cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Contact Headers

Contact Headers

Need to have the ability to change header based on need. For instance, in my case cities and states are not as relevant as country. Yet, I cannot change the columns!
280 Comments
Can we add a view to contacts to include phone number?

Hi @CraigW47

Thanks for your feedback on the headers. This is something we know is important so we're working on this for the future. Have you tried using Advanced Search to pull contacts by a custom field detail? This might help.

When you are importing a file you can leave a field as "Select a field" if you don't want to import the information. You will only need to label the fields that you do want to bring into the account.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor
It would great to have the ability to customize views to include other fields.
Hello, Can a list name column be added to the contacts/activity tab? I would like to be able to verify that the correct contacts were added to the correct list. Also I would like to look back to verify which lists were updated. Thank you!
SGW
Occasional Visitor
It would be great in settings if we could have additional filters other than "Source" and "Address/City/State"...filters such as tag and lists would be very helpful in searches. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
When viewing lists of contacts please consider adding a column to view the list(s) those contacts are on so you can manage in one viewing.
All Star
I added a custom date tag. I want it to show up in the screen view so I can sort by it. Or I would like to do an advanced search by my custom date tag (i.e. since one month ago)
Occasional Contributor
I have been studying my open rates per campaign, it will be helpful if the following fields are added for each contact under Contact Management so we can study and target customers. Number of Campaigns sent Number of opens (unique as well as multiple) % of opens (unique) Also one more field as follows for each contact displaying the recent reason for bouncing (as you display the reasons for bounced emails for each campaign sent). Status (Active, Suspended, Nonexistence, undelivered, Blocked, Other, vacation, mailbox full....)
new headings would include: City, state, sic, title, revenue, # of employees, industry These are headings that most people decide to search in order to email the appropriate person, area, size of company, type of company (sic) & Industry. when you are sorting through hundreds of records to nail down a target contact it takes several hours more without these headings. I chose this CC in order to save time. I like it but it would save hours with the capability of more headings displayed across the top
Occasional Visitor
I want to have birthday on my column when I add "multiple contacts"..it's not on the list.;.. Also, when I look at contacts view, birthday is not shown on the front page and there isn't a way of changing this outlook.
Customer Account numbers are vital information for us in our emailing. Being able to filter the Account Number into the visible Contact list would be very helpful. As it is now I have to download the list, filter and then upload again, or attach the account number into one of the existing, limited fields.
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone read these comments? How difficult would it be to allow a PAYING USER to set VIEW order as a default? Every time I open Constant Contacts (normally at least daily) I have to manually go through the three-four steps necessary to set my contacts view to: Naem, email, date added, source I have been making this same request for years. I guess since I'm locked in as a paying customer for all of these years, there's no reason to worry about my requests.
For me it would be more helpful to have the 4 columns as name, address, date added and instead of Source column make it Date Last Modified. That way I could do a quick ascending sort on that column to check for modified records I need to look at. Now I have to download and do a sort outside of CC. Overall, I really like the site, the online help files are probably the best help files I have ever encountered, and maneuvering around the site is a breeze.

Hi @Rich-for-Clooz

We do read the comments left here and often merge them with like ideas for our product teams to see. Thanks for posting the feedback. Please continue to share any ideas you have so we can look to implement them in the future!

I need to view by "custom field." My custom fields are dates (wedding date, birth date etc.) I need to send email to all customers with wedding dates in the months January - March.
Occasional Contributor
You need to add another column to the main contact list page. This column should be a drop down or radio button to add or delete someone from particular groups. This would help us change someone from one list to another etc. For example someone was a potential customer now becomes customer we want to change the type of emails we are now emailing them. It would be much easier this way. There should also be a feature to search out or filter the people who have not ever opened an email from the sender.
It would be great to see the last time we mailed a given list in addition to when it was created. Thanks!
Visitor
Would like to be able to see the email list a contact belongs to in the contact view. Is this possible?
All Star
Is this possible?
Visitor
Most of the emails that bounce are because I can't read the customers' handwriting in the notebook they sign up with in our store. i don't have time to manage bounces every week, so I do it at one time every few months. I wish you would add a column to the Bounced emails that shows the date the email was added so I can determine quickly which emails just need to be deleted and which ones are recent so I can double-check the email input and fix if it's a typo. This is one of my biggest complaints. Now I have to click on each email (i have 150 now) and can't do it quickly.
Visitor
When I go to look at my contacts, I would like to see which email list they are on. Right now I have to click on the contact and go into their record to see which email lists they are on. I would like to be able to have that a column on the main view.
Occasional Visitor
i would like to see at a glance with the names. which list theyre on.
It would be very helpful if we could pick which 2 columns showed after name and email.
It would be nice if there was an option to sort by country, not just city/state.
Occasional Contributor
During the list of my contacts it would be great to be able to display my own columns. I like Company, Full Name, Email, TAGS but TAGS to be able to actively edit them. I need to identify the industry they are in or where I met them from a show. Having to enter them in one by one is painful.
All Star
What is most important to me is to see the LIST the individual contact is in. There is no easy way to see that except by drilling down. Can you CHOOSE which columns show up on the main Contact screen?
Regular Visitor
ability to choose the columns displayed
How can I add "WEBSITE" column to my view of "CONTACTS"
Regular Visitor
Why can't one see the field of phone numbers and number of opens and number of emails sent on the group page? It takes too long to go thru contact by contact, and then it doesn't go back to where one was at on the list!
Occasional Visitor
The important info I need to see when accessing who is reading our stories when scanning down these pages is not either of the 3 you do show (name, email, time), but the one thing you used to show before changing the site again was the COMPANY. This is really THE most important piece of data needed, and you all eliminated it with the last update. Why? The page has plenty of white space on both the left and right. Why can't we at least select what fields we want showing. This is really annoying.
It would be a great help to allow the end user to add additional columns to the views. i.e. In the contacts view there are only 4 columns. If one adds custom field such as "Followup Date". It would be a huge benefit to allow us to add the column to the view, so we can see at a glance what dates we have follow up. As it currently stands we have to open each contact to see if there is follow up needed.
Frequent Visitor
We should be able to customize the Contact View with the additional custom fields we create
Visitor
I see there's been various changes in Contacts and sady selecting the columns to view isn't one of them. Instead I can see by source and date added (useful) or 'City/State' - utterly useless, so here's a bit of shart, sharp feedback for the Product Manager: I understand the US view of the world is that things pretty much start at SFO and end at BOS...though there is somewhere called 'England' somewhere out to the east that includes places like London, France and Germany (I used to work in the US and so understyand this quite well), actually this is NOT the case. While the US is so large City and State help, but in the rest of the world it is *Country* that's important. In fact, in many Countries people speak different languages and so Country is really critical - not everyone in our markets speaks English and Spanish - so Country is kind of critical...as in real critical. Maybe you should reflect that?
Visitor
When you see the full list of your contacts, it would be nice if you could see what list they belonged to.
All Star
we use a standard ballot in our 3 locations. the cloumn heads in 'add multiple contacts' page always default to your settings. please make them stay at what I want from save to save. Bob Tyne 705-749-9474 ext 204
Visitor
why can't i have a contact row with my lists on it on the Contact Management Page to sort? I don't want the option of City, State I want to see which ones I don't have assigned to a list?
All Star

Unfortunately they programmed almost no flexibilty into the view-and-sort-by-heading features.  It's a major system deficiency.  And the reprogamming to make it what users truly need would be quite significant, I imagine. 

To do any meaningful work and reporting I export everything I can into a .csv file.  Like just tonight, I wanted to look at the Did Not Opens for the last two newsletters combined, then the last three newsletters combined, then the last four, last five, and last six.  And I wanted to exclude from the counts based on Email Status and Tags values.  Downloaded six files, did some cleanup in Excel, then most the work after importing the files into Access.  Good thing is, I enjoy doing that kind of thing!

Flexible, customizable reporting features could be improved.

Michael

All Star

Yeah, that's the kind of flexibility I'm talking about!  Many users would benefit by being able to customize little settings like this.  I'd like the designers to think in terms of maximum flexibility for users when they do their programming.

+1

Michael

Organizer
The ability to alphabetize by last name in all contact lists is necessary!!
I would like to be able to view the physical addresses for my contacts without having to either export a list to Excel spreadsheet or click into the individual contact so that I can immediately see which contacts do not have physical home or office addresses.
Visitor

Need the ability to create custom views . Allow each of the fields that exist in the Contacts view to be selected by the user in the Contacts, Did Not Open, Open, etc. For instance, I would like to see the email list as part of the UI when I view Did Not Open. if you have any questions.

Frequent Visitor

It would be nice to have the option of seeing the reason of unsubscribed from the main page when you click that particular catagory. Having Name, Email and Reason on that page would be great. Right now, I only have the name, email, date added and by whom.  Would make deleting emails so much easier rather than going from specfic emails to delete.. Thank you

I love this service and how user friendly everything is!  Yet, one suggestion would be to have phone numbers listed on the contact page.  This would keep me from having to use a separate program when I am actively contacting people.

Thanks,

Ken

Occasional Visitor

We have accounts for our regional offices. Each office divides its volunteers into Counties and Areas. We need to create dropdown fields so our regional office users can select an area for each volunteer. And when a volunteer signs up, we want them to select their County from a dropdown. This would be a huge help. They need to be drop-downs so they'll be consistent and usable for searches.

Occasional Visitor

The Contact Management Table has a choice of:

• Name, Email, Company, City/State
  • Name, Email, Date Added, Source

But we have added custom fields that are very important to us. They are County, and Area. We need these to determine where our volunteers are.

We need a way to choose the fields that will show in the Content Management table. We want to be able to choose: Name, Email, County, Area if we wish -- or other fields that might be important to see.

All Star

What I would like to see on this screen is an added column that shows what Email Lists have been assigned to the contact. I have had to search each contact to find some that had NO email list assigned. Still would be nice to see that on the Contact Management Screen.

Visitor
Hello, To fully meet our business needs, it would be ideal if we were able to set the primary key for our customer list to be based on the combination of Email, First Name and Last Name. The the current system standard only looking at Email as the primary key does not work as we have some customers who share an email. Happy to elaborate more. Feel free to email or call with questions!

Thank you for the great feedback!  I'm moving your post with some like feedback so we can continue quantifying customer need for this feature!

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

All Star

I would like a column in the contacts page that shows the tags assigned to each contact.  I would like to be able to sort contacts from within the list of ALL contacts (not just in the lists that I build).  That way, I can pull my entire list, clean it, add or change tags and re-upload it.  Then, I guess I'd still have to go in and change "membership" in a list accordingly.

Implemented Ideas