cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Headers

Contact Headers

Need to have the ability to change header based on need. For instance, in my case cities and states are not as relevant as country. Yet, I cannot change the columns!
281 Comments
Contacts can no longer be sorted by date added, one of the features I used very frequently
I haven't had time to read the tutorial yet but hopefully it will answer these questions. After I search or display a contact list I don't see how to sort it by date added or the other fields that were available. Also it was obvious how to go back one or two steps but i don't see that.
Visitor

The default contact list sort is by first name, which for me is not a useful way to sort. Every time I open a list, I have to re-sort it by last name. It would be better if the default sort order was by last name, or if I could set the default sort in My Settings.

Regular Visitor
I can't figure out how to look at what I want. I want to sort on date signed up, I can't figure out how to change the columns. Your help is not immediately helpful. This is very frustrating.
All Star
We would like to have the option to modify the columns-from city, state to street name
All Star
You really should have the default setting to list contacts by last name first, not first name. Listing by first name is just silly.
Visitor
You've removed SO many options for my contact management!!! I can't see my entire lists organized by Sign Up Date - which I REALLY need to do since I get violent threats due to my newsletters... it is IMPERATIVE that I see who is signing up and when so I can protect my list!!! Not only that, but I get half of the info now that I used to on one screen. I have to scroll forever. It is SO much harder and slower to navigate!!!
All Star
can I set my default to be sort by last name? It seems to be set as first name and I have to reset every time I use it.
I preferred when I was able to sort them either by last or first name and I don't need the City/Sate in this view.

Hi Sabine,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. At this time you can control the sort by last or first name everytime you view the list. 

Sort By Name.jpg

Thanks for your feedback on the city/state feature. Would you like to be able to sort by any information or something specific?

Why in the world would you alphabetize by first name instead of last? Of what value to me is putting all Michaels together instead of the Butler family? And why should I have to scroll down to the bottom of each page in order to get to the next page? Try getting to Stephanie and see how long it takes! Since you have now divided the names with the blue A/B/C bars, why can't you divide the go-to clicks the same way so that I would only have to click "S" to get to the S'es instead of having to click the arrow, then wait for the page to come up, then scroll down to the bottom and repeat this entire process 17 times to get to Stephanie, then 15 more times when I need to go to Beverly - have you any idea how long that takes? Lastly, I have numerous pages at the end of email addresses with no names attached, and those addresses are in no discernible order whatsoever! Honestly! You can do MUCH better.
When I search for a name, it would be quite helpful if that search result could let me know in WHICH list that name appears.
CTCT Employee
I am sorry this functionality is not there anymore Stacy. This was more of a browser caching feature on the web browser you were using. As a workaround you can do a large export and add all of the custom fields in the excel spreadsheet then you can reimport it. If you would like to see this back please vote if you agree!
Advisor

Hello,

I apologize for the frustration this is causing. This is really great feedback! Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented. While this may not help to accomplish all that you've mentioned, clicking on the Name and Email bars at the top of your list can help to change to the sort by last name and email address.

All Star
I would like to have an option to create my own default view for my contact lists - such as sort by last name in descending order. Thanks!
Visitor
Don't like the upgrade, listing now sorts by first name. Preferred the old system where we could add first and last name separate and then having the ability to sort by last name.
Regular Visitor
When I call up a contact list, it sorts by first name. That's incredibly annoying and creates more work for us.
Advisor
Status changed to: New

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback! The lists do default to sorting by First Name, however the sort order can be changed when you are on a list to sort by Last Name or email address. I hope this helps! Please continue to vote on any topics you would like to see implemented. Sort_By_Last_Name.png

Thanks very much for this upgrade in listing contacts! A huge improvement!! Can we sort them by last name? Thanks! Jude Lamb
Advisor

Hi Constance,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really sorry for the annoyance this is causing. By default, it does sort by First Name, however there is an option to sort by Last Name and by the Email Address as well. By clicking on the Name or Email column headings, you will have the option to change how the list is sorted. Below is an example of how to do so. I hope this helps!

Sort_By_Last_Name.png

Advisor

Hi Jude,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you like it! Yes, you can sort by last name by clicking on the Name header at the top of your list. This will give you the option to sort by Last Name in descending or ascending order. You can even sort by email address by clicking on the Email header as well. I hope this helps! Thanks again for posting.

Sort_By_Last_Name.png

The new program has less functionality than before. Contact's first and last name are now combined into one field and can only be sorted as one name. Needs to go back to first and last names in separate fields so sorting can be done by either. Also not able to sort by e-mail, dated added etc. In addition instead of viewing 500 results a time only 50 are displayed. The paging feature doesn't even give you the ability to jump to a specific page. AND when selecting certain people from the list you can only select from the current page and then select your function. This has to be repeated for each page. EXTREMELY TIME CONSUMING, INEFFICIENT and FRUSTRATING to say the least. We have been patient with the new roll out but this should have all be taken care of before subjecting your customers to this process in addition to having to submit feedback. This should have be taken care of with your testing team! Very unprofessional and damaging to the integrity of Constant Contact.
Advisor

Hi Judy,
Thank you for posting. I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing. At the moment, the ability to sort by date added is not available, however we are looking into implementing this field again. As for sorting by last name and email address, this can be done by clicking on the column headers Name and Email. Click on the Name column header gives you the option to sort by Last Name and clicking on the Email header allows you to sort alphabetically by the email address.

Sort_By_Last_Name.png
We are also looking into modifying the number of contacts you can view per page, as well as possible improvements to paging options. Your feedback on this is really helpful. Please stay tuned for updates on these topics and please keep voting on these topics that you would like to see implemented. Your patience is very much appreciated as we continue to make updates. My apologies once again for the frustration.

CTCT Employee

asked that I post this request on his behalf. He would like to choose what contact fields show in the contact management landing page

Visitor

It would would be very helpful if there was a column when you saw all contacts that showed what list they were if any. I wanted to check to make sure that no contact was missed or not in a group and the only way to do that is to open them up individually which is very time consuming. Thank you, Karyn - Mandala - cfta

As a member organization, we have used the COMPANY field to list the person who recruited this member. But this info stays with the person & shows up on EventSpot sign up lists. When I try to edit the recruiter's name out of the COMPANY field, it requires me to list something. We are a social golfing group. We don't need COMPANY and we certainly don't need CITY/STATE as we are all local. Please give flexibility to these columns.
Advisor

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. I can certainly see the value in being able to see that. As a work around to this issue, it could be helpful to export your contacts. This will provide you with a column that lets you know what list(s) each of your contacts may be in.

Export_List.png

All Star
We are a community association where all emails are in the same ZIP, City, and State. We have already entered the data for all our contacts in a customized field called street address. We would like that column to appear on the main add contact display.
Advisor

Hello, Thank you for posting. I appreciate your feedback on being able to customize the columns. Regarding being able to edit the Company for a particular contact: try clicking on the name of the contact instead of the Company Name, when you are viewing this contact among a list of others. Clicking on the name will bring up the contact's details and allow you to remove/edit the Company, while clicking on the Company name first will take you to that Company Profile, which shows you all contacts associated with that Company (which is why it was requiring an entry.) I hope this helps.Select_Contact.png.

Occasional Contributor
you are missing the company data field on the reports such as, open and clicks
Occasional Visitor
With the new contacts display, the whole name is listed. It made me worry that I had entered a "whole name" for the contact, as opposed to a separate "first name" and "last name". This is important to me as my greeting is dependent on having the first name. Can we have the contacts display clearly show that first name and last name are in separate columns? I just went through a list to assure myself that I hadn't imported the names incorrectly. It would be ridiculous for my clients to receive an email saying, "Dear John Miller, ..." as opposed to "Dear John, ..."
Occasional Visitor

I am not impressed with the new contacts format. I need to be able to sort my contacts by more than four fields. I just spent (wasted) nearly an hour removing 40 contacts. With the old format, it would have taken me two minutes. This is NOT acceptable. I have many of colleagues that started with your service and are now using ***removed by mod***, I am seriously considering a switch.

Hi Barb,

I am very sorry to hear this. Can you tell me more about what isn't working? We recently added even more header options to your contact information, You can control these using the gear icon!

9-4-2013 2-24-43 PM.jpg

What information would you like to see here? Are you removing random contacts or contacts with a specific piece of information?

Thanks for your help.

Advisor

Hello,

Thank you for posting. I appreciate your feedback on these topics. We are currently looking into providing the options of seeing more contacts per page, as well as more customization in the columns you see. You can, however, change the view to show "Date Added" and "Source" instead of City/State. This can be access by clicking on the gear icon to the top right corner of your list.

Date_Added_change.png

You also make a great point about reducing the vertical spacing that each contact occupies. Please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion! Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Would Like my Email Lists back in my preference ORDER!!! PLEASE :smileyface:
Occasional Visitor
I added country as a column when I was inputting my contact information. I would like that info to appear when I am looking at my contacts. Is this possible and can I sort my contacts by country?
Regular Visitor
Prior to the updates, entering was a two-step process, where I entered part of the data - email, name, address, city, but then had to go back in and search for that contact, to add the state and zip code. At least that was the only way I knew how to do it. REQUESTED UPDATE: It would great if I could see names, email address, phone, and address, along with date added and/or date updated in one screen.
I prefer the old system for entering contacts. I have to create, save and upload, then assign fields from an Excel sheet to add contacts now. Also, I'd prefer if my contacts were listed alphabetically by LAST name. Thank you.
Regular Visitor
First look and the information in the header row is something I wanted to change. I went to the gear thinking I would be able to customize. I don't use "city, state" so it it a wasted view for me.
All Star
When attempting to upload contacts, the sample that is visible in the upload process is showing column headers that do not align with the sample data. I cannot choose an appropriate field in Constant Contact without knowing which is the correct field from my file.
All Star
Email lists should be sorted by their number that is assigned to them! - Thanks!
Visitor
We use this to contact people by phone as a follow up. Exporting to a spread sheet is cumbersome. Thx
Thanks for posting. Can you tell me more about what information you are adding with the contacts? You can reorder the lists by last name by clicking in the header information.
to view list of people of who opened campaign by time and unique opens
Occasional Visitor
I very much dislike the new layout and columns you can view. It should be customizable with what each individual user would like to see.
Contributor
Right now, you have 2 options - Source and city and state are of no use to me. Can you add drop down window for us to select what we NEED to see? That would be GREAT! Thanks.
Solution Provider
Because I want the company to show instead of the date
Regular Visitor
When you moved my contact info to this new system in some instances it was moved showing the first name or last name in the name column and then the first or last name in the "company" column. Since I don't use "Company" at all I know that it was your conversion. I do not have the time to go in and "fix" all of these!!!
Advisor

Hello Tawanna -

There is a current issue we are in the process of looking into, it involves importing excel files with blank fields with the actual excel file you are importing.
If you are using a xls or xlsx, please try converting it over to a csv file and import using that file type,  you should notice that contact fields remain intact and wont move around.

If you have any further questions please DM me!

Mike

Tier 2 Support