cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to where I left off!

Back to where I left off!

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

306 Comments
Regular Visitor
When reviewing contacts there needs to be an intuitive way to save your changes and return to the list you were working on prior to editing a single contact.
Occasional Visitor
Once I save a new contact, I go back to add another and I have to click twice in the "first name" box. Sometimes, I have to click twice on the "Save" button as well. When a contact shows as already being in the database, and I need to edit the information, there's no way to get back to the "add contact" screen without going back to the beginning. Could there not be a "return" button that would take me back to the "add contact' screen? Also...I sometimes add up to 30 contacts. But, halfway through, I need to re-select the mailing list. That is annoying too. Thanks
Occasional Visitor
This is such a poor and time consuming user interface to review contacts to for maintenance. Clicking into a user to see if they have read emails and then back losing you place in the middle and not being able to get back to the page you were one. Very poor and pittiful
Regular Visitor

agree

Visitor
When you delete a contact, instead of taking you back to the page you are on it takes you back to the very 1st page. You then need to page back to where you were. You should be able to page through from the top OR the bottom.
Occasional Visitor
When I make a correction to my group contact list, there is no easy way to return to that group listing. I have to return to contacts, go to groups, select that group and then make a correction within that group. I feel like I'm starting from scratch each time & it takes forever.
Occasional Contributor
Once you update the list to add a contact to, there's not a "save" button (apply in the list selection, but once you are back on the main contact screen - there's no where else to go) No "back" button or way to get back to the list you were searching.
How do we return to our list without having to click contacts and starting over.... There used to be a 'back' icon that would do that... Thanks for your help
All Star
when merging contacts, rather than allowing you to continue to add contacts, it sends you back to the Contact Management. I think it would be more efficient if when it merges a contact, the "add more" button appears.
Established Member
When I remove a contact from the middle of a large list, the list reverts back to the first page upon reloading. I'm forced to then click forward to my previous place in the list.
Frequent Visitor
When a contact is edited it should take you back to that name in the list. I find myself having to constantly scroll down to the place I was and it is very time consuming.
All Star
Contact list view needs improvement. There is no way to jump to names using an alpha shortcut or to a specific page #. So each time you update and save a contact record, user goes back to the main Contact Mgmt, then you select your list again and browse page-by-page to where you left off to continue viewing/reviewing.
Occasional Visitor
Need a back button
Occasional Visitor
I am updating my active contacts by changing emails etc. After I double click on a contact to correct it I try to return to the list and am sent to the beginning of the list. I wish I could be sent to the same spot in the list where I left off. Instead I have to go through each page to get to the page I was on. I can't even say "go to page 4"
Visitor
It would save a lot of time to add a 'NEXT' button when editing a contact list.
I always work my opens and use this to segment my contacts. I think this is a great new format to see at a glance the lists and history. What I do not like is having to edit and then use the http back arrow to return to the page with the list I was working on. It takes time to reload the pages and slows down efficiency.
For example, when searching to generate a sub-list (e.g. using a tag, or searching on a name): you then edit one of the contacts in the sub-list. To return to the sub-list, you must go back to your entire contacts list and redo the search. There should be a "back button" functionality to allow you to return to where you were before you edited that contact.
Visitor
I am trying to call all of the people that did not open our email to them. I click on their name in the no open list and call them. Problem when I click the back button it takes me all the way to the opened list. Then I have to click on the unopened list to carry on with my calling. You need a button that takes one back to the previous list.
Occasional Visitor
You need a "back to list" icon for when someone is doing maintenance on a contact list. I'm in an individual contact now, and when I'm done editing it the only way to get back to the list I'm working on is to use the back arrow on my browser. However, when I do that, the list that displays does not show my corrections on it despite the fact that the program shows the little clock as it is "saving" my corrections. I'm going to have to actually go out of the contact list and then back in again, I think, for the corrections to show.
If you discover that the email address is incorrect and you click on the contact to make the change you should be able to hit a "back" button to take you back to the bounce list instead of having to select the CC campaign and then select the bounce list again.
Frequent Visitor
When adding or editing contacts, should be able to back up to previous page instead of clicking on Contacts and opening the list again.
Regular Visitor
There is a need for a back button to go from the contact page back to the list it came from
Frequent Visitor
Must scroll to end of each page then if make any changes, must start all over at page one again. Not easy to move a contact from one list to another
Established Member
I have several lists and the way to upload the is difficult. If I only had a few list, then it wouldn't be a big deal. But the new layout is very hard to navigate.
Occasional Contributor
This needs to be dramatically improved. Can you please provide an option to allow the user to have the old style pages you used to have? I have to click back and forth and back and forth to see the stats from my email. Why not show all totals and clicks on 1 page?
I have no idea how to find my bounce reports in your new contact management system - it's much harder to use than the old one. I'd love to find my bounces without having to call customer service.
Occasional Visitor
the old way was better and easier to navigate
Regular Visitor
We should be able to go back in any part of the system. In the old system there was an "exit" option. Bring back the EXIT option to the contact related pages.
I want to review opt-outs but can not "go back" after viewing contact details. I have to go all the way back to the email, select opt outs and then view a single contact. This is unacceptable
Regular Visitor
I am working on updating our contacts page by page. When I go in on a separate day, I have to go thru pages I've already done. Is there a way to save a spot and get back to it without all the repeated scrolling?
All Star
When viewing bounces, when i click on a contact to view it, there is no back to bounces button. It would be nice to have that, otherwise, I have to click through from the email to the bounces every time. thank you.
Regular Visitor
I do not like how to add customers now. It is redundant in some parts. And you have to scroll and open and scroll and open. Ahaha! I liked the old way better.
All Star
You need to program the software so when you make a change for a one contact in the list of contacts, you are then returned to the same same place in the contact list and not brought back to the beginning to list.
Occasional Visitor
When cleaning up emails in bounce back lists, it would be far better if when one clicks on a name to see the source list, that it take you back to where you left off. Instead it goes to the top of the list and requires one to search to find the spot in the list where you left off. Very annoying.
Regular Visitor
ok I take back what I said about viewing all who are in one list but the process of checking which list a contact is in by checking on their name seems to have vanished. also there's no way to get BACK to previous intermediate step ; the back arrow takes you all the way to the begining
When I'm searching my contacts - and find someone with a last name beginning with a y, then click on their name, then click on the back button - the page goes back to a. I wish it would go back to y. Hope that makes sense.
the new inability to "back page" from a specific contact back to your "click" list is absolutely archaic in this day and age. some one deserves a moldy bologna sandwhich for approving this. everything else is great... thank you.
All Star
When I merge a contact I'm creating with a preexisting contact, the site automatically takes me to the contact page. But when I am creating hundreds of contacts, the time it takes me to go back to the main contacts page and select create new contact adds up. There should be a direct link to create a new contact from the contact pages.
Please have back button work so that page returns to section of report where I was previously, not jumping me to top; e.g. I look at reports on email, click on "Bounced", click on specific entry to correct typo or add to contact detail, click "save", then click "back" -- instead of backing up one step in the work flow sequence, I am bumped up to the top of the report. Please give me the option to use old interface. This new interface -- besides taking forever to load -- dumps functionality that was extremely useful. e.g. I want to export "Bounces" not the entire list so that I can review / correct list and upload corrected file.
Frequent Visitor
If you have to do any kind of maintenance on your list it takes a tremendous amount of time to get back to where you were working. A back button to the previous screen would help a lot!
Regular Visitor

I agree.

All Star
You have made it much more difficult to handle my Bounces to keep my list clean. I can't figure out how to get back to the list of Bounces after clicking on an individual to determine what to do with them. Another example, of your change for the sake of change, breaking what works in order to add some other slight value. Frustrating, and time consuming!
Visitor
Some of the new features of the Contacts site is workable but most of it is not. Too many extra strokes are needed to accomplish the same thing we used to be able to do with one!
Visitor
I am trimming our contact list and this process is taking hours. I am reviewing each contact's history, the back arrow takes me back to the top of the alphabet rather than to the last contact file name, there's no way to isolate one letter at a time (i.e.A, B, C, etc).Tthere should be a "delete" field on each contact file's rather than all the way up on the tool bar. This is the most laborious project ever!
Dear Constant Contact, I continue to find this so-called "upgrade" of the reports/ list management incredibly slow and cumbersome with a poorly designed workflow. If I have filtered the report of a recently sent email for "undeliverables" and I then click on the link to read the record of whether that contact had received / opened emails, there is then no way to go back to the list I was working on. I click "back" in the browser and I am popped back to the top level / default of the report -- and NOT to the previous filtered report that I was reviewing. I have anywhere between 5 - 10 EXTRA clicks to get back / forth between the list level and the contact level with a VERY SLOW responding page build each time. Truly this version is a big step BACKWARDS in usability for list management. I continue to be amazed at how poorly it performs. I am so frustrated with this new version that I am now looking at other mailing services and considering switching. As painful as that would be, it may be less pain in the long run than continuing to use this version of Constant Contact. It may also be cost me less as well in monthly service fees.
Occasional Participant
In trying to delete or up date contacts... the current process is difficult. Not easy find and have to go name by name the full list to get to the person you want. If a name... say in the S's get updated. The system pops you back to the A's instead of going forward to where you were. really need a better sorting system
All Star
Occasionally I try to audit the Contacts list. Tonight, for example, I was exploring the Did Not Open list from my last newsletter. 1. If I see a contact needing some change, I click on the name to bring up an editing window. So far, so good. But in order to get back to where I was on the list, I have to go to the Reports page, then click the list I want, then scroll to where I had left off. 2. The list shows 100 names at a time. Add to #1 that, in order to get to a name in the second 100, I have to scroll to the bottom of the first list and click an arrow for the next 100. Then I have to scroll to find my place again. At the VERY LEAST, the button to skip to the next list should be located at the top of the list as well as the bottom. Even better would be a direct return to the name I clicked for editing, or at lest into that vicinity.
Contributor
When working with a large list, it would be most helpful to have a "BACK" button that actually takes the user back to the last location they were at. If I have a list of 2000 contacts and display 50 per page, that's 40 pages to flip through. If I'm working on page 18, click on a contact name, make a correction, then return to my list, I have to flip through 18 pages all over again to find the place I was at. I also have to scroll down to the bottom of each page in order to advance because there is not a forward (next page) option at the top of the page. This does not seem like a lot to ask (really common sense) as these very are common programming features that make software much more user friendly. Thanks for considering this much needed improvement.
It's difficult to go back to the activities list. Why don't you include a search option on main site?
GGR
Occasional Visitor
Frustrating.