Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Update Profile-Pop Up window instead of Email

Change the way Constant Contact updates Preferences. You need to provide a way for contacts to click on "update preferences" without receiving another e-mail.    Most other companies do this.   Have a popup appear or automatically go to your website with verification from the initial users e-mail. 

Have your programmers send a uniquely generated code for every email sent out by Constant Contact.   When a user wants to update their preferences, send them to your website by autofilling the e-mail address and use the unique code plus the senders e-mail address to confirm their identity.  (Making sure its not an unsubscribe from someone forwarding the email)   

It is such bad practice to have a second e-mail sent that people need to click on in order to update their subscription preferences.

Also rename your option:

1. "Update Subcriptions" (Mange your e-mail lists that this sender has you on)

2. "Unsubscribe from all Future e-mails from ......"   (You will not receive any more e-mails from this sender)

6 Comments
SteveL13
Campaign Contributor

I'm in complete agreement.    You need to provide a way for contacts to click on "update preferences" without receiving another e-mail.    Most other companies do this.   Have a popup appear or automatically go to your website with verification from the initial users e-mail. 

Have your programmers send a uniquely generated code for every email sent out by Constant Contact.   When a user wants to update their preferences, send them to your website by autofilling the e-mail address and use the unique code plus the senders e-mail address to confirm their identity.  (Making sure its not an unsubscribe from someone forwarding the email)   

It is such bad practice to have a second e-mail sent that people need to click on in order to update their subscription preferences.

Also rename your option:

1. "Update Subcriptions" (Mange your e-mail lists that this sender has you on)

2. "Unsubscribe from all Future e-mails from ......"   (You will not receive any more e-mails from this sender)

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @SteveL13 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We can understand how important it is for your contacts to easily update their communication preferences. Because of this we have tracked your feedback and opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

FirstNameL49483
Campaign Contributor

I really need this functionality as well. I can see conversations about this topic dating back to 2014. That idea had some conversation, and it looks like 20 upvotes, but it doesn't seem like it's been addressed. I guess my question is, what happened with that feedback, since the feature wasn't incorporate despite demand? 

Our use case is pretty simple. We're an affordable housing developer, we need a way people can sign up to be notified when we open applications, and prior to opening applications we need to email people on the list and have them update their contact information. I can include a screenshot showing people how to click the "update profile" link, but it's a little confusing. 

Is this a feature you'd ever really incorporate? Or, should we look at another tool and just use CC for other purposes? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples of how other users would expect this to work.

amyloo
Marketing Legend

Very happy to see this proposed feature is still somewhat alive. 

Does anyone happen to know if the behavior we all want (bypassing the superfluous email) is something that can be customized using the API? Could we hire a developer who could make the same thing happen now?  Are there any 3rd party plugins that work with CC and have this feature? Could any other users recommend a different emailer provider that does what we need? 

JHARTFORD
Rookie

Adding my voice to the chorus of "this is a feature we want" - it will also keep me from exploring other email platforms to switch to.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More