cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Headers

Contact Headers

Need to have the ability to change header based on need. For instance, in my case cities and states are not as relevant as country. Yet, I cannot change the columns!
281 Comments
H.V
Occasional Visitor
In the "list" view, contacts which are "active" and those "awaiting confirmation" are all lumped together and there is no way to separate them, even through Advanced Search.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about the new Contacts Management tools. Please continue to share ideas and vote for other ideas you would like to see put into place.  If you have questions on using the new tools don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team.  Our support team is available at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET.

Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp

Regular Visitor
Pls add a 'last modified' column in the Contact Management page so that we can sort by our CASL opt-ins!
Regular Visitor
I would like to be able to make an Email List very quickly from contacts who have 'opted in' AKA provided their consent under CASL Canadian legislation, will this be possible shortly? Right now I guess I have to look at date modified when I export contacts, and add them all manually to one, would be great to be able to just with a couple clicks add all people who have given consent to an email list. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Visitor
I would like to sort my contacts by the birthday month. Can you make the contact screens sortable by custom fields?
All Star
I would like to change the view to include fields that are more helpful than the 2 options that are currently available.
Occasional Visitor
Hi...please consider adding additional column options for a contact list. Currently, it lists name, address, etc.; it would be very helpful to have the ability to add a column of the users choosing. Thanks!

Visitor
It would be good to be able to sort by company name
CTCT Employee

Thank you for your feedback!  Keep sharing ideas and voting for other ideas you would like to see put in place!

Our support team is available at 866-289-2101. Constant Contact’s Phone Support is available Monday – Thursday: 7a.m. – 11p.m. ET, Friday: 7a.m. – 9p.m. ET and Saturday – Sunday: 10a.m. – 8p.m. ET.

Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp

All Star
1. Please change the code to allow column headings to changed permanently (or at least temporarily until we log out but not with continue). We have high school part timers entering email addresses. We capture information from give-away ballots and it is less confusing and faster changing the column headings than having the students go out of order from the form.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to see my "custom fields" on the main contact page alongside the name, email and date added.

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the confusion but glad your information is correct. I can understand how the view could be challenging if you are only looking for the first name.

Thanks again!

All Star
Hi, you have only two options for contact views... but could you make a third that only includes the information in the first box when adding contacts --- just change city/ town to title (I couldn't find city/ town when entering contacts information). That would be really nice for my lists! Thank you for listening!
Occasional Advisor

It would be nice if you could customize the contact headings that are displayed on the main contact page. So instead of begin restricted to Name, Email, Company, City, State, you could add one of your custom fields, or the Note field, etc.

All Star
Needs the ability to know when a profile was updated (especially the most recent update) without having to do an update. Would like to see this on Contact display. Also would like to know specifically what was updated on the exported file.
All Star

From originator (Jean_R) - this should have really said:Needs the ability to know when a profile was updated (especially the most recent update) without having to do an EXPORT. Would like to see this on Contact display. Also would like to know specifically what was updated on the export report.

It would be nice if I could sort contacts by custom fields and view any of the fields on the dashboard page. Our industry is organized by chapters and I've spent 8+ hours importing contacts one chapter at a time to get them into their own mailing lists. Other systems this would have taken less than an hour to import the global list and then sort by chapters.
Visitor
I would like more control of the fields on the main Contacts page. There are only two options: Name, email, company, city OR Name, email, date added, source. I would like the flexibility to see name, email, and custom fields (or any fields I need to see at the time). Just wanted to pass this along for consideration. Thanks.
All Star
Please consider adding a column when viewing all/active contacts to show what list(s) they are on. I realize they can be imported into an excel spreadsheet and it shows there, but that's an extra step which could be avoided by adding here. Thank you!
Occasional Visitor

on your Contact View. You show source. I would like to see that field carried in from the input of my data. I think it is an important item. **Removed By Moderator**

Thanks for posting this feedback, Peter. This already is part of each individual contact's information. You can see this on the Contact detail page, in the list view or in the export for you. Would you like it to be more specific? 

Occasional Contributor

Allow users to choose columns.

For contacts, I store city, because I need it sometimes, but when I look at contacts in list view, I want to see ACCOUNT #s (a custom field) rather than city.

On Email list page, folder ONLY shows on Thumbnail view, but I want it on List view, since faster scrolling and display.

Since most computers have wide screens, allow users to ADD more columns.

Great Feedback, thanks for posting!

under client management it would be helpful if we can change the columns with more than 2 options. Personally if we can view a list with unsubscribes for a particular list where it only allows all contacts. Thank you **Removed By Moderator**

1. Would like the ability to see all, or select the column headers most important to me. I'm having to look at my spreadsheet to see status of client for a particular mail list vs seeing it in the CC system. 2. Is there a way to set up a campaign to auto send birthday cards?
Occasional Visitor
It would be great if you could sort your lists by more than City or State. I deal with many international contacts and it would be great to have the option of sorting by country. You offered this a while ago, but since the re-design it has not been offered.
Frequent Visitor

Also, when the email notification is sent to me it would be GREAT to be able to pick and choose what I would want to see at-a-glance. For example, when I get the email, it tells me their "Company", but I do not care about that. I am more interested in their "City". Thank you for considering this end-user request. - Edie

Hi EdithW9

Youc an control what information a contact enters when they sign up. If you are viewing individual contacts you will be able to see all their details. If you are viewing a list of contacts you have two view options that you can control from within the list.

1-16-2015 12-12-09 PM.jpg

Can you tell me more about where this information is showing so I can help pass along the feedback?

Visitor
There's some nice stuff in Contant Management now, BUT, the views are fixed. So for instance, I do an advanced search where country is not blank. Wonderful, I get a list in moments...and I can't see what the country is and nor can I alter the view, so I now have a list of contacts with Country set, but I have no idea what the countries are. Frustrating! Maybe a search field should be included in the view, certainly where you're selection an option like 'not blank'. Different if you say 'is x', but when 'not blank', it's obviously you're interested in what data you have...
All Star
I would like to be able to add the column of "birthday" to my contacts list. I would like to see the column when looking at my contacts list, rather than having to go into each individual account. Is it possible that I can create that column on my own and manage accordingly? I would also like to be able to manage by month of birthday so that I can stay on top of birthdays in each month.
Regular Visitor
It would be great to be able to change out the Company or City/State view on the main screen to one of the Custom Fields that we create to see all at once. Those are the ones we use frequently and would be more beneficial to us instead of going into each individual contact. Sometime that would hopefully get updated in the future.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor
It would be very beneficial to be able to adjust the size of columns and rows in the contacts section. Some of the information I use to create emails and lists relies on being able to see, in full view, a person's email or address. If there were a way to stretch the view, that would be very helpful! Thank you!!
Regular Visitor
I can only view Name, email, company, city,state on each contact. However, I want to include TAGS on some of my contacts and would like to have that info visible when scrolling thru main page, rather than having to look at individual names to see if any tags have been assigned.
Established Member
Being able to view Tags, or custom contact fields within Contact Management would help with sorting contacts. Right now there are only two view modes, and the difference is one shows Company and Location - the other shows Date Added and Source. We need the ability to use other types of viewing modes to better handle contacts (medium to small lists). This also helps to VISUALLY VERIFY that special contacts on a list are tagged correctly/have correct info, without clicking on the contact and having to go to an entirely new page.
Please consider the ability for users to create add'l columns in list management (e.g., Member / Non-Member, Title, Renewal Date, License, etc.) with flexibility to choose that which is appropriate for our organization. Thank you.
Visitor
I have additional columns of information I would like to enter, but CC only allows me to have 5 columns set up. Is there a way to change this?
Hello, I would like more view options on the contact home management screen besides name, email, company, city/state or name, email, date added, source. A more relevant option for my purposes would include name, email, birthday. I would also find the ability to include a custom field, such as child's name, quite useful.
Visitor
It would be great if we could select the information we can view in the columns that appear when viewing contact list. For example, I input the phone number and date of birth of each of my contacts, however, when I pull up my contact list this information is not offered as an alternative to current choices. I don't need the city, state and date/source entered. I need the info I input. Does that make sense to you??? Monica Cox
Occasional Visitor
Your cookie cutter contact screen in useless for custom settings. I might as well print out every contact on a piece of paper and buy a highlighter. Why not let - ME - the client decide what I want as contact information. Then let - ME- the client decide what contact information I need to see to manage my contacts. Why have tags if you cannot search you tags. Why have custom categories if you have to manually look up the category. Give us some freedom to manage our contacts the way we want to manage them.

Hi @RussR719

You can search tags and custom information if that is how you would like to find contacts. Just use Adnvaced Search!

2015-04-20_11-15-54.jpg

I can understand the need to see customized views of your information. Do you think this would be more helpful in a list view or within each contact's details?

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor

I am new to your software and there is still plenty for me to learn.  Thank you for pointing out what I failed to notice.  The Advanced search option is something I have not utilized yet.  I do, however, think it would be beneficial to provide a search option within the category or tag.  Not sure if what I am asking is plausible but could you give us a search option in the Manage Tags pop-up.  If we had an option to search within a category or to at lease color code or number each tag, the "Tag Feature" would actually be used for what it was intended - a sub-category.  Currently we see a count for our entire contact lists combined.  No benefit there unless you are using only one contact list.  "Managing" the tags needs to occur from the contact category and beyond, not the other way around.  At least that is how the feature would most benefit me.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 7.33.00 AM.png

No problem @RussR719! Glad I could help!

Thank you for explaining more about how Tags would better help you, this is great feedback for future developments. 

Occasional Visitor

Have you considered a custom page to your site that utilizes our database of contacts and subcategories so we can customize the layout?  It could interact with your program as is, and still allow us to visually set up our own settings that benefit our unique way of business.  Out of the two "Choose your view" options, the only options that benefit me are "Name" & "Date Added" and neither of those can be used at the same time.  All the custom catigories and data I need must be manually searched for.  The option is useless to me.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 7.51.58 AM.png

Occasional Advisor

Currently there are two choices for how we can view our 'Active Contact list'.

Please allow the User (me) to say which fields I would want to see in my Active Contact list.

Even if there has to be a limit of the number of fields to be displayed, please just allow 'us' to create different lists, choosing our own fields to display.

Summary:

1.  Allow user to create 'x' number of Active Contact Lists

2.  Allow user to determine which contact fields can be used for the 'active contact list'.

Occasional Visitor
Adding leads used to be relatively easy. Now, I cannot select a field to not import. Then, to make sure you really screwed it up, once I go through all of this hassle to make custom fields, then I can't sort a list by them...why?
Current default view has following columns: Name-Email-Date Added-Source This is not useful. Would prefer the following: Name-Email-Phone # This will allow generating a phone call list without having to export the list into Excel.