Back and Forward button in list view

Back and Forward button in list view

Please put "back" and "forward" buttons on the top of contacts lists, as well as the bottom, so we don't have to scroll through everyone to advance to the next page. Even better, add an alpha tab so users can go right to the that section of the alphabet. Or put it back to the old way, which was better. It's SO annoying how programs have to constantly change and it's not always for the better.

128 Comments
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if one could scroll the contacts list from the top as well as the bottom of the list.
Occasional Contributor
PLEASE add the Page # Navigator to the TOP of the page for Email Listings and Contact Listings. It's really frustrating to have to keep scrolling to the bottom to choose the next page, or guess for a specific page #. There are better improvements you could do (such as add alpha "shortcuts, e.g. A, B, C, D..." to the contact lists, or by date, "this month, last month, this year, this quarter, previous quarter, last year..." for email lists, but as a software designer, I KNOW adding the navigation control to another location on the page is easy to do. --Barbara@auctionsystems.com
It would be helpful to have the navigation menu in the contact view both at the top and the bottom of the list.
Occasional Contributor
Why are the list navigational tools only at the bottom of the list and not the top???
Occasional Contributor
On the page that list all of your emails, I would like the ability to scroll forward and backward from the top of the page in addition to the bottom of the page. It is time consuming to constantly scroll to the bottom of the page in order to page forward and/or backward.
It would be nice to have the page direction on the top, along with it already being on the bottom
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Visitor
Would be nice to have the next page selection available at the top of the list as well as the bottom
Regular Visitor
If I start at the top of the list, which has no field box like. opened 13 out of 20, and I have to open the first contact to see that information, where is the button that it will go to opening the next contact without having to go back to the list?
Frequent Visitor
What am I missing. Every time I delete a contact or contacts it brings me back to the beginning and I have to scroll through all the contacts to get back to where I ended. You also have to go all the way to the bottom of the page to change the listing.
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if you could put another scroll tool at the top of each page of contacts, like the one you have at the bottom. It would also be nice if a person could go back to where they were in the contact display pages after editing one contact instead of starting over from the beginning.

Yes! I have the same issue, especially when you have a couple thousand contacts.

to the next group of 50 names at the top of the page and not just the bottom. Also---can you fix it so you can get to the beginning or the end of the list without having to go through each page? Like if you could select first or last, or other page by number.
I just went through every contact and reorganized our lists. Having to go into each contact individually, make my changes, then go back the entire list took forever. It would be good to have a "next contact" button so that when you are in a contact's individual record, you could just go from that record to the record of the next contact, make and save your changes, and then go to the next. That would save a huge amount of time when you're organizing and updating a large number of contacts, like I was.
Currently, when you're working in a list, you have to go to pages by hitting the forward or backward arrow button, and there is no way to select the page you want to see. Right now, I'd like to look at contact 5,000 in a list of 10,000, and it will take quite a while to go back page by page, even if I have my page set to see 250 or 500 contacts per page. It would be good to have a "go to page #" or even "go to record #" field with the forward and backward page buttons.
Occasional Visitor
not just the bottom. Thanks!
Visitor
Should be able to toggle to add a contact and not go back to the top. Also each list should have a choice to find a letter and not have to scroll through all the names to get to a different letter
Occasional Visitor
It would be very helpful if, when browsing a big contact list, there were ways to jump to certain pages ahead or back, and also if it didn't send you the the very beginning of the list after every time you click open a contact. Why aren't there page numbers at the bottom? One can only go either one page forward/back or all the way. Also, from the individual contact page, there should be a way to either go back to exactly where you were on the list view or to the beginning or somewhere else. thanks
Occasional Visitor
It would be helpful if you added the button for going to the next page of contacts at the tob rather than jus at the bottom right. If I am looking up a contact that has a name such as "Yardley" I know it is not on the first page. It is time consuming to have to scroll to the bottom right and click on "next or previous page" Thank you, Daryl Polland
Occasional Contributor
It is time consuming and inefficient to have to scroll through the alphabet to get to a list of those names beginning with a certain letter. PLEASE make links to each letter at the top and bottom of the page so we can skip around easily. Also, once an action is taken on a contact, the page skips to the beginning (first page) instead of returning to where I was working. Can that be "fixed", too?
Occasional Contributor
Please put page forward/backward buttons at the top and bottom of the page. When the forward button is clicked upon, in order to click to the next page one must once again scroll to the bottom to continue to the 4th page. Very time consuming. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
When working with a long (500 line) list of contacts, or any for that matter it would be useful to have a Previous/Next Page button at the top of the page so once doesn't have to scroll all the way down to get to subsequent pages. Similarly it would be used for do have a delete (or other function) button at the bottom.
Regular Visitor
would like 'next page' arrows at the top of the page as well as the bottom
Bounces - it would be good to be able to choose the option of deleting them from the bounce section. Option to select next section of pages from top as well as bottom of contacts page
Arrows to move page forward/backwards at the top as well as at the bottom. Also, the ability to move SEVERAL pages ahead/backwards vs. ONE page at a time.
It would be really helpful to have the the arrows that allows one to go from one page to the next at both the bottom and top of the page. When I am looking through a list, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page each time to get to the arrows as going to the next page sends me to the top of the page
Occasional Visitor
1) Place arrows for turning pages at the top of each page, too. 2) Break the contacts into sections by letter accessible at the top of each page. This would give the user the ability to access each letter without having to scroll through the whole list page by page. These changes would make this site more user friendly. Thank you-
Regular Visitor
Would be great if the pages can be navigated w buttons on top of pg and bottom, scrolling is difficult. Also if there is a choice to go to a certain letter instead of digging back through the alphabet each time. Unless I am missing something. Thanks.
Occasional Advisor
Add navigation buttons on top of contact listing instead of just the bottom. How to easily see which contacts are not opening emails? Currently, clicking on each name which is time consuming.
Occasional Advisor
Move show contacts per page to top as well
Frequent Visitor
In View All Lists Format add: 1. Put 1 - 9 and A - Z selections on the top of each page so I can click to a list title (first letter of the title) 2. Put the page forward and back buttons on the top of each page so I don't have to go all the way to the bottom of a long page of lists to move fwd or back.
Occasional Contributor

I would love to see a page advancement tool at the top of "my emails" as well as at the bottom.  It would be a lot easier than having to scroll down every page.  Sometimes you know approximately which page to find an email for which you are searching so why should you have to scroll to the bottom to enter the page number.  Or perhaps you know an approximate page number within a page or 2...would rather be able to navigate this from the top of the page instead of scrolling.

Occasional Contributor
Currently the Page Tab Toolbar is only at the end of the List page. (ie Pg 1-250 of 3000 items) Would it be possible to also put it at the top of each List page? This would really help when managing long email lists. Thank you.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Occasional Contributor

On the Email tab, I would greatly appreciate a paging tool at the top of the page and keep the one at the bottom.  It is frustrating to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of your emails just to go to a different page.  Please consider adding this option.

It would be helpful to have a button that when you click on it it takes you back to the top. Also, it would be helpful to have the delete button at the bottom of the page and next to contacts in case you want to quickly delete them instead of checking the box, scrolling to the top, dropping menu down, hit delete, agreeing you actually want to delete...etc.
Frequent Visitor
It would be nice not to have to scroll to the top of the screen to add a contact. It would be nice if this was a feature available from a sidebar.
Contributor
Under View contacts, it would be nice to have the scroll/advance to next page arrows at the top as well as at the bottom of the screen.
It would be great if there were a "go to next page/prev page/first page/last page" toolbar at the top of the page as well.
Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful if there were forward & back arrows to scroll through contact lists at the top of the page as well as the ones that are currently at the bottom of the page. It would also be nice if when you check of several contacts and press an arrow button to go to the next page of contacts it would not de-select the contacts you selected on the previous screen.
Hi, When looking at the screen with all our contacts, it would be extremely helpful to have a row across the top that shows each letter of the alphabet so that I could "jump," with a single click, to all clients whose last name starts with "W" (example). Right now I have to scroll all the way down to the Ws .... unless I'm missing a feature? I am aware there is a search feature... Food for thought, thank you!
Add an Alpha List to search through various email lists. A B C D.....etc. at the top of page. Presently you must page down to manually search a contact name in all created email lists other than the ALL Contacts list.

Regular Visitor

Would be nice to have the toggle switch on top of the list. Also to be able to have the list default back to the beginning of the contact list and be able to advance the through the list of contacts. This has been an issue, especially when applying tags  to a group of over 300 or more contacts.