cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Back to where I left off!

Back to where I left off!

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

306 Comments
Regular Visitor
when I go back to the previous list of contacts, it doesn't return to where I was in the list, but to the top of the page. .
All Star
There is no reason why we have to scroll down over and over through the contact lists after stopping to correct an error or add to someone's information. I was working today and found someone entered 3 times with 3 different email addresses. I was unable to put them together into one address, but everytime I opened one address, corrected it, or tried to do so and then went back to the list, it would go right to the top again. Also, why can't we move forward or back on the pages of contacts from the top and the bottom...again forcing us to scroll incessantly. How about a little work on this to make working on our lists a bit easier and less time consuming.
When my contacts are displayed alphabetically and I delete a record beginning with "R", when the list is displayed again, it starts with "A" so I have to page through a couple of thousand contacts to get back where I left off to continue managing my contacts.
Occasional Visitor
I am scrolling through contacts, occasionally clicking to see if one has opened emails, then I have to go back and click through three pages of the alphabet to mark that person for deletion. Why can't the program stay on the page I was checking?
Visitor
After adding a contact it would be nice if we were returned to where we left off on the list of contacts, rather than being returned to the top of the page. Current method requires that when reviewing the list and discovering that you need to add a contact, you must scroll to the top of the page to click on the add contact button, add the contact and then scroll back down to the place you were before you added the contact. Makes the process very slow when adding a lot of contacts.
Visitor
I am researching the bounced emails to make sure they should be removed. I click on the name on the bounced list and then look at the number of times it has bounced. I then click on the email and then click delete email. Then I click on the back arrow and it takes me back to the beginning of the bounce list. Is there a way I can direct myself back to where I was in the list instead of having to scroll down the list again and again? Karen
When working in contact list, it would nice to have a return to previous place/page.
Frequent Visitor
Managing bounce backs in contacts is very problematic and time consuming as hitting the back arrow has me going to the beginning and top of page, even if I'm on the second or third page of editing/deleting bounce backs. Huge time waster!! Need to program something that gets you back to the very last place you were, rather than the beginning of the whole thing.
Occasional Organizer
In reviewing our bounced contacts to determine removal each time I open the contact to review their history, then return to the bounce list, I'm returned to the top of the 1st page and not the page/contact I was reviewing. Can this be fixed? Or is there something I can do to get around this. Very time consuming when I'm reviewing hundreds of contacts!
Occasional Contributor
When I choose a single contact o examine and finish with it, I want to return to where I was in my contact list, not go back to the top of that page or even back to the beginning.Take me to the last place I was, no to the beginning of anything!
Occasional Visitor
I am going through my bounce report and clicked on a contact to view the email history. I would like to return to the bounce report I was viewing but there is no BACK button and my web browser back button doesn't take me anywhere. This may be something to fix in the future to enhance the usability of bounce reports and general website mobility.
All Star
Please put a search tool on the page in the actual person's record so that once I'm finished looking at a particular contact record I don't have to hit the back button to get to search field on main page
Frequent Visitor
contact list, not the specific list I was working on.
All Star
Takes too long to see who has clicked on email. Hitting back button makes you keep clicking and clicking again. It would be useful to be able to see all the people who clicked in detail
Occasional Contributor

The same happens here.  After I post this, I will be brought back to the beginning,  It also happens when I copy and paste into a block I am editing for our newsletter.  Instead of being able to continue at that point, it shoots back to the beginning of the block. The same when I view the unique clicks list.

@TALP9 wrote:

When I finish editing one name I cannot go back to the place I left off. I have to go to the beginning of the list and click thru several pages before I find it.

In just about every action I would like to continue where I left off.

Occasional Visitor
Two things... first... once you edit a name in a list, you cannot easily return to the list you were using unless you opened a new window or tab when selecting the name... I have lots of lists (well... not that many,,, but enough they outstrip the space on the left) So, second... make that area longer to show all or more lists.... today I was working with my "Vendors" list... at the bottom... so I had to repeatedly show all lists, scroll to vendors, click on vendors to get back to my list... ALSO... can you allow users to customize the list display more... I want to see the tags for each name... for ex.

it's hard to download exsample product to run off of.

If my cursor accidentally clicks on a record - or if I choose a record to see the details -- then it won't take me back to where I left off. I end up on Unsubscribes or the first page of Opens and I have to navigate through all the pages to get to where I left off.
All Star
When adding or editing information in the contact list, it is time consuming to have to go back to the main list to get to the next contact. Be nice to have a next button.
Occasional Contributor
Is there a way for us to go back to where we left off when managing bounces? Right now if I am on page 2 of bounces and I click in an email and then go back the page goes back to page one rather than where I left off. Also, it would be great to see statistics of emails that have never opened, haven't opened in 6 months, 180 days, 90 days, and 30 days. If we could sort our not opens by that I think it would help creating healthier lists.
Occasional Visitor
When deleting a duplicate name it goes back to "A" instead of returning to where I was.
Occasional Contributor
When I make a correction on one of my entries, I save the work. Rather than leaving me where I last was on the list, the program takes me all the way to the beginning. I would suggest a code modification that would allow a user to return to the point of their last record completed instead of taking a user all the way back to the beginning of the alphabet.
Frequent Visitor
It would be nice to have the lists in complete alphabetic order: and once a name from listing was deleted for the complete listing to not go back to the begging but to the place last visited.
Regular Visitor
Perhaps it is due to the various layers of menus, but even though I use this site at least once weekly, I still have to search around for things such as deleting bounced contacts or viewing reports. I eventually find what I need, but it is not a streamlined processes.
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to edit a list that has multiple screens. When I edit a screen and select individual to delete from the "list," once the deletion is complete, the screen reverts to "all contacts" and I must re-select the list I was working on to continue my edits. A little maddening.
Contributor
It would be SO HELPFUL when you are investigating bounces if you didn't have to backspace to get to the search feature on the contact page. SO MUCH TIME WASTED. Can't you please add this??????
Occasional Visitor
After a new contact has been saved, I would appreciate a hot button near the same area as the save button to return to the main contact list. Right now, I use my back arrow on the browser or have to go to the top for "contacts" and scroll.
Occasional Visitor
When editing a contact it would be very helpful to be returned to the page you were on instead of to the first page again.
When editing individual contacts from a list, I open the contact, make the edit, then save. The problem is, if I'm on page 10 of my list...progressing through the list making changes...once a contact is edited, and I hit the back arrow button on my browser, it throws me all the way back to page 1 of the list (instead of going back to the page I was just on). Therefore, I have to page, page, page, page 10 times...until I get back to my last edited contact on page 10. It's very time-consuming and frustrating.
I'm editing a large list of contacts. However, if I set a contact list to 200 or 500 contacts per page (anything more than the standard 50), then open a contact to edit it, save it, and hit the back arrow to return back to my list, I have to scroll all the way back down and RESET the page back to 500 contacts per page (or whatever the chosen number is). And I have to do this EVERY time I edit a contact. I hoped viewing 500 contacts per page vs. 50 would enable me to edit a contact and go back to the list without having to page, page, page, page back to whatever page I was on...to the last contact I had edited...but this is just as cumbersome. I have two suggestions: 1) After a contact is edited and saved, automatically have the window close and return back to the exact spot on the page that the person had been on...that way, we can continue down the contact list without having to adjust page settings or page, page, page to get back to where we were. AND 2) Put a page over arrow at the TOP of the page as well as leaving the one at the bottom. At least that way we won't have to scroll all the way down to page over.
Occasional Contributor

I agree with managing the contact list. If you have 50 pages of contacts, it requires way too much time to click back to pages in between 1 and 50, where you might have left off. I typically give up after a while.

Going through contact list to see which are still active according to paper copy - when I want to remove contact I update what list they belong to but when I go back to contacts I have to page down again to get to next name. You are not keeping track of where I was. Very annoying for me to work with. thanks, Doris Weiss Paleteers Art Club
when the previous contact has merged with previous information in the system. It seems you have to go all the way back to 'add contact'. Even though I have chosen 'save' and 'add another', these instructions are disregarded when a contact I am working on merges with previous information in the system.
Frequent Visitor
The click-through list is randomly posted. It would be great to be able to sort it and then export a report to show management the results.
Occasional Contributor
It would be great if you could return to whatever search query you put in after clicking out of a Contact you selected based on that query. RIght now, you have to resubmit your Search query each time, even though you might want to access multiple Contacts on a single search. (ie you want to manipulate all entries for a single last name. Now you have to retype that last name every time you go back to the contact main screen.)
Occasional Visitor
It took me over 4 hours to review my list and remove 48 names from my list of 2500 names. It used to only take me about 30-45 minutes for this same task. Once you select a name for deletion and/or unsubscribe, it brings you back to the first page of the contacts even when hitting back button. When you are dealing with 2500 names, this is extremely inconvenient. HATE HATE HATE this site now.
It would be great if there was a report feature where you can pick what type of report you want to do and pick the date range you want. Ex; Did Not Open emails from 6/1/2014-6/1/2015. Also adding a Back button that takes you back to exact place you just previously were. Ex: In Emails, Reports, Sent, Did not Open, selecting a contact looking at unopened emails then hitting arrow at top of page brings me back to the Sent page rather than back to the unopened emails.

Hi, I'm new to constant contact and I'm really disappointed in how poor the workflow is for managing contacts. I imported my contact from outlook and various on-line email services. OK. That was fine. The problem is the grooming of the contacts database. Issues: - no quick way to combine contacts (two e-mails for the same person) - no quick way to delete a contact - have to scroll to the top and then pick "delete" from a drop down menu, then you get returned to the "A" section of the contact list, need to tab forward several pages to get back to where I was. - what's the difference between an "list" and a "tag" they seem to be redundant features. - every click to do a function results in loading another webpage. I'm tired of waiting.

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Visitor

I agree, making us go through dozens of clicks each and every client contact update just to get back to the same place we just left seems to demonstrate a serious lack of understanding of the real world uses of your application, and/or an utter lack of appreciation of the value of your customers' time!

bacto page 1. It is aggravating. I want to go back where I was. You use to have on the bottom of the each page 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc so at least I could click on to the page I was working on yesterday and not have scroll down each page and then go to next until I reach the page I was on.
Regular Visitor
I am reviewing our 2703 active emails, one by one, and each time I tag one, the system takes me to the top of the page I was on, instead of back to the place I left - very frustrating and a huge waste of time. If I delete a contact, it takes me back to the top of the first page.
When I am looking through my Bounce list, if I click into a contact, there is no way to click back to where I left off. In fact, when I click back arrow, it takes me to my Unsubscribes. Can you create a breadcrumb to go back to previous point in list?
Occasional Visitor
What a frustrating experience! I check the boxes, go up to the top, and hit remove emails. Only about half the time does it do that. So then I click the trash can on each individual item, yes that works but each time it takes me back to the top rather than to the last item I deleted. Not a very good program at all; very time consuming and frustrating
Occasional Contributor
Hi: I am reviewing a list of 350 contacts, and tagging groups of they by address. Every time I select a set of contacts and tag them, I am returned to the first page of contacts. I would prefer to stay on the page of contacts that I'm on, to do subsequent selections and tags, but I keep being returned to the first page. Another nice feature would be the option of showing all contacts in a list on one page, rather then needing to scroll through. That would make for easier review and tagging. Thanks.
As I am going over "opened list" to make sure all the names are spelled correctly and there are no typos, I find it impossible to be taken back to the same place on the list after making an edit. In other words, after I edit a name say halfway throught he list, I want to continue exactly where I left off. However, constant contact brings me all the way to the TOP of the page and I need to scroll down again to get back to the same place where I left off. Does this make sense?
Occasional Contributor
Suggestion: For all Reports, please add the "Back" button feature within Constant Contacts so that we can go back to the previous screen. The back button on the browser takes us back to the Default screen, which we then have to take numerous clicks to get back to the Reports screen.
All Star
Every time I complete a transaction the list starts back on page 1, and I must load (SLOWLY!) all the pages one by one until I get where I want. Can't I pick a page and go directly to it?
Status changed to: New