Regular Advisor
kinetica
Accepted Solution

Data Collection field for Mobile Phone Number

I use CC to send newsletters for over 100 different clients.  My clients use an "email card" printed by us at their checkouts to collect customer email addresses, first & last name and birth month. 

Some of my clients are interested in capturing Mobile Phone numbers for text marketing purposes.  However CC does not have a Mobile Phone field.  Only home and work phone fields. 

Using a Custom Field to capture this info won't work because it doesn't specify what type of phone number it is.  When will you be adding a Mobile Phone Field?

Thanks

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: Data Collection field for Mobile Phone Number

Hi Chris,

I moved your post to the Managing Contacts board.

You can most defnitely ask for a mobile phone number on your Join My Mailing List Form.  You would just want to change one of the other fields to display "Mobile Phone" instead of "Custom Field" or another field on the form.

Here are the steps to set this up:

Click on the Contacts tab in your account

Click on Grow My Contact List

Under #1 - Customize my Form

Click on Contact Info on the left

Contact Info.png

Of the options that are available on your form, you can click on any of those to change what is displayed.

custom field.pngRename Question.png

Once you have changed a field to state "Mobile Phone", you can then go through all the Next buttons until you completely save and activate your changes.

JMML Form Mobile Phone.png

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!