cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Edit or Delete Notes

Edit or Delete Notes

Is there a way that you can go back and edit or add to a note? If not, this is something I would recommend you trying to modify. Often we spell things wrong or would like to add additional information to a given note. Thanks so much!

31 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Cannot edit notes. How do you do that without making a whole new note. Also if you make a whole new note, how do you delete the first one?
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into the possibility of being able to edit or delete notes. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with 'Notes' in 'Contacts'. I am able to add a note, but not edit or delete it. It'll be great to have flexibility with notes, instead of accumulating them chronologically. Thank you so much.
Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for posting this feedback. You're right, at this time you can't edit or delete a note but this is good feedback for the future!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for sharing this feedback. At this time you can't edit or delete notes but this is something we are working on for the future. 

Thanks again!

Occasional Visitor
It is very important that access to delete and/or edit notes made on individual contacts be included in this site. The absence of this ability limits the usefulness of the notes option.
Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
Seems like this would be an easy fix. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete notes. Now I have to leave a note that the previous note is no longer valid!
Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor
Please, please - update the NOTE feature. We have to be able to edit or delete notes. The ONLY way to edit a NOTE is to delete the whole contact / re-enter the whole Contact / then put in the corrected NOTE. That feature is a 'deal-breaker' if it can't be corrected. Please advise. Thank you.
Visitor

Absolutely right. You must be able to edit a note. If you are concerned about audit trail, there are ways to retain original note in back-end but not being able to edit a note is really antiquated.

Visitor

This debate has been ongoing for over 3 years. Let's get it resolved.

Regular Visitor

please add option to edit/delete notes

All Star

I need the option to delete old notes that no longer are relevant for a contact.  How has this not been implemented yet?  The note feature is useless if you do not have the ability to edit or delete!  PLEASEEEEE FIX THIS ASAP!

Regular Visitor

PLEASE!!!!!!!! Please add a edit/delete note feature!!!! I cannot imagine why this has not been avaialble from the beginning. Thanks!

It would be nice to be able to edit/delete notes.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE change the system to be able to edit contact notes!!!!! Thank you!
Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Occasional Visitor

People have been begging to edit and/or delete notes since 2013, why has this STILL not been implemented?  Does anyone at CC actually read these comments?

Visitor

Agreed! Can you please add a delete/edit button to the notes section?! 

I saw this topic discussed a few years ago... It would be really nice to be able to edit the notes section in a contact. (like you can do in Asana) Thanks!
keep up with the technology - updates... Give NOTES ability to edit and/or delete. Add Contact, put phone/email/address in 1 box for faster load, & edit . Confirm receive on Engagement. Lots of room for improvement. Be more than just a filing system.

I ran a search test using information in the "notes" on 3 Contacts. The results were negative and I wanted to delete the note, but I cannot do so. Now, I have 3 contacts with useless and somewhat random info in their 'notes'. I would like for the notes to be editable and/or removable so I can clean up these contacts.

All Star

Wow, I'm late to this train! This was being discussed as far back as 2013?? Six years later, no change? It seems like such a rudimentary no-brainer feature!

I agree this is a necessity. Leaving us without the option to manage our contact notes cultivates bloat, muddying the waters with a confusing information-hierarchy (paving the way for potential administrative errors), wastes time due to said confusion and clogs up the screen. New admins attempting to use the system, or who inherit it, need a clear and professional path of logged documentation, not to stare at a stack of notes and decipher which ones are relevant. It's never a good idea to 'immortalize' obsolete information. (At the very least, if you *must* keep it for some reason, then 'retire' it to a personalized 'Note Archive' or something--get it off the screen--anything but leaving it enshrined right in the Contact area, untouchable.) My two cents.

This is basic functionality to allow us to track correspondence with contacts besides email.  I would like to completely cancel Salesforce and use Constant Contact exclusively but not having this option keeps me from doing so.  I see this has been requested for over 5 years, please add this functionality.

I am a new user to Constant Contact. I can't believe you cannot delete a note. 

It seems to be something easily resolved. Please make it a priority. I see requests for this from 2014 ! 

Occasional Contributor
There seems to be no way to edit or delete an old note. I use the notes a lot--it's very helpful! But there are sometimes things that I've put in that are incorrect, so I have to put in another note. Worse, there have been times when something was put in that is a little too personal, and should be taken out, but I can't.
Frequent Visitor

Please, please fix this issue - it would seem a simple idea that many of us are requesting - being unable to delete or edit a note is not an ideal situation.