cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Contact Headers

Contact Headers

Need to have the ability to change header based on need. For instance, in my case cities and states are not as relevant as country. Yet, I cannot change the columns!
280 Comments
All Star
I would like the list to sort by chronological time opened. It serves no purpose to open 100's of names by their last or first name. I like to scan and see when the time they were clicked open and by whom.
Status changed to: New
I am sorry to hear this. We haven't seen any information moved around but one thing you could be seeing is Company contacts in your account now. These contacts were created with the update and don't count toward your billing. Its a way for you to see the contacts under a specific company and even how engaged they are. Can you check and see if this could be it? If not, please let me know an example of one contact you are seeing and I'm happy to take a look.
Occasional Contributor

Would like the ability to cusomize what fields I can see in a list.  Like Custom field and Company along with first, last and email.

CTCT Employee
Thank you for this suggestion. If you want more options for the main contacts screen, please let us know by voting for this idea.
I would like to be able to sort the email list by size (number of conatcts)
Occasional Contributor
Could the TAG field be added as an additional column in a list of Contacts with a drop-down of available tags?
All Star
Our list is a home owners association. Every contact in our list is in the same zip code. I need a screen that shows Names, street addresses, unit number, and whether they are in a home or condo. I uploaded all that information but it isn't available to me on the update screens. This is a real PITA.
Occasional Contributor
I would like the same format as before!!!! I need email, name and a place to put in a company name to help keep track of my contacts.
Frequent Visitor
I would like to see the phone numbers of my contacts
I'm able to add the custom fields, but I can't put them in the order I want them
when you switched to new method it duplicated all my contacts. Also starts at END of alphabeth??? If there is no name to go with business name the email doesn't display business name just email which makes it difficult to match up. Very much preferred old set-up!!!
Occasional Visitor
New contact tool needs some updates. I'd like to be able to have the option to see and sort on more data fields in the view. Right now you only give limited choices. Also, when I 'remove' contacts from a list that does not necessarily mean I want them 'opted-out' or unsubscribed. Those folks didn't unsubscribe, they bounced for some reason that we are trying to determine. It appear you are not opting the out? Thanks.
Occasional Contributor
Just trying to post this in takes toooo long!
Regular Visitor
I created an excel spread sheet to import and the labels at the top of my spread sheet are the ones I want to see when I import. I created them because they have information that will allow me to sort my contacts to the correct list. I would like to move contacts to another list but I cannot view my imported label without clicking on every single individual person! I do not use "city, state" it is a wasted space for my needs and I am stuck with it. I am really trying to work with your "new layout" but this is the second negative feedback report I have had to take the time to write. Now I am going to call to see if someone in customer service can help and they will ask me to write a feedback report.
Contributor
The Choose Your View gear icon needs to provide a much, much larger selection of options. Neither of these offered options serves my purposes. Or make it customizable.
Occasional Advisor
My government contacts have very long company names (nearly all the 50 allowed characters). Why is the column with Company Name in 'My Contact' so freakin small? It looks ridiculous and makes finding what you're looking for very hard. I have these huge rows of words broken in half covering 5 or 6 lines. Not letting the user adjust column width is just wrong.
Occasional Contributor

Can I sort by DATE - the way I've used CC it for past 4 years? New Default is Alphabetical which I always hoped would happen - but not at expense of Chronological DATE sort. Need both... and while you're at it, how about sort by SIZE, too?

Occasional Contributor
I don't really need to see "Company", for instance, but I do need to see a custom field. Allowing us to choose which fields we can see would be very helpful.
I do not use the default field names that are on the form. I need to be able to see other fields, i.e., we do our mailings by counties and regions. I need to be able to select that to insure that all areas are listed before I mail out an announcement.
Regular Visitor
Please note that when I scan a report for Unique opens after an email is sent out, the Company name of the recipient does not show on the list.
Best thing would be if I could choose from any available info types for list display. Today what I want to see is last email sent, yesterday it was one of my custom fields.
Contributor
Some clients can be on more than 1 list. Would like to see that as I review without opening up the contact.

I am sorry to hear this. Are you not able to put them in the order you want on your sign up form or in your email?

Visitor
I want to change order of fields in contacts
Occasional Contributor

To add onto this commenter's suggestions, I would like to have at least the organization name as a column option. We are a small business to business company, and sometimes what comes after the "@" in an email address gives us no clue as to what company the subscriber belongs.  Having that field avalable for those who need it would be very helpful. Thanks for considering this suggestion.

Hi Cinda, 

Where are you looking to change the order of the fields? Do you want them different in your sign up form or while you are importing contacts?

If you just want the custom fields in another order you are welcome to rename them by clicking My Settings > Manage My Custom Fields.

I would like to view contacts in order of birthdays
Regular Visitor
I would like to see more information on the lists at one time. For instance, I would like to see a column that has the date that person was added to the email list and possibly how many times the emails have been opened or looked at by that person. It would be easier to purge names from the list if they never open the email. I think this would help in the spam control and being able to manage the lists. Having to click each email address to get all of this information takes way too much time.
Visitor
For example, we need Company Name, Contact Name, Email, and Date Added.
It is not very intuitive where to add the contact to the specific mail list. If I had not already been a customer for several years and knew there had to be a list specified, I would NEVER have been able to figure out why my contact wouldn't save. Even so, I have a tough time finding it each time. A label would certainly be nice, instead of me having to guess and click on everything.
Contributor
On the contact page, please give choices to display this list that are meaningful (useful) to the user. I need to see the contacts Title (Mr. Ms. Dr., etc.), the state / country, and I need the display to be my new default if I so choose. The display options currently offered are not useful and always revert back to the worst of the display choices which means every time I use CC I have to change settings, and if I move around the site, I have to change settings over and over, again and again, each time I go back to contact page. You're destroying my time management with all these new hoops to jump through.
Visitor

I have the same issue.

CTCT Employee
In the next week or two we'll be adding a choice for how many contacts you want to display per page. The default will still be 50 but you'll be able to increase that up to 500. Once you choose how many you want to display per page, that change will "stick" as long as you're using hte same computer and web browser.
Occasional Advisor
We should be able to customize the data fields to suit OUR requirements and not be locked into what Constant Contact wants. No every CC user tracks company names. The sign-up form is counterproductive as currently designed. Give us a break and allow us to define the fields as WE want them.
Contributor
It would be great if the reason for the bounce could be on the contact list page. It was save a lot of time.
KTG
Occasional Visitor
- I can't effectively determine which contacts are in my "all" list that are not on my "active" list. - All fields should be displayed in the contact screen so I can sort by data in any field. - I would like to delete contacts who have never opened an email. I don't see any way to view number of opens.
Participating Solution Provider
When I review my list activity I would like to be able to see columns that are important to me. For example, if I see that 10 people unsubscribed, I would like to be able to see a custom column so that I can evaluate a commonality. Perhaps they all unsubscribed because they were also associated with X. Now, I might conclude that X people are less interested in my newsletter and I can make adjustments. If I need to look at each person individually, it is challenging to make such an assessment.
CTCT Employee
Hi Dory. There are custom fields that you can create and use. Are you more concerned about being able to see them from the main contacts screen?
Occasional Visitor

In ***removed by mod***, you can toggle which columns or custom fields you can organize your contacts by. If I need to add tags to these people, having all of the field labels available would be helpful. Right now you just have the 2 different versions in the gear button.

Occasional Visitor
The default "Website sign-up form" is not particularly useful.
Visitor
https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/distui/contacts on this page a column should show what list the contact belongs to. This would quickly show me where which web site the contact is comng from. Currently it's useless as I have to cliick a field to see what contact list the person enrolled in. Useless! 50 new contacts. 100 clicks - forwards and backwards!
Established Member
I want to change the names of some of the fields ("Company" becomes "School Name", etc), and I want to change what information displays on the Contact Management screen - I need to see all of my fields for all of my contacts, not just name and "company". How do I manage these?
Occasional Visitor
Before I had phone number in company name, now i need to click to open file just to call back... how can i adjust the view of info which has already been input
Occasional Contributor
I am unable to see clearly what information is in the first and last name fields. I want to be sure that when I include a reference to the first name in the email, that only the first name is inserted. Right now it is not clear what will be the first name used in the blast. Also, when I see a list, I'd like to be able to pick the fields I'd like shown on the summary screen, so that I can do a quick scan of the field I'm monitoring, in this instance first names.
Occasional Visitor

It's great that you're implementing the ability to display more contacts per page! We still would like the ability to change the columns to more relevant data, city/state, date added and source are not useful for us either. Thanks!

Advisor

I have added my vote to this request and urge other users to do so as well.

The current available views (all 2 of them) display only 4 fields,  half of which ( (Date added and source) we rarely use.  This view should be customizable -  as it is in most other email marketing products available.  

Visitor
The report page needs to have more display option, e.g., job title, company, etc. We use to be able to view those at a glance and now it's gone! Bah!
Visitor

i need the zip code field option returned please... i collect info from people nationwide at different events nationwide, but send campaigns to specific  regions...

Please return this option...

Visitor
I would like to have the Company name in the first column.

Hi Carol,

Where would you like to see company name? Are you referring to the first name of your contact data or somewhere else?