cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Contact removal

Contact removal

It would be nice to be able to delete or remove the contact while on the screen that reflects the contacts details.
86 Comments
Visitor
Interface stinks. Should be able to perform same tasks in bulk as in detailed records. Should be able to Remove from List (Unsubscribe) more than one record at a time. Use two layers of detailed warnings to help people avoid the mistake, but don't block ability to do a bulk activity like that. Also, allow delete record within the contact (not just at the bulk level). Functionality should be same in records regardless of the level of viewing.
All Star
It would be nice to be able to search for a specific address on the list and then delete it, if need be. I hate going thru pages and pages looking for the one address that I need to remove because I know it if obsolete.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

I just wanted to let you know that there is a way to search for those email addresses individually. Here is a link to an article that can help with that: Search for contacts and email addresses

We want to make sure that you're able to do the things you need with the new tools, so please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team here if you have any additional questions. We can be reached at 855-229-5506 if you need anything else! Thanks so much for reaching out to us!

Occasional Visitor
In fact, it is not intuitive at all. Instead of editing a contact I seem to have created a new one and now have 2; one that I can't figure out how to delete. It should be simple. Where's the "edit" and "delete" functions?????
CTCT Employee

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your feedback.  Below I have provided links to FAQs that walk you through editing a contact and deleting a contact in the new system.  I apologize you were having issues doing that before.

Editing a contact

Deleting a contact

If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know!

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Thank you for the feedback!  We do have a way for you to add a list of unsubscribed addresses to the account, it is an advanced feature you are able to turn on.  Click the link below to visit our FAQ with specific instructions:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5700-bulk-upload-of-unsubscribed-co...

Hope this helps!  Please continue to provide us with feedback and vote for other ideas you think would make the system even better.  If you have questions don't hesitate to contact our support team for some additional help.

All Star
Should be able to delete contact from the page that shows HOW MANY of their recent emails bounced. Nuisance to have to go back to the list of bounced contacts to delete this one after I check how many bounces they have had.
Visitor
I regularly go through emails to delete the names of customers who have not opened emails. I really appreciate the new "did not open" list option. However, when I get that list --- and check names on that list I am taken to their individual contact info page. There I can see if they have or have not actually opened any sent messages. If I decide to delete them, however, I cannot do so from that page. I need to close that screen and start the process over... It's cumbersome... It would seem a simple --- and important feature --- would be adding the option to delete someone from the page without the extra steps.
Occasional Contributor
It would be truly helpful to have a warning message pop up when choosing to delete an email. In recently updating a contact, I thought I would delete the old email address then add a new one. Unfortunately, it was not self-evident to me that deleting the email would remove all the lists this person was on. I anticipated simply deleting one email, then adding another one. If not a warning pop-up window, perhaps a simple well-placed line that recommends to edit or first add the email address or the lists will be lost.
I want to delete contacts from my list that have not been opening any emails, but I don't see any easy way to do this. Can you help?
CTCT Employee

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I wanted to provide you with some information on the did not open report before you decide to delete those contacts.

We do provide the "Did not open report" which gives you a really good idea of who hasn't opened your email, however it is not exact. We can't track every time someone opens an email, if they don't download the images in the email or click on a link in the email we won't track that they actually read the email so they wills how on the did not open report.

I would suggest using that report in a different way to target those contacts instead of just deleting them. Below I have provided some FAQs that I think you will find beneficial.

Contacts who didn't open your email - check out "Putting that info to work"

How open are determined

If you decide you want to delete those contacts I would suggest creating a list of the contacts who haven't opened your email and then deleting that list. Follow the steps below to do that.

Click on the Email tab, choose Reports and choose the number of people who opened your email. Once on this page click on Did Not Open on the left hand side. Select all of the contacts, choose Add to Email List, create a new list and add the contacts to that new list.

Once on the list go to the Contacts tab, click on the new list you created and choose to delete the list and the contacts.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach back out to us. You can even reach us by phone at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

CTCT Employee

Visitor
When I look at all the details of an individual's record, I want to be able to delete that whole record from right there.
Occasional Contributor
If I could delete contacts from the Contact Name page, my life would be easier. It is so cumbersome to have to go back to the bounce page, wait for it to load, then delete it. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor
I searched for a contact name and found it. I wanted to delete the name, but there was no button on the page I could use for this purpose--not a user-friendly situation.
Occasional Visitor
WHY isn't there a DELETE button when you open the contact to get rid of them. WHY when you search on DELETE CONTACT or CONTACT DELETE do I get info on "6 Reasons Your Emails Have Bounced" WHY when you hover over the WHITE BOX at the top of the contacts doesn't it tell you what it does ...... and finally WHY when you click in the white box and want to delete a contact do you have to drop down another menu which contains DELETE when there was plenty of room on the bar to just add instead of me having to search for it
All Star
I'd like to be able to delete contacts from within the contact, instead of looking at the contact's information and verifying that this contact should be deleted, then going back to the list and removing it there.
Frequent Visitor
I'd love to be able to delete a contact from that contact's page. When I'm cleaning out bounces, I click on each bounced contact to check their "Engagement" listing. If they've bounced multiple times, then I delete them. But there's no way to delete a contact directly from that "Engagement" column, or their contact page, at least not that I can see. Am I missing an easy way to do this?
Why can't I delete a contact after I click on them for more details? I have to back out to the list to delete them, and that button is under "more options." Some streamlining would be nice.
Occasional Contributor
Why can't there just be a delete button as part of the contact card. Every time we have to remove a customer from our list it's a battle to remember how to do it. It should be: Search the contact. Find the card and hit a delete button.
Visitor
When editing a contact record, there should be a delete button somewhere on the screen so that one does not have to go back to the search result page to delete them. Specifically because I have to go into the contact record to see how many times a contact's email has bounced before deciding to remove them from our contact list. That whole back and forth is unnecessary and may cause me to delete the wrong contact.
All Star
It would be VERY convenient to have a "Delete Contact" option when you have an actual contact open (edit mode). Thank you!!
Status changed to: Voting Open

CTCT Employee

Administrator

Please add a delete button to the contact's page. It's time consuming and a pain to have to go back to list to delete a contact.
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

All Star
Please add a "Delete Contact" option/button on the contacts detailed information page.

HI @CRChome

At this time you can delete the email address from the contact profile but to delete the entire record of a particular contact you would need to delete from the list view. Thanks for posting!

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to be able to delete contacts when your in their record.
Occasional Visitor
I just answered a survey regarding contacts...and I should've mentioned that it would be much easier if you were able to DELETE a contact from the screen where you can see your Open (or not opened!) activity! Thank You
All Star
can we do it by not having to scroll way up? there could be a delete button next to it.
It's hard to delete a contact!