cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Customizable Welcome Emails

Customizable Welcome Emails

The template for welcome emails is UGLY -- I am sad that my new contact's first impression is so unattractive. Please add the ability to use any email as the welcome email, just like Autoresponder emails. Or allow a 0-day (immediate) autoresponder email and disable the welcome email. Thank you!! Contact me for any additional questions. username: askevannyc

22 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Please put a link back to our websites on the sign up forms. Would be nice to have on the welcome letter also
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for this suggestion.
Occasional Visitor
Please add more functionality to the Welcome Email option. Would be great to be able to turn this on/off. Would also be helpful to be able to send this to the same email address more than once if they sign up for a completely different email subscription list. Thanks!
Visitor

I am a graphic designer and don't find many current, more trendy templates....they all have a decidedly newsletter look. Maybe some artistic, little more current graphic styles for photographers and artists.....might be nice. Otherwise, I love Contact Contact....I really enjoy it! And everytime I call, everyone is very, professional and helpful. Great job. Nicky (Carolyn) Kohler

Thanks for posting this feedback, Nicky!

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We are working on improvements to the welcome email for the near future!

Frequent Visitor
Also NEED to have different welcome letters for each list. Please address these - having to create workarounds which are tedious and not seamless.
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was just about to post the same question.  I use Constant Contact so I don't have to mess around with HTML / XHTML or coding. Like the original poster I've created the exact email we want to send out to new sign ups as an autoresponder and it looks good.... It was only when I tried to change this to send immediately I found the very dry and dull Welcome email wizard...

Surely it should be easy to be able to use the auto responder instead of the Welcome email? Or if not, give us the same kind of template for the Welcome email so we can easily match this to our other correspondence?

Chrissie

Occasional Contributor

I was just wondering if there was any response from Constant Contact on this, or intentions to change the auto responder so we can actually use a designed email ?

Occasional Contributor

Sorry - I meant the original sign up email...

Alternatively why not change the autoresponder so it can be sent out immediately someone signs up, or within a number of minutes?  It's not too difficult for that to be reprogrammed and it would make life much easier.

Frequent Visitor

If 66% of all emails are opened in a mobile browser why do we have to pay for custom programming to make it look good in mobile!!!  And, why can't it be dropped into any of the other templates so that it looks like the rest of the emails that my subscribers will be getting?  If I were confident fiddling with the code, I'd give it a go, but I shouldn't have to.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen CTCT mention "responsive" templates so I'm assuming they aren't in the pipeline. Are they?

These mobile templates tend to be a single column layout.  I suggest you find any single column template from the other collection of templates and test using one of those. In that way both your mobile and desktop users with see the same exact piece.

Until CTCT provides a common design base using a responsive architecture you'll always have this problem. 

In my humble opinion, with mobile phones getting larger all the time, this issue is actually getting to be less of a real issue.

Honored Contributor

We actually do have mobile-responsive templates available in our Email Marketing product in our Standalone accounts.

If you go to do a search when on the template picker page for mobile-responsive, you can see all of them.

There is no additional charge for these templates.

Honored Contributor

Not sure how I missed that announcement.

Thanks. I 'll take a peak.

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately we still can't use the templates for our welcome email to a new subscriber.  It would make a lot more sense if we could send them an email that looks like the ones that they have signed up for.  The welcome email is forced by the footer to display at a certain width which makes for teeny text when viewed on a phone.

Thanks for this feedback, @CherylFlag!

Solution Provider
Constant Contact's welcome email is extremely limiting and it looks outdated and too generic. There should be the ability to customize the email so it matches the other ongoing emails that are being sent from our company. Consistency is very important! There should be the same functionality available to use one of CC templates that can be customized to match a company's brand look and feel. As you know, the welcome email is one of the most important emails that a company can send and it typically has the highest open rate. Because of this, it should be the highest on Constant Contact's list to fix and give customers the ability to fully customize without having to change the HTML code.
Constant contact is such a great and easy platform to use with one glaring exception--the welcome email. Here are my issues with it: 1. there's no easy way to include a link (unless it's a pdf); 2. the template requires me to write one paragraph at a time which is incredibly frustrating and difficult to edit. Thank you for considering this input as you move forward. Best, Rhegina
Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Closed - No Action