Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
AmyM42
Rookie
Hi - I am gong through my contacts to weed out people who have not been opening emails for a long time. it would be helpful if when I hit the return arrow i would consistently go back to the page I was already on, not all the way to the beginning of the alphabet on page 1. Thanks!
AmyM42
Rookie
the contacts for which I have an email address but no name do not stay organized in the same way, so it's impossible for me to know which ones I have recently looked at for activity. they keep coming up organized differently than the last time I looked at them. time waster! Can this be fixed?
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @AmyM42,

I apologize for the frustration, this is something that's being looked into by our engineering team and they are working on making this easier and better to use. At this time the best way to keep track of them would be by exporting the contacts you want to look at to be able to mark which ones you've already gone through. I appreciate you bringing this up and I have passed this feedback along!

RobertC85
Campaign Contributor
hi guys, something i'm finding frustrating and inefficient here is that when i go into a contact from the whole list view and then back to the list view, it resets to the first page of contacts no matter what page i was on when i clicked the individual contact. this costs me time to get back to the contact i was looking at on the list page. wouldn't matter as much if you could delete contacts from inside the contact view, which is often what i'm doing when this happens. additionally, it's slowing me down that contacts without names added apparently resort randomly every time a page loads, sometimes resulting in a silly situation where i have to hop back and forth between pages of contact lists while the contact i am finding switches back and forth too, appearing on different pages. thanks for thinking about this stuff! could make the experience much smoother for folks like me.
RitaB02
Rookie
When updating the client list, (if I am in a specific client) when you hit the back button or even the "contacts" selection it takes you back to the top of the page, not where you were previously, which equates to a decent amount of scrolling. Also, if someone is deleted, and I'm on page 3, it takes you back to page 1 of your client list. Seems like there is some additional streamlining that can be done to make it more efficient when updating.
RobertC85
Campaign Contributor
I'm cleaning up a long list of contacts with several hundred at the end that don't have names. I click on one to determine if it's valuable based on its history, then back up to the contact list to move or delete it. The problem is that contacts with no names apparently randomly jumble up whenever the list page is loaded, so the contact I was just looking at is no longer in the place it was, and may be on another page of the contacts list (which I am viewing at the maximum of 500). To make matters ridiculous, when I change list pages, the unnamed contacts all jumble again, so i often end up chasing contacts around trying to find them while they continually reorganize themselves onto different pages. Can you please just lock the dang things down alphabetically so I stop going insane? Thank you.
RobertC85
Campaign Contributor
I'm working on cleaning up a list and most of the contacts I'm deleting are at the end, but every time I delete one, the site reverts to the first page. This is costing me time and effort to get back to where I need to be and it's annoying me because it's happening again and again since I have to keep doing this. Please change this. Thanks!
Blondie
Campaign Contributor
When I add to my list the system drops my email list about every other name so I have to go back and add it back again and again and again. This has been going on for several months.
SallyN620
Campaign Collaborator
I would like to be able to just call up portions of my contact list at a time (e.g., all contacts beginning with letter M) to work on maintaining my list rather than having to scroll and scroll to get to it. I would also like to be able to return to the same point in the contact list I left when I open a contact for review and then want to return to the list I was working with.
RobertC85
Campaign Contributor
when i'm looking at an email list and then hit reload, the site returns to the list of all my contacts. this costs me time and i'd appreciate a change. thanks.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More