or Contacts, it refreshes back to the main page and then I have to enter my search criteria again.

Regular Visitor
The new Contacts page section is geared towards seeing a bulky lists of all the contacts we have, but it's not logically how I want to view the data. Without context as to which group they belong to, the list loses meaning, and requires additional navigation in order to bring sense to the design. Requiring this separate navigation then removes the ability to comprehensively view how contacts relate to all groups.
All Star
i'm going through my 2400 contacts, and i need a page forward/back button at the top as well as at the bottom. when i'm pages deep into my list to edit a contact, and i want to go back and continue down my list of contacts, i get sent back to page one, then i have to scroll down to the bottom of the page, then go find my page to pick up where i left off! Somebody shoot me! also, need to have a choice of page length at top and bottom.
Occasional Visitor
Please consider adding the buttons at the botom of the contact page (1-50 of 1200 items) to the very top of the contact list. Also, it's very time consuming to have go all the back to the 1st contact every time I have to make the slightest of changes. It would be much faster to just go back to the point I was, in my contact list, and go on from there. I'm just sayin'....
Visitor
There should be forward and backward arrows at the top and the bottom of the contact lists, not just at the bottom. Not user-friendly to have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the next page.
FGC
It would be nice to have 1) forward, back buttons at both the TOP and bottom (as opposed to just the bottom) of the lists; 2) to return to the same place in the lists if you make a change to a contact rather than applying the change and being returned to the top of the list when you are done (if you have a long list and are in the middle making changes, that can be a real pain and take unnecessary time to return to the same spot and continue when you are doing list maintenance)
Visitor
scroll through each page individually. It wastes a lot of time.
veiwing contacts is not as easy since you have to scroll down to the bottom to view different contacts by letters. Returning back to contact list is not as easy either.
It would be helpful to have the page back and page forward arrows available on the top of the contact list, not just the bottom.
Visitor
I selected the list view of 500 per page and have several pages to go through to select some of my clients to put onto another list that I want to email to. But each time I add someone, the list defaults back to the beginning and there is no button to advance pages. I have to go to the bottom of each page to advance to the next page too. Ray
Scrolling through page after page is sooo tedious, please consider adding these functionalities, or if they already exist, let me know how to do it: 1). Do not keep defaulting back to the first page- scroll to the NEXT page 2) Show the "n of nnn" and next page arrow on the top and bottom of the list 3) Feature a search of all active contacts wherein I can start at a selected page, or alpha name
Occasional Visitor
When I select a contact to delete and then delete - return me to the page I was on when I deleted instead of sending me back to the beginning of the alphabetical sort. Put the page forward/back controls at the top and bottom of the list, so I don't have to scroll over and over when I know I need to go forward several pages.
I would like to suggest that the navigation be fixed so that after you export contacts to a new list, that the main contacts screen doesn't go back to the first page. I have to keep finding my place and it's annoying. Also suggest that you put page forward arrows at the top as well as bottom -- there's way too much scrolling up and down to take actions during the list building process. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
When I'm trying to go through thousands of contacts, it is tedious to have to press the next button at the bottom of the page only. There should also be the page navigation arrows at the top of the list, as well as a way to skip pages. Some sites let you type in the number of the page you wish to skip through, some let you skip by the entry alphabetization by listing the alphabet at the top and making each letter a link to the start of that letter's listings. Please make these changes to improve the speed at which I can edit my contacts. Even with 500 rows per page, I am wasting time waiting for the pages to load so I can scroll down and click next over and over until I get deep into my list. If your mission really is to help businesses for e-mail lists, you NEED to have these features. Thanks.
Occasional Contributor
Add navigation by page to the top and bottom of screen when viewing reports.
Visitor
It would be much easier if I could switch through pages of contacts at both the top and bottom of the page I'm on instead of having to scroll to the bottom every time.
Occasional Contributor
How about adding the scroll through contacts to the top of the list as well as at the bottom. I was scrolling through a large number of contacts and each time I went to a new page I had to scroll to the bottom to get to the next group. Very tedious.
All Star
at the top of the page too...every time I delete a contact, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to advance further into the list. Not very user friendly.
All Star

but it always goes back to the other way. Why won't it stay that way I set it? 2) It would be nice to have the rows per page view and also the page scroll at the top of the page as well as the bottom of the page, so we don't have to scroll all the way down just to go to the next page or increase the page view Thank you, CC works well for me, I am enjoying it.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Great feedback, thanks for posting! I am glad that this account is working so well for you!

Occasional Contributor
When viewing any list, they need to have the prev/next navigation at both the top and the bottom. I really don't need to scroll through the whole list every time in order to get to a certain segment of the list, especially since there's no sort functionality. And even if there were list sorting, I'd need it all the more, since I know that I want to get to page X where the "M"s likely are.

Folks, believe it or not, people like to scroll through more than 25 emails per page.  Please do two things:

1) Long-term Request: Increase the highest per page option to 100 (minimum).  May as well remove the "5" option.  For as long as it takes to navigate, does anyone actually use that?  Why not include an "all" option?

2) Immediate Request: Please include a page navigation bar at the top of the list, not just at the bottom.

Thank you!

Each time my list of contacts resets and shows them from page 1, but I know that I'm working on page 20, I can't go from page to page from the top of the list. I have to scroll down towards the bottom of the web page to find an arrow to go to the next page.
When there are thousands of contacts and the name must be misspelled because it's not coming up in the search, the navigation becomes a burden. 1.) If it were at the top and bottom then it's not necessary to scroll to the bottom each time to get to the next page. 2.) It would save a lot of time if it were possible to select either a page (by letter would be even better), skipping several pages at a time (rather than going one page at a time). Please consider for future updates.
Occasional Contributor
Why are there not backward and forward navigation buttons at the TOP of the list pages instead of only at the bottom??? And why when you delete a contact does it take you back to the top of the list instead of where you last were, so you have to then scroll or skip all the way back to where you were?
clicking on > next until you get to the right page. Before you numbered the pages and we could click on the page we were working on. You also had it the click on at the top of the page and bottom of the page.
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if one could scroll the contacts list from the top as well as the bottom of the list.
Occasional Contributor
PLEASE add the Page # Navigator to the TOP of the page for Email Listings and Contact Listings. It's really frustrating to have to keep scrolling to the bottom to choose the next page, or guess for a specific page #. There are better improvements you could do (such as add alpha "shortcuts, e.g. A, B, C, D..." to the contact lists, or by date, "this month, last month, this year, this quarter, previous quarter, last year..." for email lists, but as a software designer, I KNOW adding the navigation control to another location on the page is easy to do. --Barbara@auctionsystems.com
All Star
It would be helpful to have the navigation menu in the contact view both at the top and the bottom of the list.
Occasional Contributor
Why are the list navigational tools only at the bottom of the list and not the top???
All Star
On the page that list all of your emails, I would like the ability to scroll forward and backward from the top of the page in addition to the bottom of the page. It is time consuming to constantly scroll to the bottom of the page in order to page forward and/or backward.
It would be nice to have the page direction on the top, along with it already being on the bottom
Regular Visitor
If I start at the top of the list, which has no field box like. opened 13 out of 20, and I have to open the first contact to see that information, where is the button that it will go to opening the next contact without having to go back to the list?
All Star
not just the bottom. Thanks!
Occasional Visitor
Should be able to toggle to add a contact and not go back to the top. Also each list should have a choice to find a letter and not have to scroll through all the names to get to a different letter
Occasional Visitor
It would be very helpful if, when browsing a big contact list, there were ways to jump to certain pages ahead or back, and also if it didn't send you the the very beginning of the list after every time you click open a contact. Why aren't there page numbers at the bottom? One can only go either one page forward/back or all the way. Also, from the individual contact page, there should be a way to either go back to exactly where you were on the list view or to the beginning or somewhere else. thanks
Occasional Visitor
It would be helpful if you added the button for going to the next page of contacts at the tob rather than jus at the bottom right. If I am looking up a contact that has a name such as "Yardley" I know it is not on the first page. It is time consuming to have to scroll to the bottom right and click on "next or previous page" Thank you, Daryl Polland
Occasional Contributor
It is time consuming and inefficient to have to scroll through the alphabet to get to a list of those names beginning with a certain letter. PLEASE make links to each letter at the top and bottom of the page so we can skip around easily. Also, once an action is taken on a contact, the page skips to the beginning (first page) instead of returning to where I was working. Can that be "fixed", too?
Occasional Contributor
Please put page forward/backward buttons at the top and bottom of the page. When the forward button is clicked upon, in order to click to the next page one must once again scroll to the bottom to continue to the 4th page. Very time consuming. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
When working with a long (500 line) list of contacts, or any for that matter it would be useful to have a Previous/Next Page button at the top of the page so once doesn't have to scroll all the way down to get to subsequent pages. Similarly it would be used for do have a delete (or other function) button at the bottom.
Regular Visitor
would like 'next page' arrows at the top of the page as well as the bottom
All Star
Bounces - it would be good to be able to choose the option of deleting them from the bounce section. Option to select next section of pages from top as well as bottom of contacts page
Arrows to move page forward/backwards at the top as well as at the bottom. Also, the ability to move SEVERAL pages ahead/backwards vs. ONE page at a time.