Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Deleting Contacts

0 Votes

I started to delete all contacts in a list, as they had been put there inadvertently or mysteriously. But when I got ready to delete them, this was part of the screen that showed: "Contacts removed from their last list will remain in your account, but not on any lists." (Italics mine.) To me, that says that if I delete them from the one list where they don't belong, then they will be deleted from any other lists. I went to the Chat function and was assured this is not so; that deleting from the one list will not delete them from any other lists. I'm still very nervous about this, as it is 591 contacts and if I lose them, I won't be able to recover them. I suggested to the Chat representative that this sentence be reworded, if what the rep was saying was correct. I honestly don't know what to do. I need them out of the one list, but I cannot lose them in the other lists.

2 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @BeaWH thanks for sharing this feedback with us! This wording appears when selecting to remove contacts from a list rather than deleting it from your account completely. We apologize for any confusion it may have caused. What type of wording would you rather see instead? 

"Contacts removed from their last list will remain in your account, but not on any lists," means you are only removing the contacts from the list you have selected. For instance if your contact Emily is on List A and List B - when you select to remove them from List A, they will still remain on List B. However if Emily is only on List A, when you select to remove them from List A and not delete them from your account entirely Emily will remained stored in your contacts but unattached to any list.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More