cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact removal

Contact removal

It would be nice to be able to delete or remove the contact while on the screen that reflects the contacts details.
86 Comments

We have to go to too many screens to just Delete a bounce, making sure it is a valid bounce (as in wrong or not a valid email any more, etc). If I click on the "Trash can" you would think you are "deleting" it, but then it takes you to the next screen where you can put an exclamation of why you are deleting (that's a good thing) but after submitting the exclamation, there is not other submit or no indication that this person will be deleted. Where do you go from there?

Hi Donna, 

Thanks for posting, this is great feedback. Can you tell me more about which trashcan icon you are using? If you are using the trashcan icon on the contact details directly this is mean to delete just the email address but if you are using the trashcan on the bounce report you will see the popup message. Can you clarify which you are using so I can better understand whats happening?

Thanks!

Status changed to: New

There should be an option to delete all contacts in the profile area when you select their profile to track there activity instead of having to back space and delete.

Thanks for this feedback. I can understand how this would be helpful. You can delete the contact from the list view too--just check off the contact and use the "More Actions" drop down to choose "Delete".
Frequent Visitor
When reviewing the Opens in Reports, there is no way to easily delete a contact. Can it be added to the dropdown? The "old" system was much easier to navigate in terms of contact management!
CTCT Employee
Thank you for this idea. If you agree and would like to see the option to delete contacts from within the email reports, please let us know by voting for this idea.
Your way of removing contacts and lists is hard to understand. I like things the old way.
Thanks for posting. Can you tell me more about what is confusing for you?
When I tried to delete contact from my Bounce list, it removed the person's email address, but not her name/profile. Why would I want a person's name/profile to still exist in my lists? If you're going to make me keep her name in my lists, at least give me an option to delete just her email, or her entire profile.
Hi Sarah, I apologize for the confusion. It sounds like you are using the trashcan icon to delete which will only remove the email address. Instead, check off the contact from the bounce list and use "Remove Emails" to delete the entire contact.
Occasional Contributor

Should have a way to remove a contact from that contacts info page.

Occasional Contributor
The steps I take to remove bounces 1. view the bounce list 2. click on each person 1 by 1 3. On each persons's page look up the history 4. if the emails have been bouncing due to "undeliverable" for more than a period of time (I use 3 months of bounces) delete the contact. BUT THERE'S NO DELETE BUTTON ON THIS PAGE. SO ONE HAS TO GO BACK TO THE CONTACT LIST, REMEMBER THE CONTACT'S NAME, AND DELETE THE CONTACT THERE. PLEASE ADD A DELETE BUTTON TO THE CONTACT'S INFORMATION PAGE, SO THAT USERS WHO WANT TO REVIEW THE HISTORY BEFORE DECIDING WHETHER TO DELETE A BOUNCE CAN DO IT THERE. THEN YOU CAN GO BACK TO THE LIST AND SEE IT'S CROSSED OFF AND REALIZE YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHECK THAT ONE AGAIN.

Hi Sue,

Are you looking to delete a contact from within the contact details? If so, you can delete the email address:

11-18-2013 1-34-12 PM.jpg

but the contact would still exist in your account. In order to remove the entire contact you will need to check them off from the list view and use delete. 

Occasional Visitor
i am trying to delete contacts that keep bouncing. I've tried three times today, but they keep appearing. Can you please let me know how to delete contacts i don't want to keep? thanks, tanya
All Star
see above
Visitor
I like that you can see if a contact is opening your newsletter or has not over a period of time. It would really help if we could delete the contact after we click on the individual contact. in other words- I am on the individual contact page and see that they have not opened the last 5 emails. There should be a button to delete that contact from my list on that page.
Visitor
when I am in the contact's file, why can't I click on a "delete" button? I am not liking this "upgrade" ... I used to be able to go into a particular client file, delete one or two mailing lists, or delete them all together. Now I have to go back out to a list, click on a box and delete them that way. This is way too much work!
Occasional Visitor
Trying to delete a contact but your guidelines say to hit the MORE buttom on Manage contacts. Where is that button?
Regular Visitor
I want to delete a contact from the Contacts field. That should be simple enough. It is not. I absolutely HATE your "improvements" to adding contacts.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback. I can see how that option would be very useful.
Visitor
Would be helpful to have a remove contact option when you are viewing an individual contact

I am sorry for the confusion. Once removed are the contacts still showing in your account or in the report you are removing them from? They should still show in the report for reference but will be crossed out.

12-12-2013 2-01-04 PM.jpg

Also, are you checking them off and using remove in the header or using the trashcan icon next to the email address?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
I entered a name with its email address twice by mistake. I can delete the email of one, but the name still appears twice in the list.
Frequent Visitor

I see the duplicate name when I search for the email address in Contacts.

I used the trashcan icon next to the email address.  When I clicked on the header I didn't see a Remove option.  

Occasional Contributor
How come, 9 out of 10 times, when i want to delete and hit the tab for 'other actions' ...it bounces and my prompt moves and i have to click it again 90% of the time??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! For what you charge---this ability to delete is ARCHAIC
See above.

It sounds like you clicked into a contact instead of viewing the contact on the bounce page. The remove option is available once you have checked off the contact. 

12-19-2013 9-22-29 AM.jpg

Occasional Visitor
This is a HUGE waste of time. I add 10-20 contacts at a time and the one page form for all was much better. GIVE ME THAT FORM BACK!!!!!
Regular Visitor
The auto correct on this is irritating. And sorry but too many clicks to add a simple email. Will not keep if this is not changed.

Thanks for sharing this idea. 

I would like a delete button on the same page as where you enter/edit contact information. It's time consuming to have to exit the record, search for the contact again, then check the box and check delete from the drop down menu. Once I go through all of that, I have to re-navigate back to the where I was before the delete. Thanks!
CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have any more details or more feedback to give us!

Frequent Visitor

I would like the capability to delete a contact within their profile page.

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Brian,

Thank you for posting this idea. Please continue posting any suggestions you may have.

How do I delete a contact?

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for posting! You can check off a contact in any list view to delete them.

2-18-2014 11-55-27 AM.jpg

I'm not finding a way to delete individual contacts from a list

Hi AzizaB , 

If you are within a list just check off the contacts you want to delete and then click "More Actions" in the header!

2-26-2014 10-08-09 AM.jpg

All Star
we need a delete option on the individual contact's page.
Occasional Visitor
I also have 705 "Active" contacts.....can't seem to delete them. When I click on that list there is NO WHERE to delete? That option is on my other lists but not this one. I change out my lists every email I do, as we update folks every week. This seems to have gotten worse not better.
CTCT Employee
Paula, can you give us a little more information about what you're seeing? It sounds like the delete option is there when you're working in some lists and not others? We would really like to provide you with a speedy resolution, so any additional details can help us! Please don't hesitate to call the support team when you run into something like this. We can be reached at 855-229-5506 when you're ready. Thanks!