Schedule a campaign to send based on the contact's timezone

Allowing me to send out scheduled emails based on my customers time zone would be mazing.

23 Comments
SteveL626
Rookie

Currently, when I schedule an email it is based on my time zone, and will send to recipients at the same time, regardless of where they are. For example, I'm in Arizona so when I schedule an emailf or 5 a.m. AZ time, those on the East Coast will see it at 8 a.m., while those on the West Coast are receiving it at 5 a.m. However, it would be great if everyone could receive the e-mail at 8 a.m., so no matter where you live, the email is being delivered to your inbox at 8 a.m. Other software like offers this feature, not sure why Constant Contact does not. 

AlexisK58
Marketing Legend

has a time-warp option which I think is great. For example,you can choose to send your email at 9:00 AM depending on the time zone of the recipient.

Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

@AlexisK58 thank you for providing your feedback and idea.  I have opened this idea up for voting.

DeborahS05
Rookie

Is this possible yet? Most email platforms allow this so I assumed Constant Contact would have no problem doing this but I'm not finding any solutions.

DeborahS05
Rookie

Why is this still not possible?

axiang
Rookie

Is there a time zone resolution yet?

DeborahK781
Rookie

Suggest you consider adding a "time zone" field to the information one can store on contacts. As communications become increasingly virtual, I'm having more contacts that are not only outside of my time zone but outside of my country of residence. Plus some emails may not be relevant to someone in an "earlier" time zone.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi DeborahK781 what cases would you need to track a contact's time zone? Does creating a custom field for this in the meantime not fit your needs?

DeborahK781
Rookie

Hi Frankie_P

Perhaps the custom field would work, and perhaps I should explore that further.  I was wondering whether  I might also like to be able to filter who receives an email based on time zone.   For example, if I'm advertising an event that would not likely be appropriate in a different time zone it might be nice to not send an email to those people.  (Eg, something I'd doing at 5pm might be 2am in the morning for someone else).

MSEAudio
Rookie

I agree, my company has a lot of international customers–all over the world. Being able to segment by time zone would save me so much!!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More