cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Back and Forward button in list view

Back and Forward button in list view

Please put "back" and "forward" buttons on the top of contacts lists, as well as the bottom, so we don't have to scroll through everyone to advance to the next page. Even better, add an alpha tab so users can go right to the that section of the alphabet. Or put it back to the old way, which was better. It's SO annoying how programs have to constantly change and it's not always for the better.

92 Comments
It would be really helpful to have the the arrows that allows one to go from one page to the next at both the bottom and top of the page. When I am looking through a list, I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page each time to get to the arrows as going to the next page sends me to the top of the page
Occasional Visitor
1) Place arrows for turning pages at the top of each page, too. 2) Break the contacts into sections by letter accessible at the top of each page. This would give the user the ability to access each letter without having to scroll through the whole list page by page. These changes would make this site more user friendly. Thank you-
Regular Visitor
Would be great if the pages can be navigated w buttons on top of pg and bottom, scrolling is difficult. Also if there is a choice to go to a certain letter instead of digging back through the alphabet each time. Unless I am missing something. Thanks.
Occasional Advisor
Add navigation buttons on top of contact listing instead of just the bottom. How to easily see which contacts are not opening emails? Currently, clicking on each name which is time consuming.
Occasional Advisor
Move show contacts per page to top as well
Frequent Visitor
In View All Lists Format add: 1. Put 1 - 9 and A - Z selections on the top of each page so I can click to a list title (first letter of the title) 2. Put the page forward and back buttons on the top of each page so I don't have to go all the way to the bottom of a long page of lists to move fwd or back.
All Star

I would love to see a page advancement tool at the top of "my emails" as well as at the bottom.  It would be a lot easier than having to scroll down every page.  Sometimes you know approximately which page to find an email for which you are searching so why should you have to scroll to the bottom to enter the page number.  Or perhaps you know an approximate page number within a page or 2...would rather be able to navigate this from the top of the page instead of scrolling.

Occasional Contributor
Currently the Page Tab Toolbar is only at the end of the List page. (ie Pg 1-250 of 3000 items) Would it be possible to also put it at the top of each List page? This would really help when managing long email lists. Thank you.
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

On the Email tab, I would greatly appreciate a paging tool at the top of the page and keep the one at the bottom.  It is frustrating to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of your emails just to go to a different page.  Please consider adding this option.

It would be helpful to have a button that when you click on it it takes you back to the top. Also, it would be helpful to have the delete button at the bottom of the page and next to contacts in case you want to quickly delete them instead of checking the box, scrolling to the top, dropping menu down, hit delete, agreeing you actually want to delete...etc.
Frequent Visitor
It would be nice not to have to scroll to the top of the screen to add a contact. It would be nice if this was a feature available from a sidebar.
All Star
Under View contacts, it would be nice to have the scroll/advance to next page arrows at the top as well as at the bottom of the screen.
It would be great if there were a "go to next page/prev page/first page/last page" toolbar at the top of the page as well.
Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful if there were forward & back arrows to scroll through contact lists at the top of the page as well as the ones that are currently at the bottom of the page. It would also be nice if when you check of several contacts and press an arrow button to go to the next page of contacts it would not de-select the contacts you selected on the previous screen.
Hi, When looking at the screen with all our contacts, it would be extremely helpful to have a row across the top that shows each letter of the alphabet so that I could "jump," with a single click, to all clients whose last name starts with "W" (example). Right now I have to scroll all the way down to the Ws .... unless I'm missing a feature? I am aware there is a search feature... Food for thought, thank you!
Add an Alpha List to search through various email lists. A B C D.....etc. at the top of page. Presently you must page down to manually search a contact name in all created email lists other than the ALL Contacts list.

All Star

Would be nice to have the toggle switch on top of the list. Also to be able to have the list default back to the beginning of the contact list and be able to advance the through the list of contacts. This has been an issue, especially when applying tags  to a group of over 300 or more contacts.  

Occasional Visitor
It would be great to be able to skip through your contacts from the top of the page as well as the bottom. It would also be awesome if I could go through my contacts statistics when I click on their page. Things like bounce rate or click rate on the individual customer profiles would be very cool. Thank you for you time, Vino Salida Team

When I'm reviewing the contacts in a list, if there are more than 50 items, I have to scroll ALLLLL the way down to the bottom of the page to click on the arrow to get to the next 50 entries. And over and over again. I am not a fan of scrolling, just like I'm not a fan of extra keystrokes. Please put an arrow at the TOP of the list to get to the next page quickly. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
In navigating a list, one must scroll to the bottom in order to move through the pages. It would be much more convenient to be able to do that from both the top and bottom of the list. Also, when you edit someone or remove a name from the list, it would help to go back to the place where you were working instead of the beginning of the list.
Regular Visitor

I'm working on Unsubscribed Contacts. It would be nice to be able to get to the 4th page without clicking one page at a time.

All Star
We shouldn't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the first page of contacts in order to be able to go to a different location in the list. I
Frequent Visitor
I'm reviewing my contact list of about 600, to delete any old or incomplete contacts. Every time I delete one, my screen goes back to the first page of contacts. It would be very helpful to have a "Go to page __" option. As it is, I have to keep scrolling to the bottom of the page to click the arrow to forward to the next page, which then automatically brings me back to the top of the page, so I then scroll to the bottom of the page to click the arrow to forward to the next page... ad nauseum. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor
#1 When viewing "suspended" emails, when you select all it shows, for example, 3,875 Selected and when you click remove it shows confirmation - Remove 3,875 contacts? But it only marks 50 deleted(if showing 50 at a time) - the rest are still there. #2. You need to improve the UI and put the "Number of contacts per page" and Page navigation on the TOP of the list - not just the bottom.
In the contact lists, you can't go to the next page unless you scroll allllllll the way down to the bottom of the page. Inefficient and frustrating. Doesn't make for speedy work. Please put the "next page" indicators at the top of every page as well. Thanks.
Regular Visitor
Why is the default of the campaigns as last modified. We prefer by date from newest to oldest. Yes, we can click that button at the top, but it always is a default back to last modified every time we open the program. Extra clicks that are unnesscessary.
Occasional Visitor
when you are in a clients profile within a contact list, it would be handy to have a "next" button which take you on to the next client within that list instead of backing out and finding where you were in that list again to go on to the next contact.
Regular Visitor
Really appreciate that I can view 500 records per page, but think it would be great to have a scroll forward and back option at the top of each page, as well as at the bottom.
Occasional Visitor

Continue working to make your website more user friendly for low intelligence users like myself. 

I should not have to be a computer engineer to work the system independently.

More importantly; I consider it to be pure dereliction that you do not offer live telephone support 24/7.

One never knows at what hour he/she must immediately go forth with emergency changes or crucial new information.  A great and increasing number of people don't work or SELF-MANAGE according to the old 9-to-5 way of life.  GET WITH IT!!

THE ADDITIONAL SERVICE WOULD PROBABLY JUSTIFY A TEMPORARY PRICE INCREASE.

YOURS TRULY.

REV. CHRIS DRIVER

706 568 8505

All Star

Here's an idea which would make contacts management so much smoother. Why not put the "next page" arrow at the TOP as well as the BOTTOM? Sure would save a scroll or two!!!

Regular Visitor

PLEASE< PLEASE  Add an alpha listing for navigating through the contacts list as well as a back and forward button at the top and bottom of the list.  I spend a lot of time scrolling in the list as I work to maintain contacts and this is a significant productivity impediment!

All Star

Need an easier and more efficient way to navigate to the next contact in a list.  It is time consuming to have to go back to the first contact and start all over.  By the dates of comments, it seems this has been a complaint/issue for years!!

Regular Visitor
Please add a forward and back option at the top of the page as well as at the bottom.

AMEN!! It's unfathomable that a database site doesn't allow us to go back to the same point in the alphabet while scrolling between the contacts list and the view of each contact. If I'm working on the Ms in my contact, I click on Mather, update that file, and instead of being able to hit a BACK button or a RETURN TO CONTACTS link, I have to go back to the contacts, starting at the A's, and scroll all the way down to the Ms to work on the next name. ANd, obviously, the further I get into the alphabet, the longer this process takes. I estimate that this lack of a simple engineering link cost me 280% more time than necessary when updating or scrubbing my contacts. FIX IT!!!