cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to where I left off!

Back to where I left off!

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

306 Comments
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this drives me crazy too! Add it to the list of complaints.

Visitor
You need to go back to page numbers so when you edit or delete a contact it takes you back to the same page. Hate...hate...hate this new version.
Regular Visitor
I am deleting people who have not opened an email in a while, tagging people who have opened recently. Every time I finish doing that it takes me back to the first page of the contacts, not to the page I was on. I am looking at each individual contact, when I go back it always takes me to the first page of contacts.
Visitor
I liked the BACK feature that was on the old version when working with contacts. Also when you deal with BOUNCES and you hit the recommended actions, does the program take the action or do you have to authorize and if so how?
Occasional Visitor
So you go through the list to add contacts to a separate e-mail list, once you check the contact and add them to a specific list, you are taken back to the beginning of the list. Then you have to scroll back through all the contacts to get to where you left off adding contacts to specific lists. Slow and annoying.
This is really awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When something isn't broken, don't fix it. I used to able to enter and edit contacts so easily, now it's a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As is, editing contact info is simply not easy. If I am a couple pages into my contacts, and I have to click on a person's profile and open a new page to change any of their info, there's no option to go straight back to where I was in the list. I am taken back to the first page of contacts, and have to scroll through pages again to get back to where I was. However, there is an option to edit email addresses directly on the "Bounce" page, so why is there no option to do this in the general "Contact" page? If you can easily change info on one page, that should be true for all pages.
Visitor
There is no easy way to edit contacts. When I finally get to the contact to edit, after too many clicks, I then want to go back to my list and there isn't a click for that either. I have to go back, reselect the list and scroll or page back to where I was working from. Not good. All of the updates you have done are pretty cumbersome from what I have seen, so far
When I am sorting through my contacts and I am at letter R and if I then click on a name and then click back to the list it takes me back to A and not to R which is annoying because then i have to scroll all the way down to R again. This is not bad in itself, but the website has become so slow that if this happens several times it can become quite time consuming. Also missing: to show 100 or even 200 contacts per page. Not happy
Occasional Visitor
The back buttons have been removed and it makes the website very inefficient.
All Star
when I am in one list and click through each of the names to see when they opened which newsletter up, it takes way to manu clicks and time to get back to the next name in the list. Terrible!
Frequent Visitor
It is very difficult to move around in the new screens. If I am in bounces and pick a company to correct their email or remove (which I could not do) I can't get back to the original notice. I have to go back to emails and start over.
Visitor
After each one, it brings me back to the A people on the first page. There should really be a way to update and then go back to wherever you were on you list, whatever page and letter you were on.
Occasional Visitor
When I click on..who clicked a specific link.. I can't find the key to go back.
All Star
I am on the reports site for my latest email and I can't get back to the email page even when I click on the gray bar on the top with the link. So I have to go all the way out to the My Emails button on the top to get back to the main page of my emails. Not fun.
All Star
When in survey there is no way to get back to the survey once you click on the respondent details. Can that feature be added back? I have to either use the back button or click on the survey button and then again on my survey.
Please change the way how one can move through their contacts. When you scroll through your contacts and you are at the letter T and you open a contact and then go back it brings you back to A. Then it takes a long time to scroll back down to T. SUPER INCONVENIENT. Was not like that before, because - if I remember correctly - you could look at up to 200 contacts on one page. Thanks for your consideration.
Visitor
It would be helpful that when you are navigating through all the contacts, that when you want to go back, it goes back to the page you were just on, rather than back to the beginning of the list.
Visitor
I cannot skip to the page I desire, I was through nearly 30 pages worth of contact before the update. Now I have to skip ahead 30 pages. and every time I back the page up. I have to skip 30 more pages just to delete the contact. Then 30 more to check the next contact. It is inefficient and so much worse than the previous version. I recommend giving users the option to use this new format, or the previous format for managing contacts. I'm sure you would be stunned the amount of people who would switch back to the latter.
Regular Visitor

I do not consider the Contact page an improvement at all. First of all, I am not able to view all of my contacts on one page. Then, as I edit any of my contacts, save and go back, I am taken to the very beginning of page 1 instead of where I was just lastly at. I must scroll my way through the multiple pages to get back to where I wanted to be. This is very frustrating and a major time waster!

Regular Visitor
a few things that would be helpful to update in the new contacts functionality (emphasis on 2 & 3): 1- a place once in a particular contact record to quickly go back to the previous searched results page (without having to hit the back browser button) 2- Search box accessible while in a particular record that allows you to instantly begin another search from all contacts without having to go back to the main contacts page 3- Place to see ALL email Lists and ALL Tags at once and not just in one side bar on the main contacts page where you can only scroll
Occasional Contributor
I have to start all over because there is no back button after checking a bounced email.
All Star
To go back to the list, you need to re-open it again, instead of going "back." Site also is slow, like when first went from DOS to Windows. Hopefully you will become fast as windows has and this is not just a resource problem.
Visitor
I am looking at the Did Not Open Section but when I click on an email address to look in more detail, then click 'Back' it takes me to to opens list so I have to click on did not open again !!
Occasional Contributor
Need BACK button to return to BOUNCE Lising
Regular Visitor
The navigation on the new interface is awful. If everything return to first report screen. If you have multiple pages of reports of opens if you click one and finish the return arrow gets you to the first page of the reports, no the page you left off on, Time to look for another email solution.
All Star
You've taken away the "back" button and have clogged up management of my unsubscribes and bounces. I prefer not to export them... I like to remove them from my own database directly from the unsubscribe or bounce report. Now, when I try to copy an email address from an unsubsribe report, your system goes into la la land and I then have to backtrack with my browser to get back to where I started. So, where's the back button?
I don't like your new look. When I select a contact from the opened list, I can't return to the list (and least it is not intuitively obvious). Previously, there was a BACK arrow - now there is none - and we I use the windows back arrow, it doesn't work either. Plus it does not appear as if I can print a contact record and get the emails they received, the ones they opened and the number of times they opened the email(s) - as we could before. WHY ALL THE CHANGES WITHOUT KEEPING THE PREVIOUS FUNCTIONS?????
All Star
This is a major flaw! For example, when reviewing individual contacts from our Bounce report, there is no way to return to the original list without running the entire report again. Ditto for general contact management when cleaning up lists. Lack of a Back button, or Return to List functionality makes the site extremely inefficient. Please remedy this! Lynda Brunner office.manager@insitesoftware.com
Regular Visitor
The new version doesn´t allow me to erase or merge - one by one contact - and stay at the same page or position where I was. When I do this process it always return back at the 1st page (1-50 contacts) and because I have more than 9000 contacts, imagine how complicated and tedious it is to work. I will appreciate if anybody can help me in this matter. Thanks
All Star
I look at the forum for similar problems that I have (of which there are many) looking for solutions that have been posted by CC staff. When clicking the link to return to the form page, I go back to the top of the list (page 1) eventhough I may be on page... say 10. Why don't I return to the point on the list from which I came?
Regular Visitor
Super frustrating that I look at a contact on who clicked through an email, then I can NOT go back to the list. I have to start over on each one.
Regular Visitor
When selecting a specific contact from a list for detail review, we are unable to go back to the previous page with full list, although the back arrow is available. No other "Back" option either.
Occasional Visitor
Most 'upgrades' are a step forward. This is a step backward. The site is very slow on a Uverse connection. When working with contacts, each change takes me back to the first contact and I have to scroll page and scroll back to the last contact I edited to proceed. It looks like you cared more about having the trendy style than you cared about the user. It is very sad.
Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to edit and add contact details. Whenever I get done making changes to a contact there's no easy feature I've found (please help me if there is?) to go back to the email list serve you were making changes from. How do I effectively move back to the previous page without having to go through 3-4 pop-up windows to get back to the contact list?
Updating my bouncebacks, on pg 2, 51-100. When I finish updating the info and save, then hit the back button, takes me back to Pg 1. pain in the ass. what happens when I get to Pg. 5 or more. You should be able to return to the page you were on.
Frequent Visitor
The "Back to Managing Bounces" button is no longer available. Everything takes twice as long. It was so much better before the change.
Regular Visitor
This set up is too not time effective.
It is very annoying when managing contacts to have to continuously go back to the main list and then click into each individual contact to edit. There should be an option on each individual contact edit page to proceed to the next one. Also after saving, it should return to what page of the contact list you were previously on - not the beginning! It is getting very frustrating!
All Star
DO a search, click a contact to edit and now no way to go back to search results. If click contact it reruns the search. If click browser back button it reruns the search. I want to go back to the search results and work on another contact. Waiting 3 mins for the system to search again and redisplay my results wastes my time.
Occasional Visitor
every time I remove a contact the screen brings me back to page on of contact list instead of the page I was on when removing the name.... very annoying. I would prefer to be directed back to the page I was on when I removed a contact because I have already gone through the previous pages.
Contributor
Back button needs to be restored so we can go back to EXACTLY where we left off. Its silly to have to search for the spot we need to be at every time we leave the page.
Visitor
please add a back button when you go into an individual contact so it takes you back to the right spot. At the moment when you go back in your browser it takes you back to the beginning of the list and you have to find your spot again.
Am currently reviewing the clicks on the email I sent yesterday. After selecting and reviewing a contact (Mike Reilley), I cannot get back to the list - the windows back arrow is not functioning - just "blinks" and I remain on the screen with the basic info for Mike Reilley. This is happening on a regular basis -- e.g., sometimes the back arrow works, but most often it does not and I must start from the beginning. Very frustrating and time consuming to have to repeat functions. Again, this was NOT A PROBLEM in the "old system".
When I am deleting contacts why does it return me to the beginning of my list rather than leaving me on the page where I last deleted? Repeatedly having to scroll through contacts is NOT FUN.
Regular Visitor
When I open a mail list report we are very interested in the "all opens" list. If I create a list of all opens and click on a names in that list when I hit the return or back button to get back the report defaults to the first page of the "unique opens" page I have to navigate back again to all opens. Every time I open a record and click back the system defaults back to the beginning of the unique opens list. We should be directed back to where I left off in the "all opens" list. Since "all opens" are important to us this is a big deal and an inconvenience navigating.
When I return to my contact list after editing a contact, I am returned to the top of the list. It would be great if I was, instead, returned to the point in the list where I was last working.
Would be nice if when I'm on pg 2, or 3 of a list, if, instead of going back to the first page and having to click the arrow one or 2 times to return to where I was, it would go right back to where I was. Did that make sense?
All Star
I find it less user friendly and I don't like that every time I change a contact it brings me back to the beginning of the "A"s not matter where I was working. I also don't like that I cannot change the number of records I see on one page like I used to. I would at least prefer if I could pick a page instead of having to scroll through every page. Also would be helpful if the page forward was at both the top and bottom of the page like before. Sometimes, if something is working...it shouldn't be "improved".

Once I look at an individual contact, I want to be able to return to the list I was looking at; example if I pull up the undeliverable list and check one of the contacts so identified it would be a whole lot easier to manage those appearing on the undeliverable list if I could return to the list after checking on the history of the contact. I used to be able to do that under the old version!