Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Customize message on unsubscribe form

We would like to use the permission reminder but find this wording uncomfortable, " You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails." This suggests the reader needs permission to stop receiving our emails. That's an invitation to spam us. Can you replace the word, "may" or reword the sentence to say, "Please use the unsubscribe link if you no longer wish to receive our emails."

10 Comments
Ariana_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

KarenP93
Rookie

good afternoon,

i can see no way to change your unsubscribe message online. is this possible?

thanks

Em

Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @KarenP93,

Thank you for the great feedback. Unfortunately at this time the Unsubscribe message is not able to be customized. We do have the Update Profile form which you can edit and customize so that it comes up when your subscribers hit 'Unsubscribe', this could potentially be a workaround for you. However, I've opened this idea for voting.

Thank you!

I believe that we should be able to edit the message shown when people want to unsubscribe. We use our mailing list in a variety of ways, and would like clients to know that they are not just unsubscribing from our marketing emails, but also important emails about the trips they have booked.

DougS22476
Campaign Contributor

I agree with CMEAWAYbySeaCources.  There should be a setting to present a customized message on the page a subscriber sees when they click "unsubscribe".  For some businesses, being a subscriber means more than just receiving emails.

RichardW2134
Rookie

Agreed, This language should be customizable .

JessicaR7073
Rookie

I agree. How do I "vote"?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

T.RonD
Rookie

Also agree with CMEAWAYbySeaCources. Can we have an update on the status of this request? 

T.RonD
Rookie

We should be able to edit the message shown when people want to unsubscribe. We use our mailing list in a variety of ways, and would like recipients to know that they are not just unsubscribing from our marketing emails, but also important emails about their accounts, upcoming clients, bookings, and payments. 

Can this be implemented? 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More