cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Back to where I left off!

Back to where I left off!

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

306 Comments
Design the contact list so that when you leave the contact list to do another function or activity, and then return to the contact list, you return to where you left off the last time you viewed the contact list. It is time consuming to have to go back to the beginning of the contact list every time you leave it and then return to it. Thank you for considering this suggestion.
Frequent Visitor
Desirable to select contiguous and non-contiguous groups of contacts with a simple shift click.
Regular Visitor
The process is very slow and there are no back buttons to return to the previous menu, and the dial just spins when you go back to contacts. Very frustrating to use.
All Star

Those seconds of waiting really add up.  If you poll your users, I'd bet 90% don't need the default view to spend time automatically selecting the Active list.  Change the default not to run a select statement so that there's no delay in getting into the Search Contacts box, which is where I always want to start.  For the 10% who want the Active list pulled, require them to click on Active rather than having everyone else wait.  Ok, maybe it's not a 90/10 split.  But if you combine this problem with users' common complaint about losing their place in lists after going into a specific record and then backing out, I bet we might be close.  I'll put $50 on the table right now.

Michael

All Star
It would be great to have a default when selecting who the reports go to other then the top name or selecting it each time.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @HugoA51

Are you looking to select contacts in your account -- if so, what do you want to do with them after selecting? Or do you want to use this process to import the contacts?

Occasional Contributor
Save and next - or after editing contact, please take me back to list I was working on.
Visitor
Often I review all my contacts to remove those who have not opened email in the last year. Once I manage that contact, I have to go back to the contact page and scroll down all over again to the next contacts. Often I am just looking at the A's or C's or R's and not an individual name...therefore must scroll each time. Would love to just return to where I was recently working.....make sense?
All Star
When I go through the list of unopened emails there is no way to get back to the report after I click on a name and view their activity. When I try to go back, I always get the "Clicked" report. I should be able to go right back to the list at the same point where I left it.
Occasional Visitor
Hello...I love all parts of Constant Contact except when it comes to managing contacts. I think there should be a more efficient way to edit a large amount of contacts, instead of editing, saving and waiting for the change to take place and then having to scroll all the way down to get to where you left off. Maybe being able to hide a certain section, or being able to quickly get the section needed....

Occasional Advisor
When i click on campaigns it brings me to four emails, then i have to click again to get to main page. Reason? Also, when going thru contacts, if i modify a contact, it of course takes me to the page, but when i go back to contacts, i have to start from the top again. Anyway to fix this. Thanks, Randy
Solution Provider
When reviewing contacts in this list and making changes, reverting to the prior screen requires me to open the "Did Not Open" list every time. Why can't it stay open?
Visitor
Would be so much easier to got through open results if you could click on each entry and go back to where you originally were. Either on the e-mail entry or somewhere else. Just gave verbal feedback on this, hope the engineers and developers can look into this. Much needed, not rocket science. Thanks for your expertise and service.
When I delete a contact it automatically goes back to the beginning of the list; I should be able stay on the page that the contact was deleted from, otherwise, I have to scroll through from the beginning to get back to position of the list I was at; this is most annoying.
Occasional Visitor

When working with Contacts I sometimes want to work on less than the whole list, but on more than just a few on a single display page.  I'd like to have the option to Shift-Click to select a range of contacts on a page (standard windows concept).  I'd also like to control how the "select all" check box works to at least limit its selection to the displayed page instead of every item in the contacts list.

scroll down from the beginning of the page. Very inconvenient. Can't it just return us to the last name we were on?

I am reviewing my list of contacts removing duplicates and people who are no longer with us. Whenever I delete someone, the list automatically jumps back to page 1 of the list. It would be incredibly helpful if it would just stay on the page I was working on. Each time I have to scroll back through several pages to get back to where I was and I'm only in the Bs!

Visitor
When tagging a group of contacts, please don't return to the top of the list after the tag is attached
Occasional Contributor
For the love of Pete, please...when I'm editing an email message, and I click Exit, please take me back to the previous screen or list I was working in. I don't want to go waaay back to the front page, where I see random emails (sent/draft) and a recent email report. I want to go back to maybe, the drafts folder where all my other draft emails live. Oy, so many clicks just to get back to where I need to be. Sigh. Please fix this soon.

You're doing a great job, so no disrespect! However, I'm having a difficuclt time with an assignment...

I have over 8,000 contacts. If someone hasn't opened our newsletter in 2 years, I want them gone. Constant Contact does not have a feauture for that. 

I'm currently going through all 8,000 contacts, but to get to the next page, I have to scroll down to the bottom. I need you guys to make it easier to go from page to page. Each page has a minimum of 50 contacts, and scrolling down the page slows down the loading (once I get to the next page). I would try 100 contacts at once, but I feel like that would be chaotic.

It's great that I can select a contact & it stays selected. That makes it easier to delete contacts & stay in order. But once I delete a contact, I get sent back to page 1. So if I delete one contact between 201-250, I automatically go back to 0-50, then I have to wait until I get back to the contacts between 201-250.

Reminder: 8,000 contacts & i have to scroll down to the bottom, before I can go from 0-50 to 51-100.

Please make this more convenient & save us some time. Thank You

Every time I use "Back" arrow, it takes me all the way to the front landing page. I wish it would only go back one step. It is frustrating to work on the event and land on "Last Modified" every time I go "Back". I wish I had a choice to lock the front page to Newest to Oldest when I work on events.Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.58.00 AM.png

Righ now my workflow has extra steps that could be eliminated: Here is a sample

Events - Start Date Newest - I would choose an event here -  I would go to Dashboard - change attendee's  payment option to PAID - Hit Back button, it would take me to Dashboard/Reporting page - If I hit Back (I want to go back to my EVENTS - Start Date Newest), instead it takes me all the way to my beginning Landing page (Last Modified), so I have to select my criteria all over again, EVERY time I work on Constant Contact.  We have a lot of events, some of them happening on the same day. Please fix it!

Thank you.

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

All Star

The inability to go back and forth easily between the contact list and the details of a contact is very very frustrating! Doing any kind of major cleanup of my contact list is almost impossible when the list reloads every time, takes me back to Active instead of looking at View All Contacts, and always takes me back to the top of the list so I have to scroll back down to where I was in the list. I wish you would update your software so it is more user friendly.

After I update a specific contact it goes back to the beginning of my contacts. It would be helpful it went back to the contact I left off with so I don't have to go back through them all again.
Administrator

Administrator

How about when we are scrolling through contacts and we click on a contact and come back to the main page we had just left, we pick up where we left off rather than finding ourselves at the top of the list again. That would be so much more efficient than having to scroll down to find where we left off
Visitor
Often it is necessary to make global changes to a subset of contacts, like changing the company name for all contacts with a particular tag. Right now, this is a tedious process of accessing each contact individually, change the value, hit save and then go back to the list. This is made doubly difficult by an apparent bug in the way contacts are filtered. When I clicked a tag to filter the list, I was only able to change two contacts before the list reverted to all contacts and I had to select the filter again. A list editor a la spreadsheet would make this process much easier. Or at least fix the bug so the list filter stays on.
Frequent Visitor

when deleting contacts it would be very helpful if it didn't send me back to the first page every time. It is very time consuming when i am scrubbing doubles and I have to navigate back to the page I was on every time. Why can't it keep us where we left off. It sends us back to the first page every time

Regular Visitor
You should fix the contact list so that when I'm on page 3, and I leave the page to see another view of a customer, when I hit the back arrow, it takes me back to page 3, NOT to page 1, forcing me to scroll thru to find my former spot. Very frustrating.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @DanC040,

Thank you for this feedback. As a workaround, you are able to export the list of contacts that you want to update, update that information in the Excel file you exported, then re-upload the file and make sure to match the updated column with the correct field. This will update all the contacts on the file in one go. I've passed your feedback along for voting.

Occasional Organizer

If I have my contacts screen open and I'm attempting to move 3/4 of the contacts that are visible to a different list, I have to MANUALLY click every contact (huge time waster). If you click the "select all" button at the top of the column, it literally selects all your contacts not just the ones that are shown. There is no way to select a bunch of contacts at once.

Also, once I manually click all the contacts I want to move I go ahead and move them. Once I move them I want them to be gone from the current list, so then I have to MANUALLY click them all over again. This is ridiculous and takes forever and needs to be fixed. 

PLC
I am trying to delete some older contacts from our contacts list (started at around 15k contacts) and every time I delete contacts it takes me back to the first page (Last Names starting with A). It would be EXTREMELY helpful if either when you delete something you stay on the page where you deleted the contacts OR have page listings on the bottom so i can directly jump to a specific section of contacts.
Occasional Visitor
Hi - I am gong through my contacts to weed out people who have not been opening emails for a long time. it would be helpful if when I hit the return arrow i would consistently go back to the page I was already on, not all the way to the beginning of the alphabet on page 1. Thanks!
Occasional Visitor
the contacts for which I have an email address but no name do not stay organized in the same way, so it's impossible for me to know which ones I have recently looked at for activity. they keep coming up organized differently than the last time I looked at them. time waster! Can this be fixed?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @AmyM42,

I apologize for the frustration, this is something that's being looked into by our engineering team and they are working on making this easier and better to use. At this time the best way to keep track of them would be by exporting the contacts you want to look at to be able to mark which ones you've already gone through. I appreciate you bringing this up and I have passed this feedback along!

All Star
hi guys, something i'm finding frustrating and inefficient here is that when i go into a contact from the whole list view and then back to the list view, it resets to the first page of contacts no matter what page i was on when i clicked the individual contact. this costs me time to get back to the contact i was looking at on the list page. wouldn't matter as much if you could delete contacts from inside the contact view, which is often what i'm doing when this happens. additionally, it's slowing me down that contacts without names added apparently resort randomly every time a page loads, sometimes resulting in a silly situation where i have to hop back and forth between pages of contact lists while the contact i am finding switches back and forth too, appearing on different pages. thanks for thinking about this stuff! could make the experience much smoother for folks like me.
Visitor
When updating the client list, (if I am in a specific client) when you hit the back button or even the "contacts" selection it takes you back to the top of the page, not where you were previously, which equates to a decent amount of scrolling. Also, if someone is deleted, and I'm on page 3, it takes you back to page 1 of your client list. Seems like there is some additional streamlining that can be done to make it more efficient when updating.
All Star
I'm cleaning up a long list of contacts with several hundred at the end that don't have names. I click on one to determine if it's valuable based on its history, then back up to the contact list to move or delete it. The problem is that contacts with no names apparently randomly jumble up whenever the list page is loaded, so the contact I was just looking at is no longer in the place it was, and may be on another page of the contacts list (which I am viewing at the maximum of 500). To make matters ridiculous, when I change list pages, the unnamed contacts all jumble again, so i often end up chasing contacts around trying to find them while they continually reorganize themselves onto different pages. Can you please just lock the dang things down alphabetically so I stop going insane? Thank you.
All Star
I'm working on cleaning up a list and most of the contacts I'm deleting are at the end, but every time I delete one, the site reverts to the first page. This is costing me time and effort to get back to where I need to be and it's annoying me because it's happening again and again since I have to keep doing this. Please change this. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
When I add to my list the system drops my email list about every other name so I have to go back and add it back again and again and again. This has been going on for several months.
Regular Visitor
I would like to be able to just call up portions of my contact list at a time (e.g., all contacts beginning with letter M) to work on maintaining my list rather than having to scroll and scroll to get to it. I would also like to be able to return to the same point in the contact list I left when I open a contact for review and then want to return to the list I was working with.
All Star
when i'm looking at an email list and then hit reload, the site returns to the list of all my contacts. this costs me time and i'd appreciate a change. thanks.
All Star
When I search for a person, after I finish editing, it takes me back to the beginning of the list. What if I am in the letter M or T. That is a lot of scrolling to get back to check what I edited. And speaking of scrolling, why do I have to exercise my index multiple times in order to get to a letter in the middle or end of the alphabet. Your should have a grid with all the letter at the top and bottom of the page so we can get to the names we want quickly.
All Star
When editing contacts, it would be great if when you click save on the contacts profile and then go back to the contacts page, if the contacts page would rest where you ended instead of defaulting back to the top of the page. Makes it time consuming to scroll down to find where you were. Thank you!
All Star
It would also be really helpful if every time you made an edit to a list (like deleting contact names), it didn't take you back to the beginning of the list. Also, if you didn't have to go one by one through the pages to get back to the page you were working on
When I am updating my Email lists...everytime I do an action (delete/remove from list) it always brings me to the top of the list instead of where I was. Then super annoying I have to scroll to the bottom of that page to navigate to where I was on the previous page(s). You need to fix this issue. It is a huge time waster.