cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email subscribers need to be able to update their email in the "update profile/email" option

Email subscribers need to be able to update their email in the "update profile/email" option

Believe it or not, a subscriber can't currently update their email address via the "update profile/email" link at the bottom of each email. A customer called to tell us, and I verified that it's true. Additionally, I couldn't go into her contact info and change the address, either. I actually had to delete her old contact info and resubscribe her with a new address. To do it on her own, she would have needed to "SafeUnsubscribe" and then resubscribe. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Email subscribers need to be able to update their email address using the "update profile/email" option.

7 Comments
Occasional Advisor

Is this a recent change? I have this problem as well.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Advisor

I just found out that this is true. Users can no longer change their email addresses from the "Update Your Profile" link in the emails they receive.

Big problem... major inconvenience... please fix ASAP.

Advisor

Hello Folks,

The issue you are having is most likely due to your contact being confirmed. Confirming your email address via the permission reminder or Confirmed Opt in basically takes the email address and does not allow you to change it once they have confirmed. You would then have to delete the contact in question and then re-enter them as a new contact.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Status changed to: Closed - No Action