Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
TCPlayers
Rookie
When editing a group of contacts that have been tagged, after saving a change, I guess we need to click Contacts to get back to the main list, but then it always selects Active Contacts (which takes 10 seconds to display) and then select the tag list that I was editing. Painfully slow.
glecats
Campaign Expert
On the Bounced page the back key does not work. Please bring this back!
RobertC70
Rookie
From my email reports I look at bounces and see if I need to delete contacts or update email addresses. From there when I click thru to the contact info page where I can make adjustments I can't back arrow to the previous page back to my list of bounced emails. That would save a lot of time rather than clicking back on the email then on bounced number, then finally back to my list of bounced emails. Thank you.
MadelineM7
Rookie
this is not yet user friendly. When I hit save there is no obvious way to go back to the list I was working in to check other contacts etc. it goes back to the complete directory. The same is true when it warns you that you may have a duplicate.
StacyH66
Rookie
Once you click on a contact within the bounce list there is no way to go back that I can see to the list you were on without having to back to the email, select it, and then select bounces again. I can use my back button as well but it seems that you should have a link to take me back.
Springer
Rookie
I have to go back to the general contact list, and choose the list I'm editing again.
It would be helpful if, after looking at the details of a bounced email address so that I can see how many times mail to this person has bounced, if I could hit the "back" key and return to the Bounced Email list to delete this person, if appropriate. Hitting the "back" key does not do anything!
NORMANP
Campaign Contributor
I am checking a list of contacts who have opened a specific email, but when I look at on one on page 2 of my list then press back, I am taken to the top of page 1. I then have to scroll down to the 'next' arrow and press for page 2. Back should take you back to exactly where you were.
KVHawa
Campaign Contributor
When I click on the name of someone that opened my December Newsletter to see how many times they opened it, I cannot get back to my open list by using the back arrow. Seems I must go back to the home section and click on my opens again. Maybe you can make this a bit easier? Thanks! Karen
CarlaL60
Rookie
It's a shame that when you edit a contact you have to go back to the very first page of contacts and arrow forward to get to where you left off in reviewing the contact list for errors. Such a tedious process. If only there was a simpler way to make some edits w/o having to export your list and re-importing. Or at the very least, put an arrow button at the top of the contacts page too so you don't have to also scroll to the bottom to advance to the next page.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More