Display engagement history on same page as contact details

0 Votes

I sued to be able to see email, phone address, tags, groups, and activity all in 1 click. now I have to go through different hoops just to get the same information. Absolutely HORRIBLE design. Please return it to as it was or at the least make it better. Right now, it is a nightmare.

7 Comments
SapphireMkt
Rookie

Just my opinion. Since there is so much dead space on the detail page of an individuals contact, it would be less key strokes if you move the engagement page to the detail page so you only have to look at the information instead of going to another tab.  List it below the box with the "lists". 

StephanieR349
Rookie

Very unhappy that you changed the format in the contact tab. i need the interaction page to be part of the contact not a separate tab. I see no reason for that except to create more work for me, the customer, by having to flip back and forth between the two tabs. Also, you took out the copy the same contact info so when I have multiple contacts from the same practice I have to start over. please change it back.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @SapphireMkt and @StephanieR349 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TheMonteroTeam. While we understand that change can be difficult, we want to make sure that our new Contacts experience works for our customers. In the new contact details view, contact information is split between two tabs. While there is the additional step of one click to view Engagement, you do not need to leave the page and you can easily navigate between the two tabs. Does this new view not work for you?

Caitlin_M_0-1612811672597.png

Hi Caitlin_M, First, thank you for responding. I would like to address each of your statements in turn.

First of all, change is not difficult. I am a former Graphic Designer and IT Support Tech and embraced new software and Operating Systems alike, however, each of these were better than the last.

Change is good, but "Bad Design" disguised as "Change" is the worst insult.

There are 2 rules in design 1. KISS Keep it simple, and 2. The less click the interface, the better. The new interface fails at both.

I used to be able to see all my Lists, Tags and contacts in the main "Contacts" page, One click, and click a name with the Click-Wheel to open in a new tab in necessary. And when I opened a specific contact, I had all the information, Lists, Tags, Engagement, Address, Phone, everything in 1 page, Two Clicks Total. 

I would STRONGLY encourage you guys to change it back to the better, much more streamlined interface. Or at least be honest and tell us that we are screwed and have no choice but to accept it, or find another better service. I prefer honesty.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

@TheMonteroTeam Thank you for the details. I understand how it would be useful to reduce the number of clicks, especially when viewing a large amount of information. While we are not converting customers back to the previous design, we recognize that there are requests from customers for similar designs/features from the previous experience. We've already made improvements based on feedback. I have asked our Product team to review the request for a more complete contact details page and if we receive updates, we'll post them here. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to display both the engagement history and contact details on the same page. You will need to click between the tabs to view these. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More