cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Deleting Contacts

0 Votes

Deleting Contacts

WOW! Deleting contacts is a COMPLETE PAIN. You did not make this function very easy. I understand there are 2 methods to accomplish this but both are tedious and completely time consuming! Please find a way to make deleting contacts easier... I beg you
14 Comments
Hello - I used to be able to remove a contact who, by oversight, was on 2 of my email lists. Now, it seems I can ONLY delete someone permanently from ALL my lists.
Visitor
Just found the delete contact lists, hopefully this will help
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

I am happy to report that this is possible and I can help with that! When you're looking at a contact, you can remove them from a list by clicking on the one you would like to edit, then clicking on the "x" button next to the list you want to remove them from and saving the contact. Here is a little more information about that process: Remove contact from email lists

If you have any questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team here at (866) 289-2101 when you're ready!

CTCT Employee

CTCT Employee

Hi Iris,

Yes, you can delete contact lists by:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
  2. Scroll down your left-hand menu options to find your "Email Lists" section.
  3. Hover your cursor over the name of the list you want to delete.
  4. Click the down-arrow icon.
  5. Select Delete from the drop-down.
  6. Look over the informational pop-up and choose how you want to delete the list.
    • Delete the list only will just remove the email list but keep all your contacts untouched.
    • Delete the list and the contacts will remove the email list and any contacts that aren't also duplicated on another email list.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to delete some of our contacts manually but after i delete a few from a page it scrambles the list. it is very inconvenient and i wish there was a way to fix it. Maybe have all the contacts show up on 1 page? it only allows 500 at a time for now

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Regular Visitor
I used to be able to delete the contacts out of a list and import an update one. Now I can't find the function that lets me do that. Very non user friendly.

Thanks for posting! You can delete any contacts from any list view that you would like. To do this, view the list and check off all or just some of the contacts. The delete button is available under "More Actions".

10-9-2014 10-30-37 AM.jpg

If you would rather delete the list and then add a new one to update you can use the down arrow to the right of any list name to complete this.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Status changed to: Closed - No Action