Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Increase Character Limit for Custom Field content

Why is it that your custom text field is so short?

Surely, we should have options? Look at the length of THIS text feedback field?

I cannot work with a tool that is so restrictive.

10 Comments
Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @Core2Africa!

Thank you for your feedback, and this is a great product improvement idea. For some further insight, how many characters would you expect this field to hold? 

Hello — We also need this to add an opt-in field for GDPR compliance. Our message should read "I’m interested in receiving email communications from <company name>. I understand that I may unsubscribe at any time." This is 140 characters.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @Bermuda_Business_Development_Agency. Our sign-up tools are GDPR compliant and you should not need to include a custom field to accomplish this task. When a contact using one of our sign-up tools, it is recorded as express permission

JasonG2010
Rookie
Why can't we create forms with customer fields like this feedback form I am submitting to now with Custom fields that are larger than 100 characters?
Frankie_P

Hi @JasonG2010

What are some cases where you would want a custom field with that many characters available?

JasonG2010
Rookie

We are currently trying to create a form where the visitor enters their email address and then answers 1 free form feedback question like "What new products would you like to see on our site?"

After they submit this question, they get added to a mailing list and they get a 15% OFF coupon code sent to their email as the welcome email from the mailing list.

You can't do this with the landing page because the text field is too small.

You can't do this with the Constant Contact survey function because you can't change the Thank You page after submission and you can't automatically add the user to a mailing list and send an email with a promo code afterwards.

DUNAMISPOWER
Rookie
Please can you fix this form, NOT enough room to enter details for the prayer request? Here it is: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/DNw6P83/spring
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request to allow a larger character limit for custom fields but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

AlR309
Rookie

Hello, any updates on this? I'm creating a contact form and I added a customized field called "Message", however, it has a character limit. It's too short. What can I do?

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @AlR309. There aren't any current plans to increase the character limit. We'll update the thread if we have news to share. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More