Duplicate Contact Handling

0 Votes
Would like to see the ability to cross-reference 2 different lists and identify duplicates across different lists without merging. Example: If I have a list for Youtube influencers and another list for Instagram influencers, I would send different emails to each group but I don't want a single person to receive the similar email twice. Implementation would look like this: User clicks the check boxes next to the lists. Drops down the action list and selects "Check For Duplicates" A result screen pops up with either "No Duplicates Found" OR A column listing all of the duplicate profiles, with other columns to the right with check boxes. There would be one column per list selected, and the user would have the ability to tick the boxes or untick the boxes to quickly select which list(s) to add or remove each contact from. Contact: List 1: List 2: List 3: John Doe John@Doe.com X X
4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AndrewK850 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Just to clarify, are you selecting more than one email list on a single campaign? Or sending similar email campaigns to each contact list separately? The good news is our system is designed to send an email campaign only once to each contact if more than one list is selected when scheduling a single campaign. Our contacts segment tool also allows users to pull a list of contacts based on their list membership. Does creating a segment help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

ASkeltonUVC
Rookie

I think he's asking for an If-then option. IF a contact is listed in Campaign A, THEN I don't want them to receive an email in Campaign B.

Frankie_P

Hi @ASkeltonUVC

In cases where users want to filter contacts based on their list membership we do recommend creating tags or segments. Both of these options will allow you to filter contacts from receiving an email.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More