Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Delete contact from within the contact profile

It would be nice to be able to delete or remove the contact while on the screen that reflects the contacts details.

91 Comments
SeleneB0
Rookie
Interface stinks. Should be able to perform same tasks in bulk as in detailed records. Should be able to Remove from List (Unsubscribe) more than one record at a time. Use two layers of detailed warnings to help people avoid the mistake, but don't block ability to do a bulk activity like that. Also, allow delete record within the contact (not just at the bulk level). Functionality should be same in records regardless of the level of viewing.
JasminJ9
Rookie
It would be nice to be able to search for a specific address on the list and then delete it, if need be. I hate going thru pages and pages looking for the one address that I need to remove because I know it if obsolete.
Lory_H
Employee
Status changed to: New

I just wanted to let you know that there is a way to search for those email addresses individually. Here is a link to an article that can help with that: Search for contacts and email addresses

We want to make sure that you're able to do the things you need with the new tools, so please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team here if you have any additional questions. We can be reached at 855-229-5506 if you need anything else! Thanks so much for reaching out to us!

CindyC1729
Rookie
In fact, it is not intuitive at all. Instead of editing a contact I seem to have created a new one and now have 2; one that I can't figure out how to delete. It should be simple. Where's the "edit" and "delete" functions?????
Katelynn_B
Employee

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your feedback.  Below I have provided links to FAQs that walk you through editing a contact and deleting a contact in the new system.  I apologize you were having issues doing that before.

Editing a contact

Deleting a contact

If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know!

Katelynn_B
Employee

Constance_F
Employee

Constance_F
Employee

Thank you for the feedback!  We do have a way for you to add a list of unsubscribed addresses to the account, it is an advanced feature you are able to turn on.  Click the link below to visit our FAQ with specific instructions:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/33118-Import-a-List-of-Unsubscribed...

Hope this helps!  Please continue to provide us with feedback and vote for other ideas you think would make the system even better.  If you have questions don't hesitate to contact our support team for some additional help.

JonB779
Campaign Contributor
Should be able to delete contact from the page that shows HOW MANY of their recent emails bounced. Nuisance to have to go back to the list of bounced contacts to delete this one after I check how many bounces they have had.
LarryL79
Rookie
I regularly go through emails to delete the names of customers who have not opened emails. I really appreciate the new "did not open" list option. However, when I get that list --- and check names on that list I am taken to their individual contact info page. There I can see if they have or have not actually opened any sent messages. If I decide to delete them, however, I cannot do so from that page. I need to close that screen and start the process over... It's cumbersome... It would seem a simple --- and important feature --- would be adding the option to delete someone from the page without the extra steps.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More